Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Handbrake Boot

Hello everyone!

I was just thinking about fitting my handbrake with a leather boot; it would certainly look more elegant in comparison.

Has anyone done such a mod with their FiST?

If so, which one did you purchase?

a1b3d0

Hello everyone!

I was just thinking about fitting my handbrake with a leather boot; it would certainly look more elegant in comparison.

Has anyone done such a mod with their FiST?

If so, which one did you purchase?
Did you end up doing this? I see one on Ebay and am curious how it went. Can't find a single thing online about them.

Jealous that the Euro STs come with a leather handbrake handle.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Jealous that the Euro STs come with a leather handbrake handle.[/QUOTE said:
The Euro FiST handbrake covers can be had on the UK Ebay site. Got mine about a year ago and paid about $ 55.00 including shipping. Used the leather cover portion and threw away the mechanism.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
My previous Ford's handbrake had rubber partition that was supposed to fill that gap, but did so ineffectively. My solution was to pull up the center console and attach black felt to the underside. I took a long rectangular section and ran a slit down the middle. Then created significant overlap between the two halves using a couple of tiny safety pins. It was attached to the underside using cyanoacrylate adhesive. Felt can collect dust and if you eat in the car at all, (I don't), food particles. Any arts/crafts and textiles store will have felt fabric for purchase. You can layer the felt to achieve the desired thickness and rigidity.