Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

17x9 et 18??

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Looking to run this size. I know I will need flares. Just curious if anyone else is running a set of mustang replica wheels, and if they had issues with them hitting any suspension components/ bodywork.

Thanks...

Using one of those online offset calculators, when compared to the stock wheels, you should have 4mm more inner clearance (and extends 54mm from the outer edge)

Be wary - I used the online tire size comparison too and it was off about an inch. Wheels were supposed to have minimal poke, but were aggressive as a mf.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I bought a pair of cobra 17x9 wheels that I wanted to run. Wasn't gonna happen! I probably would've mangled the front fenders on the first dip I hit.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
From what I’ve gsthered, flares are definitely needed.

I'm running 17x9 et20s with 245/35r17s but I also have m2 flares and chopped fenders. Without cutting the fenders they will definitely hit. 2018-09-21 05.30.04.jpg
Fenders are cut here but flares aren't on and you can see the poke.

This is the closest I have to a side view without the flares on.
Fenders are cut on this? It looks really clean.

How do you like running such wide tires? I want to basically do the same as you with either 245/35 or 235/40, but on 17x8 rims, probably the Hypergram or Titan.

Fenders are cut on this? It looks really clean.

How do you like running such wide tires? I want to basically do the same as you with either 245/35 or 235/40, but on 17x8 rims, probably the Hypergram or Titan.
Yeah, the fenders are cut. I let a trained hand use the body saw, but I did everything else less the painting. Going up to 245s definitely feels a lot more planted, but I did coilovers at the same time so that may be part of it. The biggest benefit I've seen is actually having traction in second gear. Just rotated the tires for the first time after 6k miles and tires look nearly new. My last set of 215s were on the wear bars in the front on the first rotation. A little lowered with flares makes the FiST look like a bulldog haha.

I'm running 17x9 et20s with 245/35r17s but I also have m2 flares and chopped fenders. Without cutting the fenders they will definitely hit. View attachment 18466
Fenders are cut here but flares aren't on and you can see the poke.
Ohhhh I like it! I'm thinking of running the same wheel/fender flare setup. I would love to see pics once the flares are on.

Ohhhh I like it! I'm thinking of running the same wheel/fender flare setup. I would love to see pics once the flares are on.
I've had them on since April, but this is just now making me realize I took pictures throughout the process, but don't really have any of the finished product. Maybe I try to get one when the suns up today.

I've had them on since April, but this is just now making me realize I took pictures throughout the process, but don't really have any of the finished product. Maybe I try to get one when the suns up today.
That would be great if you could post up some pictures

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Im trying to get my old Borbet Type A's back from my friend. Those were 17x8.5 and maybe 13ET... If i do get em back, im getting fender flares!

I even have the centers sitting in a drawer at home!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I love the gloss black cobra replica wheels but looked it up and without all the cutting and flares they ain't gonna fit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk