Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified's "Stages"

Trader history for kconklin33 (0)

Hello all,

I've been running a flash tune from stratified since I bought the car and AP through Stratified, it's an absolute blast. The tune I have currently is with no modifications to my car at all. All of my data logs are looking good and I'm reaching 26.5psi regularly. However, I'm at the point now where I want more. I'm willing to go full bolt-ons given it yields more than just minimal gains. I'm aware that going from stage 1 to stage 3 ots maps yield little improvement, as stated by many forum members, I'm curious to know if Stratified, or anyone else has input on the difference from stock to full bolt on STune. I'm not sold on the fact theres a lot of room to be gained given I'm at the turbo's limits. I'm even willing to bet the Stune stock flash is more efficient than cobb's stage 3. Hopefully I'm wrong. Also, ethanol blends are out of the question given where I live.

OP
K
Thread Starter #2
I have another questions as well regarding my STune that I forgot to mention. Why is it that I can't save a map? I've changed launch control and the stratified traction control on a regular basis, save it, and only to have the map sent back to default after I shut the car down.

codestp202

I have another questions as well regarding my STune that I forgot to mention. Why is it that I can't save a map? I've changed launch control and the stratified traction control on a regular basis, save it, and only to have the map sent back to default after I shut the car down.
Those settings are hard coded into your tune. You're free to change it when you plug in the AP, but it doesn't overwrite the setting on the map. If you want it changed permanently, that is something they have to do on their end.

Upgrade intercooler and forget anything else till you go big turbo.
This. I can't confirm, but I suspect there isn't much difference in the tunes depending on bolt-ons. However, an intercooler upgrade will allow you to keep the air temps cooler longer without knocking or pulling timing. This can be helpful if you are doing longer canyon runs or AutoX or something, but if you are just doing a pull here or there on the street, you probably won't notice much of a difference.

OP
K
Thread Starter #6
That was my thought exactly, hence my hesitation. I agree that it will run much more efficiently over a period of time when ripping on it, thus perform better/able to hold boost, but not necessarily increase hp/tq. It's definitely first on my list but being already in the 40s here in PA my charge temps don't go over 55-60 degrees. So realistically how my car performs now is similar to how it'd perform in the summer with and intercooler upgrade, again reiterating not a lot of hp/tq to be gained.

The next time would certainly be a turbo upgrade which I'm debating for the future probably between the x47 and mrx

Quisp

1000 Post Club
This. I can't confirm, but I suspect there isn't much difference in the tunes depending on bolt-ons. However, an intercooler upgrade will allow you to keep the air temps cooler longer without knocking or pulling timing. This can be helpful if you are doing longer canyon runs or AutoX or something, but if you are just doing a pull here or there on the street, you probably won't notice much of a difference.
Look back a few pages in the engine upgrades section , tons of great info.

OP
K
Thread Starter #8
I've read quite extensively and haven't found any general consensus other than that other than an intercooler it's pretty much a waste of money because everyones results vary soo much dependent upon, dyno, humidity, altitude etc..

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I've read quite extensively and haven't found any general consensus other than that other than an intercooler it's pretty much a waste of money because everyones results vary soo much dependent upon, dyno, humidity, altitude etc..
Prezactly

OP
K
Thread Starter #10
Haha fair enough. I guess I'll have to start saving my pennies for a bigger turbo. Kind of bittersweet that our cars are built so well. Don't have to spend money on aftermarket stuff since its optimum from factory but then theres not a lot of room for upgrades.

On the tuning side we do request higher output when fuel is better, intercooler is swapped, and downpipe is swapped.

However one of the big limitations as you all know is the turbocharger. The returns diminish especially in terms of top end power as the turbo struggles to flow up top.

Heat and pumping loss reduction is never a bad thing especially for multiple/repeated runs.

OP
K
Thread Starter #12
On the tuning side we do request higher output when fuel is better, intercooler is swapped, and downpipe is swapped.

However one of the big limitations as you all know is the turbocharger. The returns diminish especially in terms of top end power as the turbo struggles to flow up top.

Heat and pumping loss reduction is never a bad thing especially for multiple/repeated runs.

Thanks for the reply Alex. So with an upgraded intercooler, downpipe, and probably a cpe intake would you predict any gains in hp/tq from what the tune 93 tune I currently have with you guys? Other than the stated ability to have consistent repeatable numbers during pulls?

Thanks for the reply Alex. So with an upgraded intercooler, downpipe, and probably a cpe intake would you predict any gains in hp/tq from what the tune 93 tune I currently have with you guys? Other than the stated ability to have consistent repeatable numbers during pulls?
Hi and yes there will be some gains in both torque and hp. My estimate is that they will be in the range of 5-15whp and similar torque.