Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone tried these headlights?

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Where I live it gets damn hot in the summer. These vents look to maybe be a way to vent hot parked car air with a little bit more security. I know there plastic and can be broken but it looks like more air flow than just cracking the windows.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

They are sealed with permaseal,barely fit in an oven, and are just miserable to work with. But it can be done. Took me several hours to open both.
But the OEM Ford headlights are not TYC and are not made in Taiwan
They are actually made in the Czech Republic

My mistake on TYC, I meant Taiwan....dealt with tons of TYC when I was running fulfillment and manufacturing @ AM [pcpunch]
TYC is a Ford supplier and might even be the manufacturers of the OEM headlights, they are probably identical, as are most TYC OEM replacements and OEM supplied parts. They are a Taiwanese company not a Chinese copy as you suggest.
Now that I have opened up the TYC versions I can say they are different in manufacturing than the oem fords. I don't have an oem projector to compare lux and quality so I can't comment on that.

The TYC are a silicone, not butyl, nothing permaseal, they took 5 minutes to open using a heat gun and simple tools, very retrofit friendly!!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Now that I have opened up the TYC versions I can say they are different in manufacturing than the oem fords. I don't have an oem projector to compare lux and quality so I can't comment on that.

The TYC are a silicone, not butyl, nothing permaseal, they took 5 minutes to open using a heat gun and simple tools, very retrofit friendly!!

I have 3 sets of damaged OEM headlights from UPS claims they have not paid
make offers LOL

Stocking LHD OEM Euro headlights in the USA - not a good business model

Nice! Looks like they switched up adhesives, thank god.
I bought these 1 year ago (they have been sitting every since lol). I think it is probably the same but you tried to do it in the oven which is not the correct way for anything other than butyl. When you use a heat gun you can "pop" out the lens 6" or so at a time and the silicone will not re-adhere, but you have to do it quickly to break the seal. If you do it in an oven you probably can still only do a portion at a time compared to butyl which will liquefy and peel apart more easily.

V_2

Actually, I got mixed up after reading your post again...Mine are DEPO brand, haha.

I was using a combination of oven and heat gun. Oven to get it good and warm all over and heat gun on the section I was currently tooling at to peel away the adhesive. It sucked. Super easy to get them open now, though, with butyl sealing them up. [thumb]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have 3 sets of damaged OEM headlights from UPS claims they have not paid
make offers LOL

Stocking LHD OEM Euro headlights in the USA - not a good business model
Interested....contact with prices and what's wrong with them?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
3 sets of the Euros? How damaged? Might be interested...
Interested....contact with prices and what's wrong with them?

Thatā€™s what I would like to know lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will have them for sale in my used parts section soon enough
Can't give them away sadly. Some have broken tabs, some have a projector that wobbles around
UPS loves to "work" that freight"

I bought TYC lights off Ebay and my pass light wont adjust vertically. That white piston at the bottom will not move at all when I am turning the 7mm hex behind it. The plastic that surrounds the piston - I assume the motor - is binding and wont allow manual adjustment.

Wish I had a way to fix this on my own rather than waiting for a new one from Europe. But Ive delt with silicone before on some tailights for my Subaru and I do not ever want to deal with the black goo of death again.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I'll give them marks for not raising the light level, however it appears that there's way more light, extending approximately 20% farther to the left. That will likely have a negative impact for on-coming driver visibility.
https://youtu.be/nSEYnf-CTN4?t=110

Also, it's hard to tell, but this same vehicle appears to have a projector style lens?
https://youtu.be/nSEYnf-CTN4?t=64

It might be possible to compensate, only if the headlight can be adjusted in by 10 to 30%.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'll put money on it does have projectors in it...my GF has projectors in her cx3 that came with halogens...I put HIDs in it had perfect cutoff.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
This is a dumb question: the ebay listing specifies a 2012 headlight, but these will work on the 14-19?
No, you'll notice the pre- '13 regular Fiesta looks much more pinched looking on front inside closest to the grill while on the '13+ Fiesta, including '14-'19 ST, they are that more trapezoidal looking front inside corner, so you need to look for '13+ fiesta headlights, any, other than the brand new model we don't get here in the US will work...

So, bumping this thread up as well because I just bought the Depo Euro's and want to kind of revive this practice of using the Euro projectors and let people know where they can get them cheap these days... So yes, they are definitely on eBay but why not buy from the same company in Latvia for less right off their website? I paid $282 plus $72 shipping for both from this site HERE. They originally charged $55 for shipping and after claiming a 5-7 processing time, I had to email them for an update at 10 days and that's when they came back and said they needed $17 more for shipping as EMS, the shipping company required it due to the lights value.

In any case, they still came out cheaper than eBay anyway, so now they are finally on the way. I also didn't know that doing a projector upgrade on them would improve output significantly, but a couple of the guys who have posted here have been helpful and even at the same 35w, literally 400% better output just by changing out the projector! I don't call upgrading a projector in an existing projector a "retrofit" but yeah, you have to split them and all that and I will do that later down the road. For now, I ordered a cheap HID kit that at least is excellent for the price, the DDM Tuning Plus/Premium. I am not a shill but I do kind of have a sponsor, it's from a cool guy who runs BulbFacts.com and he has done some great testing of HID, LED and halogen is both projector and reflector housings. It started by discovering his site when trying to research if LED's could be used safely in reflectors now and the answer is yes, pretty much, just have to be very particular and now I have a stickied thread on LED's in in reflectors on here. But I wanted better! I wanted the projectors and the LED DRL was a bonus too, so after researching alternatives and finally finding these, the owner of BulbFacts.com helped out with a nice portion of the cost and I'm happy to have them on the way!

Anyway BulbFacts.com is worth checking out, he is completely independent and runs the site as mostly a hobby and only makes money from buying through his affiliate links, he does not take money from manufacturers at all, he buys the sets just like we would so they aren't cherry-picked marketing test units either. It's a great place to find actual testing results of both cheap Amazon/eBay sets as well as Premium ones. Seriously, I wouldn't even bring this up if it wasn't a truly helpful site, he is the only one that actually tests all these bulbs out there in one place with some very interesting results!