Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Morimoto M Led

Does any know if the morimoto M Led will fit in our headlight housings? If these would fit I'd rather go with these than the mini h'1s or similar.

They should fit but you would always need to measure yourself first!

They will outperform the mini h1 7.0 unless all you are looking for is width. I don't like the tall hotspot very much but for an LED projector will be pretty much the best available at the moment. I will be testing some soon against a number of HID and OEM+ LED to see how they perform.

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
Cool, I've seen some comparison videos on YouTube and I was really impressed with them. I'm hoping to retro these in and use these bi-leds and fill in the factory high beam area with the mod pod lights maybe.

Cool, I've seen some comparison videos on YouTube and I was really impressed with them. I'm hoping to retro these in and use these bi-leds and fill in the factory high beam area with the mod pod lights maybe.
Leave the high beams as is. The modpods are bright for a directional or diffused turn signal but that's about it. You have to remember that high beams are used for 2 things, night driving where more light/or more light fill is required, or for flashing to get attention from another driver or road user. Bi-LED or bi-xenon lights do not add additional light down the road as they only unblock the light that exists above the cutoff. On some projectors they already use most of the available light for low-beam use so when the shield is dropped there is not a lot of light left for fill. Keeping your normal high beams means that you not only open up the shield to add light above the cutoff (does no increase distance light) but also add the additional full fill light from the high beam.
When talking about flashing others it isn't very noticeable when using just bi-xenon/led because it just looks like you might have hit a bump and aimed higher momentarily. When using the normal high beams as well you can see that another lamp lit up as well as doubling the light.

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
Good info, that makes sense. I want the whole housing to get blacked out, I want to get rid of that chrome in the high beam reflector. Maybe I'll have to add some type of projectors in there aimed for high beam use.

Good info, that makes sense. I want the whole housing to get blacked out, I want to get rid of that chrome in the high beam reflector. Maybe I'll have to add some type of projectors in there aimed for high beam use.
I would leave the chrome, and only black out some portions, the headlights are like a cars "eyes" when you black them out it loses it "face". Be selective ;)

Anyways, just tested out the M-Led and then are pretty good, hotspot intensity is actually on par with using high end oem HID bulbs at 50W!!! They are kind of fat and about mini d2s sized so they might be tough to retro but if you do it'll be worth it.

We also flipped the chip and tested it to manipulate the shape and intensity of the hotspot and found it does reduce some foreground and puts a little more lux along the cutoff, right where you want it so look into that as well.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Anyone tried retro'ing these yet? I've got a second set of lights on order and would like to use these. Do you generally have to hack up the whole reflector bowl or just open up the H11 mounting hole?

KKaWing

Anyone tried retro'ing these yet? I've got a second set of lights on order and would like to use these. Do you generally have to hack up the whole reflector bowl or just open up the H11 mounting hole?
you need to open it up, it needs the h11 socket to hold the assembly.

you need to open it up, it needs the h11 socket to hold the assembly.
But do you need to cut area out of the actual bowl for it to seat correctly? I've read the projector is bulkier than say one of the HID Mini projectors. Haven't retrofitted before, so i don't really have a good idea of what's a "Big" projector housing.

KKaWing

No these are designed to have a large screw area that slots into the socket from the front, then have a large nut that basically sandwiches the reflector socket between the projector and the nut.