Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 ST colors

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
This is the exact same thing I was told by the same dealer. I even mentioned at two weeks ago in the order thread only to be derided and put down by a Canadian member who thought he knew better and used the motor1 sight or some such other sight for his reference and that supposed product brochure.
I went to Fords site and tried to do a build your own and wound up up with a dead end incomplete build and a link to 2017 pricing for a base 2017.
I probably would have bought from the numbe 1 store as well but they could not get me the Recaro package with the color I wanted. I am very close to an out of state purchase because of of that.

Dave ( i know same name)

Omg the butt hurt around here......

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Not all it seems Alkoran is the butt hurt one. I made a point and you seem to have misfounded and misguided judgement. Perhaps you should stop and think before posting. Lol

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Omg, here we go again...
Lol at the fact that it is "supposed" product brochure. I guess a complete page on the Ford website is fake as well? https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/products/cars/fiesta/2018-fiesta.html
Fake News everywhere!
Do you enjoy putting words in people's mouths? Once again you say somethng I did not. You seem to take the fool some elected at his own words by uttering that phrase . Oh wait you meant to be sarcastic. There was a reason I politely bowed out of our last conversation. It was because you are the butt hurt one here who is hell bent on shoving your possibly not true conclusion down everyone's throats you and the other guy who called me butt hurt are doing a good job of making this forum not worth visiting.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Omg, here we go again...
Lol at the fact that it is "supposed" product brochure. I guess a complete page on the Ford website is fake as well? https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/products/cars/fiesta/2018-fiesta.html
Fake News everywhere!
If they put out that much info for a 2018 model and finally it won't be available, Ford would be a complete joke.

The reason you were not able to build your own on the ford website is because they are updating the site. If you try to get to the building app directly with the "Shop/Build your own" menu on the home page or the Fiesta ST page, you will be sent to a dead link indeed, stating "This website will be or is currently being refreshed. Therefore, some content may not be available. Thank you for your patience during this maintenance period.".
But if you go to the normal Fiesta page and then click on the "Build and price" link, you will be sent to a builder that works and you will be able to choose the ST model. I tried it and it worked like a charm. And I was obviously on the US Ford website, using 12919 as a zip code.

Well I followed the link that was provided above and yes it comes up with a 2018 Fiesta.
Although it makes no sense to me but maybe the '18 Fiesta will be available in Canada and other markets but not the US.

When I follow the links you can only build a 2017 model.
Maybe Ford IS updating their site.
I am not saying who is wright or wrong.
Just stating what I have found.

Dave

The link I provided for the product page and the brochure are from the US Ford division. You can see it in the upper right corner. On the Canadian Ford media site, we never had access to any product brochure. And might I add, this brochure is surely not meant for Canadian market either because we don't have as many color choice as US market and we don't have either the recaro or cold weather package as they are standard for our FiST.

Caranddriver stated "But in the States, the 2018 Fiesta is a carryover of the current, sixth-gen car. " in their last review of the fiesta a week ago. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-ford-fiesta-hatchback-automatic-test-review

Do you enjoy putting words in people's mouths? Once again you say somethng I did not. You seem to take the fool some elected at his own words by uttering that phrase . Oh wait you meant to be sarcastic. There was a reason I politely bowed out of our last conversation. It was because you are the butt hurt one here who is hell bent on shoving your possibly not true conclusion down everyone's throats you and the other guy who called me butt hurt are doing a good job of making this forum not worth visiting.
You ended your last post on the other thread calling me self-entitled, rude modern millenial. Is that your notion of politely bowing out? You did not bowed out, you had not chance to add something furthermore after that post simply because I did not reply seeing that name calling point was passed and it could just go downward from there. Besides, you edited your post to make it seems like you were the civilized one, but that just make you hypocritical.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
"But in the States, the 2018 Fiesta is a carryover of the current, sixth-gen car. "
Since the '18 is the same as the '17 in the US, this may be the reason.
Or maybe there will be no '18 Fiesta in the US.
Who can tell?

Pardon my stupidity and ineptness; could you please send me a direct link to the 2018 Fiesta "Price/Build" page.

Dave

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
All I am saying is that production run for most cars (including the '14-'17 Fiestas) has always been last week of June, early July through May or June of the next year. Why would Ford wait this long to 1. Post any new info on their website for a CONTINUING model with no real changes except color and 2. Still cannot even order a 2018 Fiesta, even though we are now 3 months into the typical model year run? As it stands right now, NO Fiestas will hit dealers until around the first of January *IF* they released order info to dealers. Usually these kinds of delays pertain to BIG model changes or factory retooling.

Dealers typically get ordering packets up to 2 months before a car can even be ordered (they also order for stock). According to my dealer, Ford has not even sent order packets for the Fiestas yet. lol.

If they don't get ordering packets by at least January, that means cars won't start hitting dealership floors until March. Having a 6 month model run is a great way to kill sales and/or enthusiasm, unless they call the car a 2018.5 [hihi]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I think as I predicted long ago we will eventually get the current version updated. I suspect mass production of the ST 1.6 engine was stopped long ago, so I think US ST's will be limited by the number of engines available or that can be provided in a hurry. This is just a way to use the existing parts inventory up, Ford has no real interest in continuing the Fiesta or Focus line other than as a niche filler here. I think the US public will not support Chinese nor Indian made cars and suspect they will not be price competitive after the looming tarifs. So until the next gas crisis American will continue their love affair with Trucks/SUV's. Too bad! Drivers need not apply to domestic dealers in a few years......16 speed autotrans and 400HP quad turbo 1.8L V6's will rule the world. The most important spec to US drivers will be the movie selections to watch while the truck drives you.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I think as I predicted long ago we will eventually get the current version updated. I suspect mass production of the ST 1.6 engine was stopped long ago, so I think US ST's will be limited by the number of engines available or that can be provided in a hurry. This is just a way to use the existing parts inventory up, Ford has no real interest in continuing the Fiesta or Focus line other than as a niche filler here. I think the US public will not support Chinese nor Indian made cars and suspect they will not be price competitive after the looming tarifs. So until the next gas crisis American will continue their love affair with Trucks/SUV's. Too bad! Drivers need not apply to domestic dealers in a few years......16 speed autotrans and 400HP quad turbo 1.8L V6's will rule the world. The most important spec to US drivers will be the movie selections to watch while the truck drives you.
Yes it is too bad because the Fiesta ST in it's current configuration is probably one of the top 5 "drivers car" ever produced. Yeah, it's that good...

It's also the reason I still have mine. I've never owned a car past 4 years. This will be the first time. [:D]

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I think the US public will not support Chinese nor Indian made cars and suspect they will not be price competitive after the looming tarifs.
The Fiesta model for the US is made in Mexico. That said, the new NAFTA push going on may still have a similar affect...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #33
It seems no matter what happens in 2018 it's definitely a case of get 'em while you can. When I first started thinking about buying one of these, I noticed an article online where an auto journalist said that years from now we'll all be wishing we would have bought one of these when we had the chance. I've also heard that this is the most purchased car by auto journalists that have driven it. It seems like that says it all.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
It seems no matter what happens in 2018 it's definitely a case of get 'em while you can. When I first started thinking about buying one of these, I noticed an article online where an auto journalist said that years from now we'll all be wishing we would have bought one of these when we had the chance. I've also heard that this is the most purchased car by auto journalists that have driven it. It seems like that says it all.
THIS!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk