Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Paint issues on 2017 Fiesta ST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What's funny is I'm only 28. I just refuse to be part of my generation I hate social media, I hate pop music and all this reality star crap that I'm supposed to worship who gives a fuck. Ozzy Osbourne will always be my favorite. I can fix a car, grow a garden, I can change out the dishwasher and I have never owned a damn Facebook page.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
[cheers] mate!

They're not interlocked as tightly as you might assume. The rise of the cross-over is an example. These vehicles are on a car frame, as opposed to the SUV being on small truck frames. Yet the cross-overs enjoy all the same features and more. Then there are the Dodge Ram trucks that jokingly referred to as "shipping crates" for their simplicity and issues. Larger vehicles have all the same issues as the smaller vehicles.

"Upsell" is called paying $800 for a $30 feature, such as GPS Voice Navigation. In other words, you're typically adding to the product, rather than changing it out entirely. When you go to McDonalds, they offer you desert with your meal. They're not trained to try and convince you that you don't want that cheese burger, buy a "Big" Mac instead. Once you tell them what you want, they're trained to get you to add to it; as people don't mind being offered additional whatever. It does however annoy folks, when the sales person pressures you into buying something that is different from what you were originally seeking.

Third, with the reasoning that all paints have been compromised, we should be seeing luxury cars with paint issues as well. I don't expect luxury car level of paint quality, but do expect better than what I've been seeing. If the MSRP was 13k then yeah...
I am not condoning Ford thinking it is acceptable for the paint to fall off a brand new car, but at the same time you expect too much of a souped up econobox.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
...that attitude will only hasten the march away from Ford.

Sonic...
Forward Collision Alert
Rear Park Assist
Keyless Open
Keyless Start
6-way power driver and front passenger seats
Heated driver and front passenger seats
Remote Start
Enhanced Driver Information Center
Leather-wrapped 3-spoke steering wheel
Convenience Package
Heated steering wheel
Lane Departure Warning
The unfortunate thing for both Sonic and Spark... they appear to have eliminated the hatch for 2019. Now it's just the Sedan...

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Posting for future reference to anyone who doesn't want to fuck around with Ford warranty and do an easy, quicker, and permanent fix.

My solution. Bought from pre-cut PPF from Ford. Its the pre-cut piece that gets applied onto the lower rear bumper right behind the rear wheel from factory. I then just measured and cut pieces off to my liking and applied them to the edge of the hatch where the trim 'touches' it and chips off paint.

Prior to all this I got Ford touch-up and out 5 coats of base coat and used 3 coats of clear/pearl. Came out pretty nice I think. Obviously if you look hard enough you'll be able to see if but any normal civilian will never notice it.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
anyone had the paint under the antenna go bad and leak water into the car?

I had mold growing on my rear interior light, and checked under the antenna to find that all the paint was missing underneath it and that water was leaking into the car under the antenna causing the mold buildup on the light.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

I had mold growing on my rear interior light, and checked under the antenna to find that all the paint was missing underneath it and that water was leaking into the car under the antenna causing the mold buildup on the light.
One guy had it around his antenna...not sure if It leaked in though....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
One guy had it around his antenna...not sure if It leaked in though....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I'm fortunate enough that she lives in the garage. I do wash it often haven't noticed any leaks.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I had water coming in via the antenna. I did not see mold or puddling but was getting a lot of condensation on all the windows during heavy rain.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/18540-Roof-issue