Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I am not an expert in this subject but I would like to ask the most experienced guys, talking about performance which would give better results in terms of lap times, handling, traction etc between both (225 / 45R16 or 205 / 50R16 and now 215 / 45R16) Thank you all for your opinions
So here we go. There is a lot to consider when it comes to picking the best tire. The first number in the list is the width of the tire. So the bigger size would be the best when it comes to both straight-line grip, and grip in the corners. When it comes to side walls (profile), smaller is typically better. "Low sidewalls also increase the rigidity of a tire, which is especially important when cornering at high speeds, especially on smooth surfaces.
Low profile tires provide better grip, and thus better control and predictability. Side swaying is significantly less noticeable."
Given the three options you provided, the 225/45/R16 tire would be best for strictly performance (still don't think it will fit on the car though). That being said, tires with a bigger profile will be far more comfortable and will have a less rough ride. You previously mentioned your roads were very poor and uncomfortable, so you might want to take that into consideration. It also depends on the tire altogether. A thicker set of all seasons simply won't be as good as a max performance tire, even if it is a bit smaller. Picking the best tire really depends on what you want out of the car. If you don't see yourself tracking the car at all, don't worry so much on the best performing tire. If you're interested, I have a file on what the other forum members believe are the best tires for the car with all their pro's and con's (OEM's are actually pretty decent). Hope this helped!

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/low-profile-tyres-pros-cons-abolghassemi-finixx-tyre-sales-

Last edited:

CSM

1000 Post Club
I think I've seen guys here using this tire (225/45 16), it won't work well then?
Like I mentioned, I have the exact same setup, 225/45/16 Dunlop ZIIIs with these wheels, and I have a very conservative drop on my Bilstein coilovers, and they rub like crazy. I'm going to need to dial in more camber and raise the coilovers when I finally have time.
You will 100% rub on your proposed setup.

hi guys thank you very much for your explanation and learned something new today, definitely the initial configuration of 225/45 is already ruled out for me I do not want to rub or have to make arrangements in my car, my car is for daily use in the city and the purposes of week for aggressive driving on the road and possibly 1 time every 2 months to the track (the closest one is 600kms) said that the most optional I have are (215/45 or 205/50) I have a very limited choice of brands brands in my city and there are not many experts to advise me well so based on what you tell me I will make the decision, which I will name here (nitto neo gen, federal 595rs-r, federal 595 evo, yokohama advan neova ad08 r) I only have those options here in my city and even 225/45 does not exist in my country ....... I thank everyone for the guidance

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Happy to help! Might I ask where you live to help the search? Opinions on Federals are very mixed, very love or hate so I would be careful. The rest of the tires I'm simply not sure. You might wanna make a post in the tire thread to attract more viewers (this dekagram thread isn't gonna get too many views). The one wider tire (at least on 17"s) that I see recommended most are the Falken Azenis RT615's, which are 215/45/R16. The sidewall is a bit thicker for rougher roads. and you have a wider tire itself that should fit with minimal adjustments to the car. The only negative thing I have heard about these tires is that initial turn-in feel isn't as good, but that might be a necessary sacrifice. That is, even if you get it them where you live. If you haven't yet, look at tire rack for a good selection. Good luck!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Like I mentioned, I have the exact same setup, 225/45/16 Dunlop ZIIIs with these wheels, and I have a very conservative drop on my Bilstein coilovers, and they rub like crazy. I'm going to need to dial in more camber and raise the coilovers when I finally have time.
You will 100% rub on your proposed setup.
Have you ever had this setup on the full FACTORY ride height/hardware suspension at all??

IF so, did it rub badly even on that setup?

CSM

1000 Post Club
Have you ever had this setup on the full FACTORY ride height/hardware suspension at all??

IF so, did it rub badly even on that setup?
No but there have been a few people running 16x7 on 225/45/16 ZIIs on OEM suspension with zero rub. I met a FiST owner here at a local autocross here running that setup with no issues.

I currently run sparco 16x7 wheels with 205-45-16 indy 500s.(disappointed with the grip and stance of the car) I really am wanting the widest setup i can go with no rub, Gonna be following this thread carefully.

I have searched the thread but haven't found anyone who has these wheels with Mountune springs. I plan on getting them with 205/45/16 Sport Comp 2's but worried about rub.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I have searched the thread but haven't found anyone who has these wheels with Mountune springs. I plan on getting them with 205/45/16 Sport Comp 2's but worried about rub.
By the sounds of it they should fit fine. Those size tires give more then enough space. Are you worried about how the rim extends out a bit?

By the sounds of it they should fit fine. Those size tires give more then enough space. Are you worried about how the rim extends out a bit?
Not really. I have read in this thread that the Sport Comp 2's are a little wider than the advertised width of 7.5, so they will be OK on an 8" wheel. That is the only tire I can find that has a higher tread wear and will fit an 8" wheel without being too stretched. I wish I could get better tires, but this is my DD.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Not really. I have read in this thread that the Sport Comp 2's are a little wider than the advertised width of 7.5, so they will be OK on an 8" wheel. That is the only tire I can find that has a higher tread wear and will fit an 8" wheel without being too stretched. I wish I could get better tires, but this is my DD.
I didn't know that about those tires. In that case. I'm not sure.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
They will fit fine. Check out the "Meaty Tires Thread" on this forum. Over 100 pages of this sort of info.

Izzy

Ok I've been itching for new wheels but before I blow my setup up I have one question. I currently run 16x7 ET40 Rota Grids with Garageline 15mm spacers all around. This means my wheels are effectively ET25 correct? If so, I may be able to run a 15x8 ET25/26 or 30 with no spacers correct? This is giving me a headache!! :unsure:

Hi guys, I finally have my tires and wheels installed (nitto neo gen 205/50 16) and I'm thinking of getting off (eibach pro) someone has this same configuration that I would like to see, I don't want to rub at all .. thanks friends
thumbnail_IMG_4217.jpg