Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^My 205/50-16 Neo Gens on Dekagrams absolutely did rub on the front Rally Armor mounting nuts, on braking and turning, even at factory ride height, on stock suspension.

But, the Nittos are a bit wider (in tread and section width) in that size than the Indys, and my factory suspension could be sagging a bit by now.

In any case, when I removed the mud flaps, all of the rubbing went away. [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just ordered 205/45 EC Sports….with the flaps its just that mounting hardware so worst case I’ll figure out a way to rivet the RA’s in, can’t be that difficult (right?? lol)
You should be just fine with that size tire, at any ride height, given that they are even shorter yet than our OEM 205/40-17 size.

It is only with some of the wider/taller than usual 205/50-16s, and a slammed car on 215/40-17s that the Rally Armor mounting hardware can become a problem.

I want to install the Rally Armor MOTORSPORT version flaps on my car, and they are substantially larger than the regular street flaps, and have no mounting hardware to fit them, so I will have no choice at all but to find a way to rivet them into the fender liners/side skirts. [:(]

^^^My 205/50-16 Neo Gens on Dekagrams absolutely did rub on the front Rally Armor mounting nuts, on braking and turning, even at factory ride height, on stock suspension.

But, the Nittos are a bit wider (in tread and section width) in that size than the Indys, and my factory suspension could be sagging a bit by now.

In any case, when I removed the mud flaps, all of the rubbing went away. [wink]
Based on that the 205/50 Indy 500's would also rub the flaps - same width and about 1/10" larger diameter (if tiresize.com is to be trusted).

I'm tempted to cancel the ECS's. Somehow I missed that they're even smaller than OEM, I can't lower it on my roads and wheel gap will drive me nuts. Fml I hate tire shopping.

Took a little drive today while maintaining that 6ft social distancing [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Cheetah is this pic 225/45 ZIII's and stock suspension? Trying to piece it together from your comments here.... any rubbing with the mudflaps?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I would expect those to rub on the Rally Armor (or Rock Block) hardware (even at factory ride height, let alone lowered at all), given that they are about the same height as the 205/50-16s and almost a full inch wider in tread width.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Based on that the 205/50 Indy 500's would also rub the flaps - same width and about 1/10" larger diameter (if tiresize.com is to be trusted).

I'm tempted to cancel the ECS's. Somehow I missed that they're even smaller than OEM, I can't lower it on my roads and wheel gap will drive me nuts. Fml I hate tire shopping.
Those ECSes are only 0.2" shorter than the factory 205/40-17s, so they should not look too bad, even at factory ride height.

I was even considering the 205/45-16 DWS-06es for my next tire, IF I decide to hold onto my Dekagrams in the future, so that I could re-install some mud flaps.

IF the aesthetics bothered me that much, I would just put some Swift springs on Bilstein B6es <-(which some claim raise the static height all by themselves!) and then use strut mount spacers/rear spring poly seat bushings to bring the height back up by ~0.5". [wink]

Yeah I've asked to cancel the ECS's...they wrote back that they're not in stock anyway so wasn't too promising. Here's where I'm at:

ECS 205/45 - should work but quite a bit smaller than the 205/50's in height and width on paper...gonna try to get a bit more width if I can. can't find in stock anyway.
ZIII 225/45 - too aggressive for my use, and too wide for mud flaps anyway. Better suited to a dedicated set of track tires
NeoGen 205/50 - Will rub the flaps but haven't ruled them out...just not prioritizing since they're lower treadwear and might as well try 300+ tires first and upgrade later if needed

So that means I'm thinking Indy 500's or SC2's in 205/50, whichever I can find in stock. Both are 8.4" wide (same as OEM) and 24.1" diameter (.7" larger than OEM). They might still rub the hardware but with a shop full of tools I'm sure I can make that work.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So that means I'm thinking Indy 500's or SC2's in 205/50, whichever I can find in stock. Both are 8.4" wide (same as OEM) and 24.1" diameter (.7" larger than OEM). They might still rub the hardware but with a shop full of tools I'm sure I can make that work.
The SC2s are the other tire I would consider (in either the 205/45 or 205/50) to replace the Neo Gens if I keep my Dekagrams.
(I NEED an all season on these wheels, and not even a 300+ tread wear summer will work for me, since I only put the snow wheel setup on if there is going to be A LOT of steady snow/ice, or I am going to work on a rally, and all of my other tires are 200 tread wear deals.)

I was considering just using very low profile lock nuts on the two front Rally Armor threaded stud mounts, and just grinding down the excess threads, hoping that would be enough for them to not grind into the 24.0"+ tall 205s, but I never got the chance.

(I moved to a place where you cannot even look at your car in the designated parking spot, let alone do any type of mechanical/maintenance work on it. [:(] [mad])

Alright its finalized, found a local guy and he talked me into Falken Azenis 615k+ in 215/45. On paper the dimensions look good and apparently they're only sending 48 of these tires to Canada this spring so had to move on it.

Now I'm gonna stop paying attention to this thread and just stick with what I got...lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Alright its finalized, found a local guy and he talked me into Falken Azenis 615k+ in 215/45. On paper the dimensions look good and apparently they're only sending 48 of these tires to Canada this spring so had to move on it.

Now I'm gonna stop paying attention to this thread and just stick with what I got...lol
PERFECT summer street tire, but I would not want them on the car when the temps dropped much below ~45*F. [nono]

I'm looking to get a pair of dekagrams soon for my new daily wheel. Stock suspension and I live in PA so the roads are not the best here. I'm stuck between 3 options at the moment since I can't get a clear answer on what would be best. These will be my all year wheel/tires besides the winter months, so I think I will probably go with an all season tire. Looking for better ride quality over the stock 17's but I don't want to rub or look like a 4x4.

205/45/16 - Should not rub, can look small on the car?

205/50/16 - Might rub?

215/45/16 - Not a lot of options for tires.

I'm open to any and all suggestions, thanks in advance.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm looking to get a pair of dekagrams soon for my new daily wheel. Stock suspension and I live in PA so the roads are not the best here. I'm stuck between 3 options at the moment since I can't get a clear answer on what would be best. These will be my all year wheel/tires besides the winter months, so I think I will probably go with an all season tire. Looking for better ride quality over the stock 17's but I don't want to rub or look like a 4x4.

205/50/16 - Might rub?

I have 205/45/16s. Stock springs with bilstein shocks. I really like that size but I see how they could look a little small.
IMG_0108.jpeg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

205/50/16 - Might rub?

If you are not lowered at all, and do not run mud flaps with hardware that protrudes into the front wheel wells, NONE of those options above will rub, at all.

The 205/50-16 will give you the best (or at least most 'cushy') ride on the bombed-out Pennsyltucky roads (I used to live there, so I KNOW of what you speak!), and yes, there are exactly two choices in all of existence, with NEITHER of them great, in an ALL SEASON in that 215/45-16 size.

IF that size were made in any of the great, name brand, UHP all seasons, they would be on my wheels now. [wink] [:(]

If you are not lowered at all, and do not run mud flaps with hardware that protrudes into the front wheel wells, NONE of those options above will rub, at all.

The 205/50-16 will give you the best (or at least most 'cushy') ride on the bombed-out Pennsyltucky roads (I used to live there, so I KNOW of what you speak!), and yes, there are exactly two choices in all of existence, with NEITHER of them great, in an ALL SEASON in that 215/45-16 size.

IF that size were made in any of the great, name brand, UHP all seasons, they would be on my wheels now. [wink] [:(]
Ya makes sense about the 215's so I'll have to decide between the 205/45 or 205/50 then. PA roads are so shitty around here that I might have to go with the 50's just so my teeth don't fall out driving down the street. Appreciate the info and help a bunch.