Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

LILIKE16ST

Is anyone currently running a similar set up (16" x 8" ET40) on stock suspension w/ 215's (or 205's)? I would love to see pics and know if everything clears, doesn't rub or poke. I don't plan to camber or swap springs anytime soon (or ever). I don't really want a stretch but I like the Firehawk Indy's and would like to have those but my understanding is they are very narrow for 205's. Thank you for the input and after an hour or two of searching I'm still not exactly seeing what I'm looking for so I apologize if its been answered before.
You will be fine with these wheels with 205 or 215 for sure on stock suspension. 215/45/16 is very close to the od of stock tires plenty of people running 15x8 +35 pro race wheels like mine with no issue even dropped an inch or so. Same with 17x8 +38 pro race 1.2 and 17x8 +40 rota titans and grid and slipstreams on stock and lowered 1 inch or so. No question you'll be fine on stock suspension and even if you decide to drop an inch with eibach mountune or swift or one of the others in that range you should still be fine. I'm running 15x8 +35 wheels with very wide 195 bfg that are about the same height as stock tires too and they stick out 5mm more towards the outside than these +40 konig will and fitment is fine even if I decided to go with 225/45 tires I'd be ok...plenty of people running those even lowered. I have no worries at all about installing 1 inch drop swift spec r on my car...I have no doubt there will be no clearance issues plus others have run these wheels with those springs with no issues. 16x8 wouldn't be any diff fitment wise if you're staying close to stock outside diameter on tires like a 215/45/16 you may even encounter even less issue with them being +40 vs +35 40 is a more ideal offset for this car. Honestly these wheels are pretty much perfect in my eyes and I'll probably end up getting them and run summer rubber on them and use my 15s for winter. Then I'd have a nice looking better riding lightweight setup year round. Good luck

DaveG99

I wish we could know for sure the exact date these are released. I'm ready to place the order but I'm not doing it without knowing when exactly they are being released

According to long (I called them) suppliers will start to see shipments late feb-mid March. I already put my order in a couple weeks ago so hopefully I'll be in the first batch. I only paid $480 for all 4 shipped.

DaveG99

According to long (I called them) suppliers will start to see shipments late feb-mid March. I already put my order in a couple weeks ago so hopefully I'll be in the first batch. I only paid $480 for all 4 shipped.
How? Best Ive seen is $497 shipped.

I had ordered from them before, I must have had credits or something that I earned. Looks like I got an additional $15 off from the $497.

You will be fine with these wheels with 205 or 215 for sure on stock suspension. 215/45/16 is very close to the od of stock tires plenty of people running 15x8 +35 pro race wheels like mine with no issue even dropped an inch or so. Same with 17x8 +38 pro race 1.2 and 17x8 +40 rota titans and grid and slipstreams on stock and lowered 1 inch or so. No question you'll be fine on stock suspension and even if you decide to drop an inch with eibach mountune or swift or one of the others in that range you should still be fine. I'm running 15x8 +35 wheels with very wide 195 bfg that are about the same height as stock tires too and they stick out 5mm more towards the outside than these +40 konig will and fitment is fine even if I decided to go with 225/45 tires I'd be ok...plenty of people running those even lowered. I have no worries at all about installing 1 inch drop swift spec r on my car...I have no doubt there will be no clearance issues plus others have run these wheels with those springs with no issues. 16x8 wouldn't be any diff fitment wise if you're staying close to stock outside diameter on tires like a 215/45/16 you may even encounter even less issue with them being +40 vs +35 40 is a more ideal offset for this car. Honestly these wheels are pretty much perfect in my eyes and I'll probably end up getting them and run summer rubber on them and use my 15s for winter. Then I'd have a nice looking better riding lightweight setup year round. Good luck
Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate that.

The other issue I'm having is, if I decide to run this wheel with 205's (which i do) the tire I really want is the Firehawk Indy's but it has such a narrow tread width (6.9") compared to say a BF Comp2 (8"). I know the BF would look perfect but I'm afraid that if i were to run the Firehawks, it would look pretty stretched.

DaveG99

I wouldnt run the indys on these wheels. Too much stretch.

And why would you want the firehawks? I currently have them on stock wheels and they are not as sticky as the stock bridgestones. I was sliding quite a bit on my last mountain run on them. Not good for extreme grip. They are a good daily driver tire though.

If you want something similar to the indys run the G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2 - SIZE: 205/45ZR16. Its the same tread wear as the indys and about the same price and should perform equally.

LILIKE16ST

I'm far from an expert so I may be wrong but as far as I know the actual section width is what determines how "stretched" it is or isnt. If the section is 8.4 and tread width is 7 it should not look overly stretched on an 8 inch wheel. Maybe just very slightly but not bad at all....not the stancer wheel sticking out on both sides of the tire kind of stretched more a square fit with a very slight lean towards stretch. I have 15x8 with 195 sport comp they are 7.9 section and 7.7 tread width they don't look that stretched at all. They are very slightly stretched but it almost looks like a square fit. As long as the section width is around 8 or higher I don't think it's going to be stancer stretched with noticeable amounts of wheel sticking out both sides. I plan to run continental on them if I get them they're 8.1 section 7 tread width. I've seen 205 Continental like that used on the 15x8 team dynamics I currently run and they have a 6.9 tw with like 8.4 section I think and they don't look that stretched on them either. It gives you far more response on turn in with a slight stretch and kind of makes up for having a taller sidewall with the smaller wheel. The bfg would be a good fit too having 8.1 inch section and 8 inch tread width. I'm almost certain the section has more to do with how stretched it is vs the tread width. For example the bfg is 8.1 section 8 tw...the continental I wanna run on em are 8.1 section 7 tw and I'd just about bet both would look equally stretched to a very slight amount the bfg has more tw because of the way the tire is designed they run wide on tread width but the continental shouldn't look more stretched than the bfg when they are both 8.1 section width this is what determines how wide the tire actually is....tread width is usable tread on the ground also remember when they make these stats many times its on a 6.5 or 7 inch wheel on these 8 inch wheels the actually usable tread width should be wider than advertised

I wouldnt run the indys on these wheels. Too much stretch.

And why would you want the firehawks? I currently have them on stock wheels and they are not as sticky as the stock bridgestones. I was sliding quite a bit on my last mountain run on them. Not good for extreme grip. They are a good daily driver tire though.

If you want something similar to the indys run the G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2 - SIZE: 205/45ZR16. Its the same tread wear as the indys and about the same price and should perform equally.
Oh that's good to know. The reason I was wanting to run Firehawks is because i kept hearing great things about them on here and its one of the highest rated tires in its class on TireRack and they are a good deal. I also was considering the BFG's (and now seems my only option) and to be honest, all i really want is something that performs a little better than my stock pilot sport 3 a/s and still has good daily drivers attributes. I would love to have some crazy sticky rubber but for what i use the car for, it just wouldn't make sense.

LILIKE16ST

Oh that's good to know. The reason I was wanting to run Firehawks is because i kept hearing great things about them on here and its one of the highest rated tires in its class on TireRack and they are a good deal. I also was considering the BFG's (and now seems my only option) and to be honest, all i really want is something that performs a little better than my stock pilot sport 3 a/s and still has good daily drivers attributes. I would love to have some crazy sticky rubber but for what i use the car for, it just wouldn't make sense.
Either of those tires will do fine for you on these wheels imo and both should do bettee than the Michelin (I had those stock as well). Don't get me wrong the as3 is an awesome tire for a 500 tw all season but those tires are 340 tw summer tires they will have more ultimate grip in warm weather. I have the bfg sport comp 2 on my 15x8 pro race 1.2 wheels and they have been pretty decent tires with a decent life. I've put prob 20k on them thus far and they have a decent amount of life left I should be able to squeeze 30-35k no problem but it depends on your driving habits and how you use the car etc. I'm going to go with continental extreme contact sport tires next either on these 15s in 205/50/15 or in 205/45/16 on these konig if I decide to go that route. I would take them over either of those other tires and they're all 340 tw but the continental run just a little more on cost. The good thing is they're only 19 lbs in that size for 15s and only 18 lbs in that size for 16s so mounted on those konig one could have a setup that performs great and is 32.5 lbs per corner...that's 10 lbs per corner less than the stock wheels with michelin all seasons. I noticed a pretty big difference all the way around dropping 6 lbs per corner with my current setup I can only imagine having lost 4 more for a total of 10. That's a very big deal...it's 40 lbs off the car but it's in the most important place to lose the weight because it effects acceleration braking and handling not to mention mpg and ride comfort. Some say every pound of unsprung weight lost on wheels and tires and such is equal to 10 lbs of dead weight removed from the car so 40 lbs would feel like 400 lbs lost that is huge obviously in particular on a 2700 lbs car from the factory

You can get them close to 125$ a piece from performanceplustire. There is an instant rebate of 45$ a set and if you sit with them in the cart long enough a coupon code will pop up for another 50. This brings the total to just under 500$
Coupon code that pops up is "FP_50off" if you're not in the mood to wait for like 12 hours. I'm assuming that code is the same every time, but idk for sure.

Also, just put in my order [coolsmile]

What are the chances Konig will offer this in a lighter color? I'm not usually a fan of black wheels. I already have a black car, so I don't want that murdered out look.