Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Ya what you encountered with those wheels is not ideal on manufacturers workmanship.

As far as your comments about scrub radius I think you are overthinking it [MENTION=10503]babyivan[/MENTION], changing the offset 7mm is not going to adversely affect the scrub radius on our cars IMO.
Their are other members on the forum like RaamAudio who have played with offsets and wider wheels far morw than your breif excursion. They have wound up geting excellent handling results with offsets of 35 and wheel widths out to 9 inches on 15’s.
A 16x8 40 offset wheel will not be a problem , more likely tire sidewall choices can have a bigger effect on turn in response. Same goes for a 15x7 plus 42mm.
In the end, I think you are mostly correct. It probably is something I would not notice, and am using it to add to my displeasure overall.

I am always the guy who is all about keeping a car "factory original". Even if it hampers the true potential of a car. In the end, everyone appreciates an unmodified original car. Just look at the various auctions, a numbers matching original car always get the most. I am not trying to sell my car, just sayin'....

Buying aftermarket wheels is something I have never done. I have owned 45+ cars in my lifetime, and always veered towards keep everything factory original. The only thing I would do is, install oem upgrades. For example, I have a base model car, I will find the optional wheel upgrades.... Bigger wheels, etc...

I think alexrex20 is not completely off on his assessment. I do appreciate all insight.

whats status of Bronze availability?
I contacted Konig (via website Contact Us link) on 2/7 and have NOT heard anything back to date.

I'm interested in them. I almost pre-ordered them but I am glad I didn't, as I'm not sure Konig has actual plans to produce them in our bolt pattern.[:(!]

I don't Facebook too often but I decided to log in and sent a message to Konig Wheels USA to see if someone on there can see if these are actually going to be produced and, if so, provide an ETA. <cross fingers>

Last edited:
I contacted Konig (via website Contact Us link) on 2/7 and have NOT heard anything back to date.

I'm interested in them. I almost pre-ordered them but I am glad I didn't, as I'm not sure Konig has actual plans to produce them in our bolt pattern.[:(!]

I don't Facebook too often but I decided to log in and sent a message to Konig Wheels USA to see if someone on their can see if these are actually going to be produced and, if so, provide an ETA. <cross fingers>
I contacted them about the bronze too. I also heard nothing. Why announce a vaporware wheel? Was it a fishing expedition to see if there was enough demand?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just contacted them again today. I’ll update if I receive a response...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm dying for a set of bronze ones. Even the black ones are fine and I'll just powder coat them haha. Wish something would pop up already.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you ask about placing an order? Are they allowing presale/preorder yet?
No, I didn't even consider that option. Probably better this way anyway. I need to get to my next paycheck, LOL. I may go to my nearest Discount Tire to see if they have the ability to pre-order, so I can just have everything done at the same place.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
No, I didn't even consider that option. Probably better this way anyway. I need to get to my next paycheck, LOL. I may go to my nearest Discount Tire to see if they have the ability to pre-order, so I can just have everything done at the same place.
Check out summit racing

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
My wheel and tire experiences on this car, only drove it 5 miles on the stock setup, 8 months on the lift, all bushings, coilovers, rear camber and toe change, 15x9 +35 wheels with 225 Rival S and 6 more with 225 RA1 track tires, 17x7 (if I recall properly, +42, 17lbs) Konig Feathers with 205 Mich AS3. First Cyborg turbo system made, 220WHP, 280 ft lbs at 5,200 ft elevation.

With 15x9 Rival S and RA1 the car rode incredibly well considering how modified it is, quiet, smooth, incredible grip, excellent feedback, very stable at any speed, just right turn in, mid corner control, exit very stable, very linear and easy to modulate deep into turns. I did have some torque steer which can be expected from a higher powered FWD car.

With 17x7 and Mich AS3, rode like a brick, terrible road noise, less torque steer, excellent overall handling, braking, etc for an AS tire but could barely stand to drive the car especially later over Sierra's on the concrete on I80, it was simply painful.

Added bigger turbo, 320WHP, forget the torque, more torque steer which is not suprising but it was part of the challenge of driving a FWD car FAST but a bit scary at times so went to a bit smaller turbo with a bit less lag and smoother spool up. By then I had decided to not track the car as injured my eyes and other issues so sold the RA1 but the Rival S which have been kept warm are still in great condition though the car has been parked for a very long time so not using them.

15x8 +35 11.4 lb 6UL with 205 NeoGen tires replaced the 17x7 with AS3, HUGE inprovement in noise and ride quality, has some torque steer but not a problem as not that bad, very good handling and braking, traction, etc for an AS tire, like them far better than the AS3 and cost a lot less.

I cannot comment on the stock wheel versus aftermarket weight, offset, torque steer changes, etc as 5 cruising miles on the stock setup is all the experience I ever had but I would live with a bit added torque steer and of course far better ride and improve every other aspect of performance low weight and smaller diameter wheels give this car, always!

Last thing, 16x8 as close to stock offset and as light as possible was always my recommended wheel size for this car, tried to get some made for you guys back in 2014, would of ran that size if not for finding how much I liked 15x8 and 9 depending on tires I was running.