Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I'm with you I hate mud flaps it looks like crap imo lol but to each their own. I believe I'd find other ways around the problem like ram said if there even is one. I've been running 15x8 pro race 1.2s in warm weather since 2016 and they stick out slightly more than these and I have no flaps and no issues
That is a relief, I will tempt fate and go flapLESS

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
The rear overhang of the bumper is nominal. The only way a rock would fling up and hit the bumper is if you had all-wheel drive and was spinning the tires on gravel. Otherwise, the rocks will just spit straight out the back nowhere near the bumper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
The rear overhang of the bumper is nominal. The only way a rock would fling up and hit the bumper is if you had all-wheel drive and was spinning the tires on gravel. Otherwise, the rocks will just spit straight out the back nowhere near the bumper.

The sides of the rear bumper and a bit of the quarter panel looks to be a bit vulnerable with the lower offset. I think I'm gonna have a shop by me put a couple of strips of ppf in the immediate area.
I actually have a small roll of 3m film lying around, but I don't trust my application skills. It looks a lot easier than it actually is.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Woohoooo!

Ordered wed night, at my door friday afternoon!

Weighed 2 wheels on my crap bathroom scale, 14.6#

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
FYI:
The konig center cap logo stick on plate is exactly 49mm.
Gonna see if I can find something on ebay to replace it with.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
The cap is stick on? Mine was bolted on. Or you mean the logo is a sticker om the bolt-on center cap?

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
The cap is stick on? Mine was bolted on. Or you mean the logo is a sticker om the bolt-on center cap?

The second part, lol. I was at a loss for words trying to describe it.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
posted earlier in this thread when I was entertaining a different logo.

yup, saw that, but i believe those are 56mm and will be too big. I was hoping for an ST one, but they are also 56mm

koozy

3000 Post Club
yup, saw that, but i believe those are 56mm and will be too big. I was hoping for an ST one, but they are also 56mm
the one you see pictured is not 56mm, it's 46mm which was originally made for a set of Rota Slipstreams I had. I just wanted to see what it would look like. I could have them made in 49mm, but not really interested.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
the one you see pictured is not 56mm, it's 46mm which was originally made for a set of Rota Slipstreams I had. I just wanted to see what it would look like. I could have them made in 49mm, but not really interested.
Interesting. I thought your original post was a photoshop mock up. How would you get them made?
These are what I was thinking...

koozy

3000 Post Club
Interesting. I thought your original post was a photoshop mock up. How would you get them made?
You can see better photos here.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...reams-Wheel-Cap-Stickers-(-ST-or-FORD-Racing)

oh and I would stay away from overlays. Overlays are typically designed to go over smooth surfaces, but you should be aware that the Konig emblems that came with the wheels are not completely smooth. Go have a look and you'll notice the letters protrude a bit. This causes issues with overlays and overlays are typically too thin to be used solo without solid backing. The Konig center cap has a hole in the middle so it's not solid without the decal.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
You can see better photos here.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...reams-Wheel-Cap-Stickers-(-ST-or-FORD-Racing)

oh and I would stay away from overlays. Overlays are typically designed to go over smooth surfaces, but you should be aware that the Konig emblems that came with the wheels are not completely smooth. Go have a look and you'll notice the letters protrude a bit. This causes issues with overlays.
I was hoping to use something in place of the Konig emblems, rather than on top of them.
To be honest, the konig emblems are nice and subtle. I actually like them, I'm just accustomed to seeing oem caps on wheels.

I will most likely not go through the hassle.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I was hoping to use something in place of the Konig emblems, rather than on top of them.
To be honest, the konig emblems are nice and subtle. I actually like them, I'm just accustomed to seeing oem caps on wheels.

I will most likely not go through the hassle.
Same here, I'll update later when I'm ready to display my OE ST logo Konig cap.

With emblems you can replace the Konig one, with overlays they need something solid underneath.