Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

Well, I've called numerous suppliers and it appears that Dekagrams in bronze are not able to be gotten for some time.

I saw that the bronze Dekagrams were in stock for a little bit on summit and carid; did anyone actually get a set? I tried emailing Konig about availability of the bronzes around the beginning of November and they never got back to me. I got impatient and ended up switching my order to the satin blacks

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club

Nitto NeoGen 205/45-16, lowered on Eibach Pro springs.
Beautiful!

I think I'm gonna go the same route.

How do you like the set up in terms of feel?
Did the width/offset change make anything worse than stock? Changing the scrub radius can be tricky. Is the steering heavier?
I bet turn in is pretty close to stock even though you have more sidewall, because of the slight stretch.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
It's all pros, no cons. Scrub radius didn't change much because offset only changed by 7.5mm. Steering and handling is the same or better. Comfort is much, much better. I don't remember what stock felt like. Turn in is still very very good. It has a little more wiggle than my last tires but those were 205/40-17 Falken Azenis RT615K aka cheater tires so it's not a fair comparison. After a few weeks(?) on these Nittos, I am HUGELY impressed with dry and wet performance.

It's all pros, no cons. Scrub radius didn't change much because offset only changed by 7.5mm. Steering and handling is the same or better. Comfort is much, much better. I don't remember what stock felt like. Turn in is still very very good. It has a little more wiggle than my last tires but those were 205/40-17 Falken Azenis RT615K aka cheater tires so it's not a fair comparison. After a few weeks(?) on these Nittos, I am HUGELY impressed with dry and wet performance.
Thanks for the update. This is all positive news. Thinking this might be the route I go for daily driving and keep my OZ 17' Ultraleggera's and some 'cheater tires' for track days. Now if only my bronze Dekagram's would ever show up.

I'm still skeptical as to whether Konig ever actually produced them. They've been listed on CarID, Summit and I believe Tire Rack or Discount Tire could order them but no one to my knowledge has ever actually received them.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
To all those who have the dekas and on stock suspension, how does it compare to stock performance-wise?

On paper, stock looks to be better for turn-in due to the smaller sidewall, but at the same time quite a bit heavier. However, the the deka is 8" wide, which will pull the sidewall out and help stiffen it out. I plan on the BFG sc2 245/45/16, as that looks like the widest 205 at 8" of tread.

Veering away from stock offset, no matter the width, alters scrub radius and thus can affect steering feel, braking on uneven surfaces, etc. I assume our cars have a slight negative scrub radius and lowering the offset will neutralize it (to what extent, I have no idea). This also increases torque steer, but again I have no idea by how much.

Overall, I would like to be able to absorb crappy roads better (16' vs 17"), have better acceleration/braking with lighter wheels and to improve the look of the car (hate the stock wheels).

LILIKE16ST

To all those who have the dekas and on stock suspension, how does it compare to stock performance-wise?

On paper, stock looks to be better for turn-in due to the smaller sidewall, but at the same time quite a bit heavier. However, the the deka is 8" wide, which will pull the sidewall out and help stiffen it out. I plan on the BFG sc2 245/45/16, as that looks like the widest 205 at 8" of tread.

Veering away from stock offset, no matter the width, alters scrub radius and thus can affect steering feel, braking on uneven surfaces, etc. I assume our cars have a slight negative scrub radius and lowering the offset will neutralize it (to what extent, I have no idea). This also increases torque steer, but again I have no idea by how much.

Overall, I would like to be able to absorb crappy roads better (16' vs 17"), have better acceleration/braking with lighter wheels and to improve the look of the car (hate the stock wheels).
Honestly I think being 8 inches wide would more than offset the slight increase in sidewall height. I know with my 15x8s I didnt notice much of any loss in turn in and I run 205/50 continental extreme contact sports on then now and before I had 195/55 bfgs like the ones you are referring to. If anything performance was improved in every way but I did have stock all seasons also that is worth noting not sure how it would compare with the stock bridgestones but I would say the type of tire you run as far as tread compound would have a far greater effect than the slight increase in sidewall height on overall handling that's just my .02. I wouldn't worry about it and go for it if I were you you definitely wont regret it the car feels much better with my setup and it would likely feel as good or better with these Konigs. I love my pro race 1.2s but has these konigs been available when I purchased mine 2+ years ago I likely would have went that direction

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Honestly I think being 8 inches wide would more than offset the slight increase in sidewall height. I know with my 15x8s I didnt notice much of any loss in turn in and I run 205/50 continental extreme contact sports on then now and before I had 195/55 bfgs like the ones you are referring to. If anything performance was improved in every way but I did have stock all seasons also that is worth noting not sure how it would compare with the stock bridgestones but I would say the type of tire you run as far as tread compound would have a far greater effect than the slight increase in sidewall height on overall handling that's just my .02. I wouldn't worry about it and go for it if I were you you definitely wont regret it the car feels much better with my setup and it would likely feel as good or better with these Konigs. I love my pro race 1.2s but has these konigs been available when I purchased mine 2+ years ago I likely would have went that direction
Thanks!

If there's anybody else out there with any thoughts comparisons with this set up (dekas+bfg 245/45+stock suspension) over stock, I'd love to hear it.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
205/45

Either that's the second time you made that typo or you really are planning on running 245/45, which will definitely not fit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk