Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear Motor Mount and 4 point traction bar.

Alright everyone. I know I have read plenty of reviews for rear motor mounts. There are a few options (boomba, cobb, etc)

I am wondering, what is the stiffest / highest quality RMM on the market, and also, what kind of 4 point traction bar would go with this? I had someone suggest that to go along with the RMM to help improve the function of the RMM. Or is that just a waste?

Let me know what you have, what you think. If you have an aftermarket RMM, give me your rating on how it has performed! Also, how bad was the vibration as idle after installing?

And I know performance will depend on how you drive. Let's just say I don't baby this car when I'm getting up to speed. When I need to get to 40, I go through 1st and 2nd pretty hard. Shifting from 1st to 2nd at a higher RPM (5k+), it isn't super smooth. when going from 2nd to 3rd, it's a little easier and smoother. I would like to get the same response in shifting at 5k as you do at say 3, or 3.5k. Will this help this?

Thanks!!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Alright everyone. I know I have read plenty of reviews for rear motor mounts. There are a few options (boomba, cobb, etc)

I am wondering, what is the stiffest / highest quality RMM on the market, and also, what kind of 4 point traction bar would go with this? I had someone suggest that to go along with the RMM to help improve the function of the RMM. Or is that just a waste?

Let me know what you have, what you think. If you have an aftermarket RMM, give me your rating on how it has performed! Also, how bad was the vibration as idle after installing?

And I know performance will depend on how you drive. Let's just say I don't baby this car when I'm getting up to speed. When I need to get to 40, I go through 1st and 2nd pretty hard. Shifting from 1st to 2nd at a higher RPM (5k+), it isn't super smooth. when going from 2nd to 3rd, it's a little easier and smoother. I would like to get the same response in shifting at 5k as you do at say 3, or 3.5k. Will this help this?

Thanks!!
Are you tracking the car?
I have to say without a doubt the "stiffest" is the AWR with the 95a track/race bushing. Also one of the cheapest
if you aren't tracking the car the 88a bushing is a good one. A comparable mount that is a premium product made from billet aluminum parts vs steel is cp-e which is also very stiff and great for what you are looking for.

no other RMM available that you can select which bushing you want

there are many threads on this mount in my section with reviews as well as reviews on my site at the bottom of the listing.
best RMM for the $ in my opinion

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/awr-rear-motor-mount-2014-2017-fiesta-st

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Are you tracking the car?
I have to say without a doubt the "stiffest" is the AWR with the 95a track/race bushing. Also one of the cheapest

no other RMM available that you can select which bushing you want

there are many threads on this mount in my section with reviews as well as reviews on my site at the bottom of the listing.
best RMM for the $ in my opinion

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/awr-rear-motor-mount-2014-2017-fiesta-st
I am not tracking the car. It is a daily driver, but i do want to do some track running next summer, just for fun :)

So probably go with the 70a?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I am not tracking the car. It is a daily driver, but i do want to do some track running next summer, just for fun :)

So probably go with the 70a?
I daily the 88a bushing in Gloss Red
It's very manageable once broken in. It might surprise you a bit once installed going from stock becuase it it quite stiff. It's been in there for a few months now and I'm quite pleased with it.

I don't think I'd go with the 95a unless it was installed at the track haha
the 70a is the most popular bushing when ordered just as an FYI

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
I daily the 88a bushing in Gloss Red
It's very manageable once broken in. It might surprise you a bit once installed going from stock becuase it it quite stiff. It's been in there for a few months now and I'm quite pleased with it.

I don't think I'd go with the 95a unless it was installed at the track haha
the 70a is the most popular bushing when ordered just as an FYI
Thank you!! I am really happy with your feedback, and woosh has a lot of products to offer!! I plan on eventually getting the downpipe and plan on going with whoosh. Already set on the intake, that's getting delivered in a week or so. But any other mod's I can get, I'll be checking this website frequently.

Are you going to have any cyber monday specials for parts by chance? :D

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thank you!! I am really happy with your feedback, and woosh has a lot of products to offer!! I plan on eventually getting the downpipe and plan on going with whoosh. Already set on the intake, that's getting delivered in a week or so. But any other mod's I can get, I'll be checking this website frequently.

Are you going to have any cyber monday specials for parts by chance? :D
yes I'll have a sale posted for black friday through cyber monday

OP
T
Thread Starter #8
yes I'll have a sale posted for black friday through cyber monday
Ron, I am going to end up ordering that RRM here in a while. But I was also wondering, what are you thoughts on Front Traction / Stress bar? I have only seen two different one's on the market. One from FSWerks - but it is labeled for being for the Focus ST, still waiting on a reply if it will work for the Fiesta ST. And there is one from TB performance, which does fit for a Fiesta.

Do you have any suggestions on this, or experience with anyone using this to help the wheelskip problem out of first gear and the wheel skip when accelerating hard through a turn ? And also, do you have this product available? :)

Thanks!!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Ron, I am going to end up ordering that RRM here in a while. But I was also wondering, what are you thoughts on Front Traction / Stress bar? I have only seen two different one's on the market. One from FSWerks - but it is labeled for being for the Focus ST, still waiting on a reply if it will work for the Fiesta ST. And there is one from TB performance, which does fit for a Fiesta.

Do you have any suggestions on this, or experience with anyone using this to help the wheelskip problem out of first gear and the wheel skip when accelerating hard through a turn ? And also, do you have this product available? :)

Thanks!!
I haven't drag raced the Fiesta ST but have done plenty of track time with the SRT-4
I tested traction bars for BWoody that connected an adjustable bar from the rear lower control arm mounting point to one of the K-Member main mounting points.
After many years and many time slips, even tubular lower control arms with solid bushings
The best combination always came down to a good front lower trans mount which is the same as the rear motor mount with Fiesta, having a LSD in the trans, and a good set of tires at the correct psi
The highest modded car with solid side mounts and bolted on this and that never had a chance against a car with the combo I mentioned above.
These are facts in the SRT-4 community, not just my opinions.

By far the best mod for traction that you can't bolt on the car is the driver mod at the track.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Ron;

Whereabouts, number-wise, on that AWR durometer range does the CP-E RMM fall? [dunno]
It's tough to say since the EPDM is a little different than poly
The cp-e has to be somewhere in the middle of the AWR 70a and 88a but closer to the 88a just as a personal feel since I've used all of them. Nothing scientific behind that.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's tough to say since the EPDM is a little different than poly
The cp-e has to be somewhere in the middle of the AWR 70a and 88a but closer to the 88a just as a personal feel since I've used all of them. Nothing scientific behind that.
OK, THANKS! [thumb]