Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Member 24 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by DixST View Post
    The SSM 46936 now includes 2017 ST's... Called the dealer and they confirmed.. Taking the car in for the axle replacement... Been a long time coming.
    Did that fix it?

New Member 13 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the half shafts replaced under the same program. The noise was gone for a short while but came back after 1000 miles or so. New RMM did nothing to help either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are both in the same boat. What's next for you? I intend to ride it out for another 1 or 2 thousand miles and see if it get's worse then go back to the dealer. Keep the Forum updated so the rest of us can see what Ford is willing to do.
    Thanks..

Member 24 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DixST View Post
    We are both in the same boat. What's next for you? I intend to ride it out for another 1 or 2 thousand miles and see if it get's worse then go back to the dealer. Keep the Forum updated so the rest of us can see what Ford is willing to do.
    Thanks..
    Do we know that the clunk is, in fact, a defect?

Member 24 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my dealer is getting me new CVAs. Service advisor said that they have to get the bulletin done to continue troubleshooting. I didn't pry but it sounded like the tech doesn't think the axles are the issue but they won't get paid by Ford, if they don't follow the steps. The first of which is to do the CVAs, if there is clunk.

Senior Member 299 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6500 miles on my '17, has had the 3rd/4th "clack" since almost new and 2nd gear actual "clunk" has been building up a bit too... upgraded RMM since 2000 miles, also have short shift plate, that hasn't helped or hurt issue... I'd like to get this looked at for the half shafts, but will they blame my short shift plate and/or RMM? I already plan on un-marrying my AP...
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. *Driver side/trans mount insert, TS VR2 EM plumb back DV and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet installed soon.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

Member 24 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    6500 miles on my '17, has had the 3rd/4th "clack" since almost new and 2nd gear actual "clunk" has been building up a bit too... upgraded RMM since 2000 miles, also have short shift plate, that hasn't helped or hurt issue... I'd like to get this looked at for the half shafts, but will they blame my short shift plate and/or RMM? I already plan on un-marrying my AP...
    My dealer is pretty accommodating. I have front braces and RMM. They didn't mention anything. I did unmarry my AP though.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stascom View Post
    My dealer is pretty accommodating. I have front braces and RMM. They didn't mention anything. I did unmarry my AP though.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.. I do have 3 dealers that are convenient enough for me to try including one with service hours til midnight, but I'm not sure if they would give me a free loaner to leave my car, even though I feel they should if it's pretty much an initial defect...
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. *Driver side/trans mount insert, TS VR2 EM plumb back DV and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet installed soon.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

Member 24 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience.. I do have 3 dealers that are convenient enough for me to try including one with service hours til midnight, but I'm not sure if they would give me a free loaner to leave my car, even though I feel they should if it's pretty much an initial defect...
    They didn't give me one for overnight. But they said, if they can't get it finished the next day, they'll give a rental. They have just called and said it was done. We'll see, if there is any difference.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by stascom View Post
    They didn't give me one for overnight. But they said, if they can't get it finished the next day, they'll give a rental. They have just called and said it was done. We'll see, if there is any difference.
    Which dealer did you go to? I can tell you don't want to give away your EXACT location, but since we are in the same state maybe I'll try your dealer if they took pretty good care of you!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast