Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 2017 FiST, 500 miles....clunk clunk on shift...

Thanks guys for the reply. Just wondering if anyone with the shift clunk checked the fluid level and brought it up to the 2.1 liter amount and if so what, if any, results.. Grasping at straws here.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thanks guys for the reply. Just wondering if anyone with the shift clunk checked the fluid level and brought it up to the 2.1 liter amount and if so what, if any, results.. Grasping at straws here.
So far as I've noticed, no one has reported changes to the clack noise on clutch release. But keep in mind that some of us are talking about different noises. The clickity noises while moving the shifter have definitely improved. What some have described as a 'notchy' feel on engagement has improved over time; but not immediate. Others have reported an immediate difference. I've yet to run during the frigid Winter temps. But I expect it to be significantly stiffer during frigid cold starts. Won't know for sure until the time comes though.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
So far as I've noticed, no one has reported changes to the clack noise on clutch release. But keep in mind that some of us are talking about different noises. The clickity noises while moving the shifter have definitely improved. What some have described as a 'notchy' feel on engagement has improved over time; but not immediate. Others have reported an immediate difference. I've yet to run during the frigid Winter temps. But I expect it to be significantly stiffer during frigid cold starts. Won't know for sure until the time comes though.
My click happens just after I've shifted; foot off the clutch, done, then a small click. I assume it's the dual flywheel just hooking into direct drive. Everything feels good as new. I never heard it until I deleted the symposer.

Clacking has been present in mine since I bought it in late April. It was only audible shifting between lower gears and would sometimes not be present at all. It has been getting progressively worse and is now present in virtually every gear after a ~900 mile round trip this weekend. I'm only at 3800 miles total. Is this something that I should schedule service for or is it just an annoying flywheel sound that I should forget about?

This is not a clunking noise, though engagement of first, even at a stop, is pretty clunky. It's definitely a clacking during gear engagement. Once engaged, I don't hear anything. in 30 years of driving manual transmission cars, including some VWs, Alfa Romeos, and old Fiats, the transmissions never made this much noise, until they were about to fail.

So I have like a sledge_hammer_to_the_firewall kind of clunk when shifting hard at redline from first to second with some sticky autocross tires. It's brutal. Not exactly what everyone's describing, very smooth and no issues otherwise, 3,000 miles. Any thoughts from those who know exactly what I'm talking about?

Can't change the RMM as I plan on using it for SCCA Solo H street, but it makes sense... it's not a clunk but a CLUNK and didn't do it on the OEM Bridgestones, just the BFG Rival 1.5S tires and a hard 1-2 shift.

mother-f- im gonna pour my 250ml left over into my tranny.

my car only has 6k miles tho.

Clacking has been present in mine since I bought it in late April. It was only audible shifting between lower gears and would sometimes not be present at all. It has been getting progressively worse and is now present in virtually every gear after a ~900 mile round trip this weekend. I'm only at 3800 miles total. Is this something that I should schedule service for or is it just an annoying flywheel sound that I should forget about?

This is not a clunking noise, though engagement of first, even at a stop, is pretty clunky. It's definitely a clacking during gear engagement. Once engaged, I don't hear anything. in 30 years of driving manual transmission cars, including some VWs, Alfa Romeos, and old Fiats, the transmissions never made this much noise, until they were about to fail.
When I just casually granny shift through the gears I get clacks and clunks when I clutch in, then move the shifter and then clutch out. I think from reading on the forum that changing the gear oil will help with that.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I only have a solid clack when going into reverse while letting the clutch out. Its repeatable with every engagement of the clutch. In thinking its just a lot of play in the diff. Catch it right and the pinion slaps the ring gear.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Na....I'll put money on it's the actual clutch itself making that noise going from Reverse to a forward gear during engagement.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk