Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 2017 FiST, 500 miles....clunk clunk on shift...

You are exactly right. While Ford is slowly getting out of the hot hatch business VW is still there with the Golf GTI, the Japanese with the Civic and then there's South Korean ready to jump in.

The SSM 46936 now includes 2017 ST's... Called the dealer and they confirmed.. Taking the car in for the axle replacement... Been a long time coming.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
At least we still have the Focus....and soon to come the 2019 Focus and most likely RS...and possible baby Bronco/fiesta

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

If the prior RS production schedule holds, IF it comes here itā€™ll be during the second half of Focus production. The ST would be during the first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

I had the half shafts replaced under the same program. The noise was gone for a short while but came back after 1000 miles or so. New RMM did nothing to help either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are both in the same boat. What's next for you? I intend to ride it out for another 1 or 2 thousand miles and see if it get's worse then go back to the dealer. Keep the Forum updated so the rest of us can see what Ford is willing to do.
Thanks..

We are both in the same boat. What's next for you? I intend to ride it out for another 1 or 2 thousand miles and see if it get's worse then go back to the dealer. Keep the Forum updated so the rest of us can see what Ford is willing to do.
Thanks..
Do we know that the clunk is, in fact, a defect?

Well, my dealer is getting me new CVAs. Service advisor said that they have to get the bulletin done to continue troubleshooting. I didn't pry but it sounded like the tech doesn't think the axles are the issue but they won't get paid by Ford, if they don't follow the steps. The first of which is to do the CVAs, if there is clunk.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
6500 miles on my '17, has had the 3rd/4th "clack" since almost new and 2nd gear actual "clunk" has been building up a bit too... upgraded RMM since 2000 miles, also have short shift plate, that hasn't helped or hurt issue... I'd like to get this looked at for the half shafts, but will they blame my short shift plate and/or RMM? I already plan on un-marrying my AP...

6500 miles on my '17, has had the 3rd/4th "clack" since almost new and 2nd gear actual "clunk" has been building up a bit too... upgraded RMM since 2000 miles, also have short shift plate, that hasn't helped or hurt issue... I'd like to get this looked at for the half shafts, but will they blame my short shift plate and/or RMM? I already plan on un-marrying my AP...
My dealer is pretty accommodating. I have front braces and RMM. They didn't mention anything. I did unmarry my AP though.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
My dealer is pretty accommodating. I have front braces and RMM. They didn't mention anything. I did unmarry my AP though.
Thanks for sharing your experience.. I do have 3 dealers that are convenient enough for me to try including one with service hours til midnight, but I'm not sure if they would give me a free loaner to leave my car, even though I feel they should if it's pretty much an initial defect...

Thanks for sharing your experience.. I do have 3 dealers that are convenient enough for me to try including one with service hours til midnight, but I'm not sure if they would give me a free loaner to leave my car, even though I feel they should if it's pretty much an initial defect...
They didn't give me one for overnight. But they said, if they can't get it finished the next day, they'll give a rental. They have just called and said it was done. We'll see, if there is any difference.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
They didn't give me one for overnight. But they said, if they can't get it finished the next day, they'll give a rental. They have just called and said it was done. We'll see, if there is any difference.
Which dealer did you go to? I can tell you don't want to give away your EXACT location, but since we are in the same state maybe I'll try your dealer if they took pretty good care of you!