Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What do you all think of this Fiesta ST?

OP
T
Thread Starter #22
Those look like decent deals but they don't have the Recaro's. I'm not sure if that matters to you or not but if it's something you think you'll want later I can tell you from experience that they are almost impossible to find at a junkyard.
I’ve seen that term on here a lot but what is the recaro seat?

zanethan

They're bolstered seats that hold you in the right place while experiencing all the g-forces.

While the base seats hold you about as well as a park bench.

Many consider the Recaro's a mandatory option (Albeit an expensive one at $2000). Mine had the base seats but I've since upgraded them with seats from a BRZ.

I would click around in some of the sub forums and see what people think about them. There's an entire thread about them on the interior section under the technical forum heading.

OP
T
Thread Starter #24
Oh okay wow. Thats such a bummer... Sounds like a big deal. Ill def look into that. How much did your brz seats cost?

zanethan

Total cost was around $700 but you might be able to get away with it for around $600. But it isn't exactly an easy process and will destroy the stock seats.

Buy my 2016 shadow black FIST I’m in mooresville :) 26k mi 14,500.. (what I owe on the car) kind of heavily modified but it’s well kept.

Total cost was around $700 but you might be able to get away with it for around $600. But it isn't exactly an easy process and will destroy the stock seats.
Any pics or thread of this? I'm kinda wishing I got the Recaro's mostly for the heated option but idk how comfortable they'd be for me after a while. I'm 6'2" 250lbs, granted they felt alright when I first sat in them but I'm guessing during my daily 150 mile commute they'd become uncomfortable. I would rather find something that suits me perfect.

Also it 57k really high mileage, mind just hit 57k and hearing that made me sad lol. I guess that's what happens when you have a long commute. For reference I bought mine in June with 33K on the clock, Nav & Sunroof, for 14,500. I put nearly 25k miles on it in 6 months. Time to find a beater.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I’ve seen that term on here a lot but what is the recaro seat?
The stock seats are much more comfortable for some of us and the cloth seat covers do not let you slide around like the hard leather Recaros, nor do they get as hot or cold. As a DD and Grandkid hauler the cloth is also less of a possible stain disaster or permanent car seat marks I have seen in the past. Monday I spent several hours on curvy mountain roads in Western NC pushing hard and the stock seats are not a problem and never has been any hindrance to high performance driving, the cloth is quite grippy. These are "special" Recaros in the ST's and do not have the features of normal Recaros found in other cars like my BMW or Indy Pace Car Mustang, such as an adjustable seat bolster. I find the ST Recaros too short for proper thigh support like traditional Recaros so I passed on them. Try to find one with them and drive it first, you may save $1500-2000. Or you may find like many others you can't live without them. Some car reviewers liked them some didn't. It has little to do with size, my wife is tiny compared to me and she did not like them either, she too found them to be very slippery and she has had real Recaros before also. Either way enjoy your FiST like we all do! The $2000 I saved went into the Mountune MP215, Damond OCC and window tint, all more important to me than the Recaro seats, been there done that.

OP
T
Thread Starter #29
Buy my 2016 shadow black FIST I’m in mooresville :) 26k mi 14,500.. (what I owe on the car) kind of heavily modified but it’s well kept.
Do you have a thread for it?

I may go test ride the navy blue one this weekend to see how i like the seats.

zanethan

Any pics or thread of this? I'm kinda wishing I got the Recaro's mostly for the heated option but idk how comfortable they'd be for me after a while. I'm 6'2" 250lbs, granted they felt alright when I first sat in them but I'm guessing during my daily 150 mile commute they'd become uncomfortable. I would rather find something that suits me perfect.

Also it 57k really high mileage, mind just hit 57k and hearing that made me sad lol. I guess that's what happens when you have a long commute. For reference I bought mine in June with 33K on the clock, Nav & Sunroof, for 14,500. I put nearly 25k miles on it in 6 months. Time to find a beater.
BRZ seats in the FiST

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...com/forum/showthread.php?t=15517&share_type=t

I will be doing a full how-to thread but for now this will give you an idea. Please note that you will lose the side airbags and as of writing this I do still have an airbag light.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
If you like Green Envy and want to ship across the continent, this may be for you. Brand new and they’ve never been able to sell it. Its got everything but the kitchen sink. I’ve mentioned this elsewhere so sorry if this post is redundant.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/d/2015-ford-fiesta-green-envy/6398815954.html

Seen this car in person. If I was into Green Envy or it had been Performance Blue I would own it right now. Seeing as I grew up in Palo Alto and was up there for a little over a week at thanksgiving.

Someone should buy it. While they are advertising it as used its actually new old dealer stock. James Ford is out in Half Moon Bay which is a pretty quite area. Basically it's over the hill from the hustle and bustle of the San Francisco Peninsula.
Oh and James Ford is not a large dealership and they are pretty kickback. I went there to test drive an Ecoboost cause I wanted to see what the 3 banger 1 liters were like. Lol

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Not in California. Lol That Green Envy is loaded with Recaros and Nav plus sunroof. You cannot touch a New ST loaded in Cali for that price. Every dealer wants 22-24k
Best deals in Cali have been roughly 18k for base models.