Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Well this wasn't supposed to happen

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
All too right! [twothumb] Although I must say, I'm guilty of riding without a bicycle helmet. But it's a no go on the moto without dome-piece prophylactics.

Should say "brain case saver". People often aren't aware that helmets aren't designed to prevent concussion, as they'd have to be really huge with embedded exploding airbag like deceleration systems. Their basic intent, is to keep from having to put Humpty Dumpty (read: skull) back together again. But even with a helmet, it is still possible to fall off and wind up, simple.

Some bastardo hit me while I was riding my road bike like lance Armstrong....I was buckled into the pedals...he California rolled a stop sign.... I flipped with the bike attatched....cracked my Helmut....broke my hand...totalled my new bike...needless to say I got another bike....med bills paid....and 5k fro. The insurance company....thankful I wore my skull cradle! Wheew!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Glad you're post'n, kick'n and still ride'n. Just went looking for a bicycle helmet on Amazon. The negative reviews (when correct) can be most informative on product quality.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #23
I must agree on the "brain case saver". I went head first into a concrete wall at 70 mph or so. I got, in mild terms, Knocked the Hell out haha. Other than a severe concussion, I had no other ijuries.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Need motivation for not modding? It won't matter how much you do, it will never approach a 0-60 in 3 second motorcycle. [wink] Works for me... though I'm not a modder except for design flaw mitigations anyway.

After severe wrecks just about anyone I've chatted with has pretty much hung up their stirrups. (kids & family at forefront of consideration) The forces involved in a 70mph impact with a relatively "immovable" or unyielding object are unimaginable. Did they have to take special steps to relieve cranial pressure as a result of swelling? The initial incident occurred around 70 but suspect that the speed at time of impact was likely considerably lower; never to detract from the fact that a near complete recovery is a miracle either way.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #25
I didn't even go to the hospital, I just went to my buddies house and told him to make sure I didn't fall asleep, haha.

I've also crashed at 90+ while doing a wheelie. Only went to the hospital because an onlooker called em.

Never once,.not even a tiny bit, have I thought about hanging it up and never riding again..I've almost dies MANY times, whether it be an accident or an almost accident. I've had numerous friends die while riding, and I just won't stop.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #26
So I need to update this haha.

I installed the MBRP cat back, loud, but I like it.

Also had an issue with the Mishimoto OCC. The plastic push lock clip on the manifold broke so I had to put the stock line on. Gonna try and get a bigger hose so I can just use a clamp instead of the push fittings.

Got my Curt trailer hitch in yesterday, so gonna install that when it gets warmer.

But the next mod is gonna be a whoosh fmic with their hose kit and Mishimoto charge piping.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

Also had an issue with the Mishimoto OCC. The plastic push lock clip on the manifold broke so I had to put the stock line on. Gonna try and get a bigger hose so I can just use a clamp instead of the push fittings.

Got my Curt trailer hitch in yesterday, so gonna install that when it gets warmer.

But the next mod is gonna be a whoosh fmic with their hose kit and Mishimoto charge piping.
you can use a utility knife to cut the plastic hose off the factory PCV line
pull the connector out and just replace the Mishimoto broken connector with the OEM
do both while you're at it

Also, I appreciate your future purchase of the whoosh intercooler
when it comes to the intercooler pipes, you will not need the Mishimoto pipes if you buy the whoosh boost hose kit as it replaces all of the stock rubber intercooler hoses
or if you want the Mishimoto intercooler pipes, you will not the the whoosh boost hose kit.....just need one or the other - not both

message me if you want to discuss the parts in more detail

-Ron

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #28
you can use a utility knife to cut the plastic hose off the factory PCV line
pull the connector out and just replace the Mishimoto broken connector with the OEM
do both while you're at it

Also, I appreciate your future purchase of the whoosh intercooler
when it comes to the intercooler pipes, you will not need the Mishimoto pipes if you buy the whoosh boost hose kit as it replaces all of the stock rubber intercooler hoses
or if you want the Mishimoto intercooler pipes, you will not the the whoosh boost hose kit.....just need one or the other - not both

message me if you want to discuss the parts in more detail

-Ron
So I wouldn't have to get the $299 hard pipe Mishimoto kit if I get the IC with the hoses?

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #29
Well decided to bite the bullet early and buy the whoosh IC. Now to decide between the RamAir crossover w/ whoosh induction kit or the cp-e intake. I'm leaning towards the cp-e right now. Then I will be 100% "stage 3" and then the next mod will be the gtx2860.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #30
So I've got all the goodies I've ordered in. Haven't had time to install anything as it is either 30 degrees or it's raining cats and dogs.

Gonna start hitting up suspension and brakes soon. Gonna be going with a white line rear sway, and still deciding on what front to go with.

Decided on ST XTA coilovers for suspension.

Also probably gonna be slapping in a rear LSD after I figure out which one I want, and find the time to pull the trans out. But I don't have lots of experience on setting backlash and what not so probably gonna have to pay to get it done.

dmb

if you have kids or a wife you might want to get a big life insurance. then have at it. just a thought my 2cents bro.

Quisp

1000 Post Club

Mishimoto sent me new hoses with connectors. Lifetime limited warranty.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #36
So as you can see, I got my hitch put on and picked up my trailer, so pumped.

Also got the whoosh fmic in, but waiting to install till the couplers show up.

Installed the whoosh symposer delete BOV kit, and the whoosh hot side intercooler pipe.

Update on the car itself, it threw a P0456 code, that then changed to a P0455. MIL in, cleared the codes, filled up on fuel again (never top off), then the P0456 came back with a p144c as a kicker. I still have to stock intake so not sure why the 144c code is there.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Mishimoto sent me new hoses with connectors. Lifetime limited warranty.
Now all you have to do is worry if the Mishi crap will work, much less for a lifetime......seems people have waited a "lifetime" and still waiting for them to make their intake work and shipping "fixes" for their OCC.

What do you think of the Symposer location BOV? I've had mine on for a few weeks and dig it. Had a little trouble with loosening/removing that dang charge pipe clamp. Almost like the hose was melted on it. Ended up replacing the clamp. That thing is like a bloody mating call for other enthusiasts lol!! First night, 2 350Z's must have heard the pshhhh and weaved through traffic to catch up to me. With bald tires and an otherwise stock FiST, I smiled and waved and took my exit. Didn't want to play that day lol. Anyways, hope you dig it man!

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #39
Yea I had the same issue, seemed like that clamp had some glue.on it or something.

Now that I cut the stock pcv hose and salvaged the factory clips I gave no issues with the Mishimoto OCC.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #40
Well just ordered the UPR check valve and the white line rear sway from Ron.

Hoping the check valve helps with h my P0456/0455 P144c issue.

And it's time to start the handling upgrades.