Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Well this wasn't supposed to happen

E85 ranges from 51% Ethanol to 83%. An E50 tune allows you to have the ability to adjust for this variance and yields similar power and better gas mileage

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #102
E85 ranges from 51% Ethanol to 83%. An E50 tune allows you to have the ability to adjust for this variance and yields similar power and better gas mileage
I am well aware of what the ranges are that constitute E85.

I would rather not have to keep worrying about mixing, plus I would rather not have my fuel system tapped out on the e50 tune.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am well aware of what the ranges are that constitute E85.

I would rather not have to keep worrying about mixing, plus I would rather not have my fuel system tapped out on the e50 tune.

Just remember...if you fill on e85 and its not pure...its harder to take it out Vs. putting it in your tank realizing its purity with a gauge then using gas to adjust it to e50....Then again what does MRX330 and I know about this? Absolutely nothing......[bash]

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #104
Just remember...if you fill on e85 and its not pure...its harder to take it out Vs. putting it in your tank realizing its purity with a gauge then using gas to adjust it to e50....Then again what does MRX330 and I know about this? Absolutely nothing......[bash]
I completely understand where you're coming from, but it doesn't bother me.

It takes 2 mins to flash a different tune on if it comes down to it.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #105
Welp, I made the plunge for the S280. Next is to pick up an M Factory diff, and another trans, so I can have a separate trans done up so it'll be a simple r&r.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #106
Long time coming update.

Installed the Ksport coils, got the Ronal wheels mounted up, and just got the S280 turbo in this past Saturday. I am already working on tune revisions with Jason at Dizzy and things are going awesome.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Long time coming update.

Installed the Ksport coils, got the Ronal wheels mounted up, and just got the S280 turbo in this past Saturday. I am already working on tune revisions with Jason at Dizzy and things are going awesome.
Ronal wheels??? No way. Please post a photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those 205/40-16s are gonna approximate gearing like having a 4:30 final drive with the factory diameter setup, they are so short!

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #112
There are no issues regarding the et25 specs. It runs at full lock only because it's lowered so much, but I'm going to be raising it approx 1" and changing over to 205/45 tires.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #115
View: https://youtu.be/9zUMk3SX7Z4

Sorry, YouTube was being dumb and decided to not finish uploading the original video. Here's a new link.

Update: tune is now complete and the next steps are beginning to take shape: mountune rad, 180° t-stat, peron 4 port, and debating on getting hooked on meth.

Man I can’t wait till I pick up my s280, did you do the install yourself or have a shop do it?

Also I wonder who else in MD has it besides you.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #117
Man I can’t wait till I pick up my s280, did you do the install yourself or have a shop do it?

Also I wonder who else in MD has it besides you.

I did the install myself, and other than a snapped stud in the manifold it was pretty easy.

Almost done tuning with Jason @ DizzyTuning. I have to say I'm super impressed with the S280 and Jason. The car pulls like a freight train from 3K rpm right to the fuel cut off at 7K rpm. You can really feel the Aux-Fuel kick in at about 3500 rpm, but when I just cruising on the highway I'm still getting 37 mpg.....man I love this car!! And I'm only on 91 octane! The tune is very linear with no pulsing or issues of any kind...Thanks Jason for the great job!

wetwea33

Almost done tuning with Jason @ DizzyTuning. I have to say I'm super impressed with the S280 and Jason. The car pulls like a freight train from 3K rpm right to the fuel cut off at 7K rpm. You can really feel the Aux-Fuel kick in at about 3500 rpm, but when I just cruising on the highway I'm still getting 37 mpg.....man I love this car!! And I'm only on 91 octane! The tune is very linear with no pulsing or issues of any kind...Thanks Jason for the great job!
Idk how every gets mpg's like this. My driving is mostly around town but with my s280 with 93/aux I got ~20mpg and on e40 I get ~17-18.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk