Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Well this wasn't supposed to happen

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #161
Currently in the process of packing and organizing my stuff, as I'm moving to NH early next year. The Lil Fiesta is gonna get lots of use as a tow rig while I'm doing so.

It's still utterly reliable as all hell. It's been 17k miles since I've installed the S280 and all I've done is change the oil. I haven't checked any nuts or bolts. It still bottles my mind that I've had zero issues with it.

I love this car and definitely do not see myself getting rid of it anytime soon, if ever at all.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
There is a fairly active Facebook group for RS/ST owners in New England. It's the only reason I have FB.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #163
There is a fairly active Facebook group for RS/ST owners in New England. It's the only reason I have FB.
I'll have to check it out. I'll have plenty of down time so I'll need stuff to do when I'm not working.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I'll have to check it out. I'll have plenty of down time so I'll need stuff to do when I'm not working.

There are a bunch of opportunities for autox, track days, and car meets. The weather can put a damper on things but there is still stuff to do. A very active drag strip in Epping NH if that's your thing.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #165
There are a bunch of opportunities for autox, track days, and car meets. The weather can put a damper on things but there is still stuff to do. A very active drag strip in Epping NH if that's your thing.
I dabble in a bit of everything. That's good to hear as where I'm at in MD in 10 mins from the drag strip and 25 mins from a round course, and 25 mins from auto-x.

I already have new England dragway on my radar, but wasn't aware of any road courses or an active auto-x scene.

I'll be based out of near Manchester, NH if that matters.

I'll also be bringing my E46 along with the fiesta.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I dabble in a bit of everything. That's good to hear as where I'm at in MD in 10 mins from the drag strip and 25 mins from a round course, and 25 mins from auto-x.

I already have new England dragway on my radar, but wasn't aware of any road courses or an active auto-x scene.

I'll be based out of near Manchester, NH if that matters.

I'll also be bringing my E46 along with the fiesta.

Nice! Manchester is a good central spot. There are road courses in Loudon, Tamworth, and Canaan, all probably just under an hour from you.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #168
Nice! Manchester is a good central spot. There are road courses in Loudon, Tamworth, and Canaan, all probably just under an hour from you.
Well if there're that many options I may have to pick something up to turn into a track car, or maybe get back into track bikes.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #169
Gave the ole girl a little wash and wax today. Gotta make sure there's a good layer of protection for the winter months.

Gonna be throwing the winter wheels/tires on soon, but I'll be keeping the dekagrams close as I'm planning to attend the Refrigerator Bowl at Summit Point a few times.

kevinatfms

Gave the ole girl a little wash and wax today. Gotta make sure there's a good layer of protection for the winter months.

Gonna be throwing the winter wheels/tires on soon, but I'll be keeping the dekagrams close as I'm planning to attend the Refrigerator Bowl at Summit Point a few times.

If you sign up for the GFE events let me know. Ill come join you. I was going to take this year off but if i have another Fiesta to hang with it would be worth it. PM me and let me know. Im in Maryland also, right off 270.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #171
Well, it's settled. I shall be seeing how well the fiesta does on track.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #172
Well it was great success.

I should have gotten this thing out on a track sooner cause damn is it fun.

Already registered for the next race, next month, and I'm planning to do the races in Jan and Feb too.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #174
Are you moving north after those events, or commuting south to attend them?
Moving north after, not going be moving to NH until the 3rd week of February. Luckily the last even, in February, it the week before

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Moving north after, not going be moving to NH until the 3rd week of February. Luckily the last even, in February, it the week before

Prime snow time up here! About to put my car away until March.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #176
Prime snow time up here! About to put my car away until March.
Yep, which is why I was not thrilled when I found out that's where I was going. But I have absolutely no choice in the matter. Luckily I've got a winter set up for the Fiesta.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Yep, which is why I was not thrilled when I found out that's where I was going. But I have absolutely no choice in the matter. Luckily I've got a winter set up for the Fiesta.

Awesome once you get up here we will have to meet up in the spring.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #178
Awesome once you get up here we will have to meet up in the spring.
Definitely, there isn't a whole lot of ST related stuff down here, and what is I can't attend. But with my new job I'll have plenty of time.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #179
Just ordered some stop tech front rotors, hawk hps pads, and some ATE 200 blue fluid. Gonna be doing a full flush this weekend in preparation for the track day next month.

I had zero issues from the brakes, but 43k miles of driving on the fronts, 23k on the rears, and fluid that is over 4 years old means it's time for a refresh.

Plus it gives me a chance to install the stoptech SS lines I bought years ago.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #180
Got the new rotors, pads, and lines installed. Ran into a small snag while flusshing the fluid.

Seems my P/R caliper is on its way out. No fluid is passing through it. Gonna take the caliper apart tomorrow and try and clean it and see if that helps. I already have a new caliper on the way.

As of right now the car is down until I can get the brakes fixed, so I'm hoping I can get it fixed before the next track day.