Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 available to order?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Suppose maybe a year from now or so we see an Eco sport ST. Not sure about the demand for such a vehicle but it sure seems like something Ford could easily build if they wanted to. A couple of years ago John McElroy who has a website and TV show called autoline daily had a Ford honcho on regarding the ST development. He asked how about a C-Max or B-Max ST. Ford honcho said something along the lines of we'll see. Either way that video is a really good watch. A whole show asking how did you guys hit it so out of the park when designing the Fiesta ST.
Do you have a link to that video? I looked on that site but it didn't come up.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
My dealer contacted me this morning saying they just received "right to buy/order" the 2018 Fiesta, so I went in and ordered a 2018 Fiesta ST, magnetic, no sunroof, no nav, grey ricaro, black wheels. I'm in Canada. Didn't make sense for me to buy a 2017. Dealer wasn't willing to go below cost for something they'd have to bring in from another dealer.

I'm going to try to forget about it though... hopefully the time will pass quicker. :)

Post a pic of your order papers or it didn't happen. Seriously proof would speak a lot and if I am wrong about this I can accept it In fact I can hope they make the Blue I have wanted that they announced in Europe.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Old Video from 2013, Ford NA is on its second new head since that video was made and the One world one Ford that Allan Mullalay built has been systematically been taken apart over the last two years. Ford has actually been moving back its old pre Mullalay ways. Which were not Performance oriented or very wise. Lol

Post a pic of your order papers or it didn't happen. Seriously proof would speak a lot and if I am wrong about this I can accept it In fact I can hope they make the Blue I have wanted that they announced in Europe.
Colour choices appear to be the same as 2017.

Last edited:
OP
M
Thread Starter #27
Not familiar with Canadian prices for the ST. Do you happen to know how these prices compare to the 2017 prices? That $1750 destination charge has me saying ouch. Not that there's anything any of us can do about that stuff. I know the exchange rate has something to do with it and It's obviously farther to send it to Canada from Mexico, but almost double seems excessive.

Not familiar with Canadian prices for the ST. Do you happen to know how these prices compare to the 2017 prices? That $1750 destination charge has me saying ouch. Not that there's anything any of us can do about that stuff. I know the exchange rate has something to do with it and It's obviously farther to send it to Canada from Mexico, but almost double seems excessive.

MSPR for 2017 model was 25,948. So it increased a little bit for 2018. I guess the rear vie camera isn't free ;)

You paid the amount of the left or the right column? Do you have an ETA?

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hahahahahahahahahha dpro didn't know all........
Never said I did was just pointing out the facts that I collected and am willing to admit I might have been wrong.

Oh by the way I should add while,the build page that was no longer letting you build a 2017 Fiesta on Ford's website is now fully functional. Allowing one to build one to order and request a quote but it is still saying 2017 not 2018.
This is interesting and like I have already said I am willing to admit I can be wrong it seems like some you could not in previous discussions .

That was one of the reasons the discussions got heated. Whether or not one is right is one thing . Whether or not a person is man enough to admit they could be wrong is another. I always like to be in the camp of the latter as it's the better part of valor.

Looks like the 2017 pricing is pretty close. Destination fee is the same. There's probably exceptions, but it feels like we pay more for almost everything up here.

You paid the amount of the left or the right column? Do you have an ETA?
Rough ETA is March. I won't know what my final price is until it's at the dealer, and I find out what the current incentives are. I'm hoping I pay closer to what's on the right than on the left. ;)

They did make me pay a $1000 non-refundable deposit because I opted out of the sunroof and nav. Apparently they don't order vehicles without all the options!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Actually have you researched the Ecosport SES Trim? 2.0 AWD... sporty accents and such. Don't know if they'll have a manual trans available, but they do overseas
Yeah, I'd take it (in a manual) over ANY other CUV, but it STILL is going to be a very high center of gravity ride (even if lowered, which will defeat it's "utility"), and too massive for my needs.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I won't know what my final price is until it's at the dealer, and I find out what the current incentives are. I'm hoping I pay closer to what's on the right than on the left. ;)

They did make me pay a $1000 non-refundable deposit because I opted out of the sunroof and nav. Apparently they don't order vehicles without all the options!
My dealer made me pay a $500.00 deposit, but it was refundable if I did not want the car when it arrived.

The one word to the wise advice I would give is; IF it is at all possible, PIN THEM DOWN to the best PRE-incentive/discount/cash back/etc. price you can get them down to NOW, BEFORE the car arrives, since they assume you will be paying whatever they have on that paper, minus any of the above available discounts/etc., when it shows up.

I know this because I thought that the pre-discount/incentive price WAS STILL negotiable once an ordered car arrives, but they flat out REFUSED to 'haggle' with me (even with me taking the deposit back and walking out the door!!) on delivery day. [mad]

Bluedrank

I've been saying this for a while now, but I still fully believe that we'll get an ST200 (or similar) special edition to close out the final 2018 model year and overall Fiesta brand in North America.

me32

1000 Post Club
I've been saying this for a while now, but I still fully believe that we'll get an ST200 (or similar) special edition to close out the final 2018 model year and overall Fiesta brand in North America.
I hope they do. Cause at the end up 2018 or early 2019 I'll be at 125k or more on my st I'll be looking to get a new one for my dd.

Bluedrank

I hope they do. Cause at the end up 2018 or early 2019 I'll be at 125k or more on my st I'll be looking to get a new one for my dd.
I think a lot of guys will be in your situation. I wonder if the dealers would do a huge markup like when the Focus RS first arrived.