Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Liking, but not loving my car. What single mod "made" the car for you?

it is a good option and Powerflex is one of my favorite bushing companies to date 'but" to take full advantage of that kit, you have to press out the OEM bushing so unless you have a press at your home/shop or don't mind paying to have this fitted maybe a full replacement mount may be better suited for you. Just knowing you so far and what you've encountered up to this mount.
I have a few stock mounts I've been meaning to pre-install these kits in for a while now for a small fee. Maybe that would interest you.
Ron--Is a good size arbor press enough to press out the OEM bushing, or is a hydraulic press required? I have an arbor press that I use to press out and install cam bearings on motorcycle cam plates, but I know that some jobs require the force generated with a hydraulic press.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
Ok so just stuffing a chunk of foam into the symposer has made the car significantly better for me. I didn't realize how annoying it was until I blocked it. It was causing me not to want to drive the car, I guess because I spend all my time at the perfect RPM that the symposer was doing a weird droning sound that I couldn't quite hear but still put pressure on my eardrums.

The fiesta's 1.6 isn't a great sounding engine, but the mechanical and induction noise (injen intake) is better than that droning honking sound :|

After the holidays I'll order a proper symposer delete from whoosh.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
Amen to a chunk of foam. The sym-poser can get very annoying.
Yeah - it wasn't even the noise, it was... like, a pressure? When sitting in 10-15mph traffic I found myself yawning a lot to try and pop my ears, once I put the foam in the symposer thingy I don't get that pressure any more.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The fiesta's 1.6 isn't a great sounding engine
Due to firing order and being under-square? [dunno]

It sounds good to me with the CP-E Nexus system on it, as it would with the Thermal R&D, or many other systems as well, and the Abarth's factory system does not sound any "greater than" what I currently have (to me) to fret much about that "character".

BTW; I took the sound symposer out right on the dealer's lot when picking up the ordered car new, due to hearing about it's negatives on this site. ;)

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
Due to firing order and being under-square? [dunno]

It sounds good to me with the CP-E Nexus system on it, as it would with the Thermal R&D, or many other systems as well, and the Abarth's factory system does not sound any "greater than" what I currently have (to me) to fret much about that "character".

BTW; I took the sound symposer out right on the dealer's lot when picking up the ordered car new, due to hearing about it's negatives on this site. ;)

Yeah I know I can spend a bunch of money on aftermarket exhaust - just preferred that with the fiat I didn't have to, it sounded great from stock. And somehow, zero drone with no mufflers. It's really hard to get away with aftermarket exhaust in my area, the cops are insane about exhaust tickets, it's even on the amber alert signs ("warning loud exhaust will be ticketed"). I'll do a res delete to keep it looking as stock as possible and see if I can coax a little more bark out of it without any external cues. I'm thinking res delete with a stratified pop n crackle tune.

I think *most* (not all) modern fuel injected 4 cylinders just don't sound all that great for the most part - not like an older carbed engine with webers :p

now, it's all injector clacking lol

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
That still wouldn't give it any personality. Super clever comment though

When people actually drive the car hard it has tons of personality. But your prob so use to cruising around the abarth trying to make noise like most Harley riders....... everyone look at me make noise

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
lol a cute little yellow Abarth was messing with me today. i tried to cruise past him as nonchalant as possible, but as soon as he saw i was in a Ford STi he had to try and race me. he kept making choo choo noises in case i didn't know his car was turbo. i tried to ignore him but he kept gassing it and braking right behind me, getting close each time. when traffic opened up he went for the pass. i was already in 3rd gear at about 50mph, and he did get the jump but he never got past my door. i pulled on him hard and finally hit the brakes at about 100mph, easily 4 car lengths ahead of him and growing. poor little guy. he turned left at the next light. i guess he didn't want to get next to me. cute little cars. ;)

To me, just like the upgraded shifting from the RMM, 20mm wheel spacers made it handle that much better to. Thats only if your staying with stock suspension though. Plus it puts the rubber out to the corners for a nice stance IMO.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #55
When people actually drive the car hard it has tons of personality. But your prob so use to cruising around the abarth trying to make noise like most Harley riders....... everyone look at me make noise
no, but if thinking so makes you happy go 4 it :)

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #56
:shrug: I ran one a few times but only up to the 65mph speed limit - it was pretty much mirror to mirror, maybe the overboost made a bigger difference above that? It was just fun - I don't need to bench race, that's not why I bought either car - just a fun daily driver that I wouldn't feel guilty for hauling server equipment around in. I wouldn't have bought either as a track car.

I'm not here putting the fiesta down, I don't want to convey that idea - just asking what you all did to "spice it up".

For me, there were four things that took the car to the next level:
AP (a must, the gateway to funtown)
Tune (pick your poison)
RMM
Drop in filter

Elevated the fun-to-drive factor off the charts.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
:shrug: I ran one a few times but only up to the 65mph speed limit - it was pretty much mirror to mirror, maybe the overboost made a bigger difference above that? It was just fun - I don't need to bench race, that's not why I bought either car - just a fun daily driver that I wouldn't feel guilty for hauling server equipment around in. I wouldn't have bought either as a track car.

I'm not here putting the fiesta down, I don't want to convey that idea - just asking what you all did to "spice it up".
I'm not stock. I also have an STi.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Zissou

lol I'm still right at the beginning of the depreciation curve - it'll be prob 3 years before I look at selling.
Oh man you don't want to know what 3 years of depreciation looks like. 2014 owner here and bought new.

But he's kind of on to something - it does sound like the 500 Abarth was the car for you. The FiST is a killer car for those who like it, but just because I like it doesn't mean you will. Same goes for any car; 500, FiST, you name it.