Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Liking, but not loving my car. What single mod "made" the car for you?

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Icic. I get where your coming from a little better now. Lol what about a slingshot?

Ps. If the fist never came around I may have traded my sport in on an abarth.

The 2017 suspension is a little softer than previous years. The MP215 does not keep the warranty on the 17's. Thinking about lighter wheels, Cobb AP, and intercooler. Maybe some non 17 shocks.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Aesthetics/appearance wise (for me at least), the single biggest improvement was the aftermarket wheels and tires (gloss black Pro Race 1.2s in 17x8 42ET in my case with 215/40-17 RS-RRs on them).

Many on here may be big fans of the factory hoops, but I am most definitely NOT (albeit the black painted option is not as bad to me as the silver or Rado).
They change the whole attitude of the car, and that is one of the only places the Ford stylists/designers 'fell down' in my opinion, besides not offering a 2 passenger door option in NA. ;)

Clit,

This is my biggest fear. I own a highly modded Abarth and just bought a 17 ST. I noticed some of the stuff you mentioned on the test drive, but I had to keep reminding myself the ST is my Daily and needs to stay that way. I must do exhaust tho, pretty sure it'll get a handful of other mods aswell. Thanks for this thread, it has given me alot of useful info.

To answer the original question, my one thing would be tires. Toyo R888's accentuate what I think is the best attribute of the car - handling. The tires take the car from great to unbelievable - truly world class regardless of price.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
To answer the original question, my one thing would be tires. Toyo R888's accentuate what I think is the best attribute of the car - handling. The tires take the car from great to unbelievable - truly world class regardless of price.
What size are you running?

225/50x15's on 15x8 et35 1.2's. I run the tires year round (except for freezing temperatures).

Did you have to roll your fenders to get these tires to fit? 225's are wide and I know the Proxes run really wide (I have 205/50 RA1s on 1.2's).
Yes, a little roll in the rear and pull on the front. Now I only get a little rubbing at full lock turning left in reverse on stock springs.

After a year of owning the car, I finally installed a rear motor mount that doesn't suck.

Best upgrade to the feeling of the car. Sure there's a bit more vibration than stock, but the car finally feels sturdy. It almost felt as if I was doing something wrong when I was shifting hard, but now it's basically perfect. No more jerk when shifting in 1-2.

I installed the AWR 88a from Whoosh, I seriously recommend it. Any RMM is most certainly better than stock.

This is kinda hard question! There's lots of positive 'qualities' of the car that when incrementally improved upon don't amount to that much, overall...

Like, a nice set of wheels and tires for the job really stretch the cars useability factor. You want to go fast on a track in the summer? You can do it. Want to have control driving over ice? Sure. there's a certain momentum factor that you can use to your advantage here. Its going to help it 'feel' familiar.

Want to stand out in the crowd? Do something crazy like a double pin stripe lengthwise along the car. Tip the rear spoiler up for less than a hundred bucks. Run a white set of wheels. There's lots of options.

Want to enhance performance? Learn how to drive!!

But best 'mod' for the money goes out to the hub module that brings android auto and Apple car play to your sync 3 system, if you don't have it already.

A rmm and shift knob is pretty much given in this scenario haha

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Best mod, in my eyes, and it costs a fortune is the cpe tial exhale kit. So much sound for the money its great. Lots of fun

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I had the 2j RMM insert for three months and hated how rough it was. Never hated the stock mount till I went back to stock. Shifts are so loose and .....weird now

Waiting for a cheap used mount to come up for sale

This is kinda hard question! There's lots of positive 'qualities' of the car that when incrementally improved upon don't amount to that much, overall...

Like, a nice set of wheels and tires for the job really stretch the cars useability factor. You want to go fast on a track in the summer? You can do it. Want to have control driving over ice? Sure. there's a certain momentum factor that you can use to your advantage here. Its going to help it 'feel' familiar.

Want to stand out in the crowd? Do something crazy like a double pin stripe lengthwise along the car. Tip the rear spoiler up for less than a hundred bucks. Run a white set of wheels. There's lots of options.

Want to enhance performance? Learn how to drive!!

But best 'mod' for the money goes out to the hub module that brings android auto and Apple car play to your sync 3 system, if you don't have it already.

A rmm and shift knob is pretty much given in this scenario haha

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
The hub is only needed for iPhones.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I had the 2j RMM insert for three months and hated how rough it was. Never hated the stock mount till I went back to stock. Shifts are so loose and .....weird now

Waiting for a cheap used mount to come up for sale
If you read enough engine mount threads and build threads here you will discover some long time owners have figured out that engine mount sloppiness is partly down to not being properly aligned and preloaded at the factory. Some forum members have found that when the put there car up with a jack under the trans to preload the mount before tightening it made all the difference in the world with the factory mount in fact Koozy talks about it in his build thread If I recall conprectly.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The hub is only needed for iPhones.
How is it that everyone else manages to charge and communicate using standardized software and equipment that doesn't require special modifications and uber-expensive royalty payments? 2-3x the price and all these special requirements yet Apple products still suffer from most of the same problems as their competition. Regarding the Applegate Phone Scandal, rather than just issue a firmware update to quit under-clocking them and after changing their story a couple of times, they start telling folks they have to pay $30 to replace the battery? People have reported that their phone batteries were good yet their phone was under-clocked anyway. What's the real reason? Did they have their own problems with battery fires that reducing power-draw prevents?