Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Getting warranty work on paint

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I have had the same paint chipping between the hatch and the door handle trim piece.
When I first noticed it before winter around 5,000 miles, I decided to leave it alone till recently.
At first I was gonna bring it to the dealer, but then figured I would just do it myself, since dealerships often do more damage than good.
When I took the trim piece off, one side chipped all the way to bare metal. I cleaned it up, touched it up with some special epoxy primer and then touch up paint, and then some 3M ppf strips. I even sanded down the sharp edges off of the trim (probably a mistake to do)
Problem is, one side didn't come out too good, and now I'm worried about future rust issues.

You guys think that the dealer would deny my now, seeing what I did, or would they fix it, knowing it's a known issue?

My other option was to buy a junkyard hatch in my color. They can be had for not too much actually. But then, it would probably have the same issue, idk.

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros