Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SPEC-D Tuning LED Tail Lights now available at whoosh motorsports

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

So save a little money, have none of the support that Ron provides and if there's an issue have fun going through eBay and what not. Or support a kickass vendor [cool]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #83
I would like tot know what are the main difference between the sold ones by Whoosh and those found it in eBay?

Looks like the same :(
Not sure if they are the same or not
I purchase my light sets directly from Spec-D so they are actual Spec-D brand
We can’t compete with EBay price but I can tell you I’ve already helped a few Fiesta owners that purchased light sets from other sources that could not disassemble the connector as shown in the write ups here due to the manufacturing and brand differences between eBay and no-brand lights vs Spec-D
Either way you go we will help you out with your purchase

Not sure if they are the same or not
I purchase my light sets directly from Spec-D so they are actual Spec-D brand
We can’t compete with EBay price but I can tell you I’ve already helped a few Fiesta owners that purchased light sets from other sources that could not disassemble the connector as shown in the write ups here due to the manufacturing and brand differences between eBay and no-brand lights vs Spec-D
Either way you go we will help you out with your purchase
Got your point. Could you rewire the tail lights before shipping?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got your point. Could you rewire the tail lights before shipping?
There's a thread on doing this that I wrote....Take some initiative and DIY it. Strive everyday to learn something new or just go drink Brawndo....its got electrolyte in it.

There's a thread on doing this that I wrote....Take some initiative and DIY it. Strive everyday to learn something new or just go drink Brawndo....its got electrolyte in it.
I know. The point is that he could offer that “service” and justify the price change between Ron vs eBay Sellers. Going further!

What do you think guys, Black ST with Smoke tail lights or red/smoke ? { Iwill pull the trigger soon [emoji4] }

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #92
all 3 colors have their place
depends what color FiST you have

I'm working on a 4th color by the way......

TL;DR: Quality, finish, and fitment is excellent. Looks sick on my car. Price is well worth it for me.

I re-pinned wires last night and installed this morning (didn't want to deal w/ the TX summer heat last night). I had no problems getting them flushed. I located the load resister right next to the wire connector. I didn't feel comfortable taping to the light housing itself because of summer heat.

Other thing is it's made in Taiwan and not China. I've had better lucks with stuff made in Taiwan. PowerTorque tools I get from O'Reillys are all made in Taiwan and never had an issue (knock on wood).

I might go back and put some clear silicone around the rubber grommet since I've been reading condensation problem is a hit or miss. Just to be safe.

fiesta st spec-d tail lights.jpg

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #94
TL;DR: Quality, finish, and fitment is excellent. Looks sick on my car. Price is well worth it for me.

I re-pinned wires last night and installed this morning (didn't want to deal w/ the TX summer heat last night). I had no problems getting them flushed. I located the load resister right next to the wire connector. I didn't feel comfortable taping to the light housing itself because of summer heat.

Other thing is it's made in Taiwan and not China. I've had better lucks with stuff made in Taiwan. PowerTorque tools I get from O'Reillys are all made in Taiwan and never had an issue (knock on wood).

I might go back and put some clear silicone around the rubber grommet since I've been reading condensation problem is a hit or miss. Just to be safe.

View attachment 17846
great post!
I agree - looks great!

HBEcoBeaST

So glad I found this thread. I was about to destroy my connectors or wires trying to re pin these things.

Off to get a sewing needle!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So glad I found this thread. I was about to destroy my connectors or wires trying to re pin these things.

Off to get a sewing needle!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Better off get a pick & hook set from Lowe's. I tried the sewing needle and cursed a lot.

Counting from left... use the hook (third) to pry the inner white piece out. Use needle (first), stick it in to hold it down, pull the wire out.

pick hook set.jpg

XanRules

View attachment 17846
Man, smoked looks GOOD on magnetic.

all 3 colors have their place
depends what color FiST you have

I'm working on a 4th color by the way......
4th color? Oooooo me likely. I might have to hold off till the new color is announced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Better off get a pick & hook set from Lowe's. I tried the sewing needle and cursed a lot.

Counting from left... use the hook (third) to pry the inner white piece out. Use needle (first), stick it in to hold it down, pull the wire out.

View attachment 17852
Picks are too big...a sewing needle is used as to NOT mar the connector up or break it. I have a whole thread on the way to use the sewing needle also...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Trying to debate if I want Smoked red, smoked, or wait for the 4th color.