Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear passenger caliper crapped out?

Well the rear inner pad was totally gone lol Ford wants $105 for the pads!!!!!!!!!! buhahhahhahha and 65 for the rotors? WTF? Either way they don't have them in stock wtf again?
If the inner pad is worn before the outer there is definitely a problem with your caliper. Replace it or figure out what’s wrong with it before you put new pads and rotors and go through the same thing twice. I would check if the piston in the caliper is going back in properly. Could be a piston boot(inner seal) issue that’s causing it to stay out and pushing against the pad causing premature wear. Bring it to ford and tell them your rear caliper piston is sticking and they’ll have to take it all apart under warranty and check it.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Should be able to find stock rear pads for like 1/2 that and I'd just go aftermarket rotors and will be 1/2 that price also.

OP
D
Thread Starter #23
If the inner pad is worn before the outer there is definitely a problem with your caliper. Replace it or figure out what’s wrong with it before you put new pads and rotors and go through the same thing twice. I would check if the piston in the caliper is going back in properly. Could be a piston boot(inner seal) issue that’s causing it to stay out and pushing against the pad causing premature wear. Bring it to ford and tell them your rear caliper piston is sticking and they’ll have to take it all apart under warranty and check it.
I don't have time do do it and it wasn't derivable. I spent 1/2 day running for my shop of my days off and 1/2 tracking down the parts today. I'd put the piston back in and see what happens.

Last edited:
OP
D
Thread Starter #24
Well caliper seems fine there was some dragging noise on that side but once I changed the other side and took it for a drive can't hear any more dragging, mind you I got winter tires on and they make some noise but seems ok. One slider pin on each wheel was stuck but came out and after greasing seems to move in and out fine.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Sometimes people just leave the e-brake on.