Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

15mm wheel spacers

I am wanting to run 15mm wheel spacers on my car These Specifically.

I am running 16x7 assetto gara's right now and they sit a bit too far in for my liking, is there any modifications to the hubs needed to use spacers like these?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Personally I don't believe in that type of wheel spacer.
I use the H&R type and change the studs on the OEM hubs, I just think they are safer.

Many will say that you shouldn't use any spacers.

+1 for the H&R spacers, I have been using them paired with APR studs for a year without any issue! What is the offset of your Sparcos, are they same or similar to stock wheels (-47.5mm)?

OP
NexusPaul
Thread Starter #5
+1 for the H&R spacers, I have been using them paired with APR studs for a year without any issue! What is the offset of your Sparcos, are they same or similar to stock wheels (-47.5mm)?
They are 42mm offset, so they are a bit farther out than stock anyways but not quite where i want them.

They are 42mm offset, so they are a bit farther out than stock anyways but not quite where i want them.
You are going to run into uses with a 15mm spacer then. -42+15=-27 effective offset. That is very aggressive and will rub. 10mm spacer would be best to get the flush appearance without rubbing (depending on the size of your tires).

OP
NexusPaul
Thread Starter #7
You are going to run into uses with a 15mm spacer then. -42+15=-27 effective offset. That is very aggressive and will rub. 10mm spacer would be best to get the flush appearance without rubbing (depending on the size of your tires).
I will look into 10mm. thanks!
I am on 16s with 205-45-16 tires currently.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
With only a 10mm H&R style spacer, you should not need to change the wheel studs.
However, I do like the ARP studs, but I do believe the H&R spacers come with studs.

V_2

I am running 10mm spacers with my 16x7 42mm offset assetto garas. Not sure what brand, exactly, but they are hubcentric and I am using the OEM wheel studs. I admit that I would like my lug nuts to have a few more threads to grab on, but it's solid.

Just a hair bit of outside tire rubbing on heavy compression during a tight turn (large bump when maneuvering an onramp cloverleaf, for example). But I am also pretty low, as you know.

OP
NexusPaul
Thread Starter #12
I am running 10mm spacers with my 16x7 42mm offset assetto garas. Not sure what brand, exactly, but they are hubcentric and I am using the OEM wheel studs. I admit that I would like my lug nuts to have a few more threads to grab on, but it's solid.

Just a hair bit of outside tire rubbing on heavy compression during a tight turn (large bump when maneuvering an onramp cloverleaf, for example). But I am also pretty low, as you know.
Yeah your car sits really well! I'm gonna look into those spacers!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have used a very similar spacer on my Typhoon for the rear wheels as the factory wheels were offset different from front to back. If you used another type of wheel the Rears would be sucked in a little more. They work great and have held up just fine for many many Boost launches! [party]

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Okay, I know, I know, search more.
I just wanted a quick, general answer for now.

I'm picking up some 16×6.5 SVT wheels tomorrow morning. They are 49.5 offset, so I was thinking a 5mm spacer. Never used spacers before. I see they are not recommended. Even at that thin?

The seller said to get some "reinforced" lug nuts. I currently have black locking, splined gorilla nuts and want to keep using them.

If the cost to get longer ones isn't bad. I'll do that. This will be next year anyway.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club

I'm picking up some 16×6.5 SVT wheels tomorrow morning. They are 49.5 offset, so I was thinking a 5mm spacer. Never used spacers before. I see they are not recommended. Even at that thin?

The seller said to get some "reinforced" lug nuts. I currently have black locking, splined gorilla nuts and want to keep using them.

If the cost to get longer ones isn't bad. I'll do that. This will be next year anyway.

Non hub-centric spacers are not recommended for hard driving.
I'm sure the more knowledgeable guys will chime in.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Oh yeah, that I know. I neglected to say the bore is identical. 63.4. Do spacers have specific bores or can I run rings that make up for it?

Found them...
H&R TRAK+ DRS WHEEL SPACER - 4X108 - 5MM
SKU: 10346331
by: H&R. $68.95

Last edited:

Mikey456

I’m running 5mm H&R wheel spacers on the rear stock wheels for awhile. The studs they provided are the same length as stock so I’m still running the stock studs. If I remember correctly I’m getting 6 turns instead of 8 turns when tightening. I do notice more stability in faster turns due to the increase in track. I definitely thinks it looks better on a lower car. Worth it for me. I personally would not go any bigger than 5mm without going to longer studs.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
When I bought wheels for my Volvo, the longest lug studs had about 4 or 5 turns max. I never had an issue. Lucky? idk. I bought the wheels and posted in a new thread.