Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

STay Tuned: Ford to Introduce New ST

Guess the ST!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The EcoSport got the most votes, and it makes sense. It already comes with the 1 liter turbo or the 2 liter. It weighs about the same as a Focus. Stick the Focus ST motor in there, with all the other sporty bits, and you'd have a jolly little CUV.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Do you think the V6 would fit in the Escape? I suspect Mountune will jump on the Edge......335 stock up to about 365-370Hp. But still, I have no desire for an SUV! As to the ST moniker, it will carry on in the SUVs and maybe next year the Fusion Sport will get the ST treatment. Now that we would buy for my wife who also has no use for SUVs.
NOT sure on the fitment, but IF they could do it, [burnout].

I ALSO have NO need, nor desire for any SUV/CUV, but since that seems to be the ONLY thing that they are hellbent on building anymore, I brought the 'Escape ST' up. ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The EcoSport got the most votes, and it makes sense. It already comes with the 1 liter turbo or the 2 liter. It weighs about the same as a Focus. Stick the Focus ST motor in there, with all the other sporty bits, and you'd have a jolly little CUV.
ST or RS/EB Stang engine, with a MANUAL and AWD, and they would have something! [driving]

The Edge is just another big over weight SUV, with more power...ho hum. I laugh when they say handling and SUV in the same sentence. Like saying you have a sweet handling semi truck. To call it an ST is insulting to what ST stands for.

If you are in the market for big over weight SUV's, might as well jump on the supercharged 707 horsepower Chrysler Cherokee if you are interested in these abortions on wheels.

But I am sure they will sell just like 'Sport' minivans did in their heyday.

There is a project manager for another contractor at the facility I’m working at that is shopping for his retirement ride. He test drove a BMW X5M, when I asked him how was it he said “I never got the hot SUV thing, but now I get it”. Not the same market obviously, but it’s a larger market than hot hatches by a massive margin. I’m glad Ford is still willing to ST all the things, but I’m disappointed that they are killing the one that brought us here.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There is a project manager for another contractor at the facility I’m working at that is shopping for his retirement ride. He test drove a BMW X5M, when I asked him how was it he said “I never got the hot SUV thing, but now I get it”. Not the same market obviously, but it’s a larger market than hot hatches by a massive margin. I’m glad Ford is still willing to ST all the things, but I’m disappointed that they are killing the one that brought us here.

NOT that I'd ever buy one myself (STILL WAY TOO BIG, HEAVY, and high cg/'tippy' for me!), but the EcoSport, with the 2.3 RS/EcoBoost Stang power/drive train (including an available manual!), and a slightly lowered and tuned/adjustable suspension, would be cool.

But of course there is NO market here whatsoever in the land of YUUUUGE is not big enough, so it will never ever happen. [:(]

NOT that I'd ever buy one myself (STILL WAY TOO BIG, HEAVY, and high cg/'tippy' for me!), but the EcoSport, with the 2.3 RS/EcoBoost Stang power/drive train (including an available manual!), and a slightly lowered and tuned/adjustable suspension, would be cool.

But of course there is NO market here whatsoever in the land of YUUUUGE is not big enough, so it will never ever happen. [:(]
With long travel suspenders, Baja style...

Recently i've read an article about a 2019 Fiesta RS. If they produce it, maybe there will a Ka+ ST, that replace the FiST...

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
A Fiesta RS would be the the ultimate for me. I loved my Subaru Justy because of the 4WD. That little car could do amazing things in snow. An AWD Fiesta would be my holy grail.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
A Fiesta RS would be the the ultimate for me. I loved my Subaru Justy because of the 4WD. That little car could do amazing things in snow. An AWD Fiesta would be my holy grail.
SAME HERE, but sadly IF (and it's a one in a trillion IF [:(]) they produce one, even in Europe/R.O.W., WE will never get it over here, since it's not an SUV/CUV. [mad] [sadpanda]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Honestly, I wouldn't pay the 45k price tag on a Fiesta RS. But 298hp behind a light weight, all wheel drive vehicle would be a blast. Now I'm reconsidering the initial statement. [cheerleader]

Then I have to remind myself again, it will never come close to the motorcycle. Whoa baby... [ridinghorse]

Honestly, I wouldn't pay the 45k price tag on a Fiesta RS. But 298hp behind a light weight, all wheel drive vehicle would be a blast. Now I'm reconsidering the initial statement. [cheerleader]

Then I have to remind myself again, it will never come close to the motorcycle. Whoa baby... [ridinghorse]
If they did make one I doubt it would be 45k, I would think mid 30's since at 45k it would be the close to the same price as the Foxus RS and they would cannibalize sales off one another.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Agreed. But consider that the two-wheel LSD 300hp Civic Type-R is based at 35k. Adding all-wheel has to bring it up from there?

I think that the price is a problem.
You can buy a WRX (here) for 43K €. Why i'm going to buy a Fiesta RS for less than 10k?
I mean...i bought the ST for the fun that derive from it: the FWD, lightweight and a reasonably power.

Like a few people, a Fiesta RS would be a freaking blast and I don't think it would be THAT expensive. To compare the cars here in Canadian dollars: the Focus RS is 50k (fully equip), the Focus ST is 33k (fully equip) and a Fiesta ST is about 26k (no sunroof and no nav but optional, otherwise fully equip). I believe a Fiesta RS would sit around 37k.

Now the problem is that we'll still get people saying "but why would you pay 37k for a FIESTA!?". Those people are dumb, but there are other people out there that listens to it. They are missing the point that it's basically Fiesta in name and platform only and everything else is very different.

I would love to see a production AWD Fiesta, but in the meantime I will do tons of research and hope that we can somehow take the EcoSport AWD and plug it in the FiST... and maybe put a RS differential in it while we're there...

The Ecosport AWD system will likely be a part time one, as opposed to the fun locking centre diff type. The Focus RS wasn’t AWD until the current one, and apparently was stupid fun to rip in. So, there is room for a Fiesta RS that is still fwd. It would (and should) retain the ridiculous nature of the FiST but with more of the ridiculous.

Ford Community Posts