Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

STay Tuned: Ford to Introduce New ST

Guess the ST!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^That (extra 'ridiculous') power is STILL transferring off of the driven wheels during standing start (or even moving) straight line acceleration, as well as corner exits by keeping it FWD. [:(]

^^^That (extra 'ridiculous') power is STILL transferring off of the driven wheels during standing start (or even moving) straight line acceleration, as well as corner exits by keeping it FWD. [:(]
https://www.motorauthority.com/news...le-suspension-and-quaife-lsd-for-the-focus-rs

Ford could even adapt the current Fiesta platform quite easily. Keeps things relatively cheap, light, and grippy. Add 60 ponies, using a moderately larger turbo, which would give the power mad some more room to make silly boost levels.

Or, make it RWD...

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yup, I am fully aware of the critical rants and raves about the engineering and final performance results of the LAST gen RS. [wink]

I STILL like power going to the rear wheels as well as the front, and it CAN be done without adding 500+ pounds of mass.
(I guess I was never a big fan of FWD, unlike so many on here who came from the Honda/etc. ranks, let alone BIG numbers going to the FRONT wheels ONLY, yes, even if it can be made to 'work'.)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Only rear wheel drive vehicle I've owned, would be bicycle, and motorcycle. [biggrin]

From a practical sense, (snow for one example,) front wheel is better. But from a pure racing perspective, inertial forces appear to help plant those rear tires.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
From an ALL conditions practical sense (given of course, the proper tires for those conditions/uses), AWD makes the most sense.

Yes, of course one then does pay for it being there all of the time with reduced fuel mileage, and more mass.

The Ecosport AWD system will likely be a part time one, as opposed to the fun locking centre diff type. The Focus RS wasn’t AWD until the current one, and apparently was stupid fun to rip in. So, there is room for a Fiesta RS that is still fwd. It would (and should) retain the ridiculous nature of the FiST but with more of the ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni
I think that even a part time AWD would be better than no AWD. Anyway if it's eventually possible to do an AWD conversion for less than my annual salary, it's still going to be the last thing I do on this car. Bigger tires, better suspension and LSD are all cheaper ways to improve traction that has to be done before looking at AWD.

I'd love my small rocket to be faster than my friend R32 GTR, but I don't think that FWD will make it possible...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that actually would have liked a Transit Connect ST? I mean, it'd be a delivery van that can stomp, that'd be pretty fantastic to convert and use as a caravan.