Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2019 Ford Edge ST is here

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Edge ST Forum

They give us a performance SUV but take away our beloved FiSt. More proof that the SUV is truly taking over the world. The square exhaust tips are a bit corny but overall I like it tho lol

... So when work began about two and a half years ago on updating the Edge, the plans grew to include a performance version worthy of ST badging. The Ford Performance team added horsepower to the 2.7-liter V-6 EcoBoost engine, taking it to 335 hp from 315 in the 2017 Edge Sport. Torque is a healthy 380 lb-ft with standard all-wheel drive to handle it. Fuel economy numbers are not out yet, but the 2017 Edge Sport with this engine is rated at 17/24 mpg city/highway...

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/edge/2019/2019-ford-edge-st-first-look-review/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Did I miss the pricing?
I don't think pricing is out, but I read it would probably be slightly more than the highest trim level (around $40k I think) so I'm guessing our piddly piggy banks weren't enough to keep the FiST alive, they needed to jump up a few tax brackets lol

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Why though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad thing is theyll probably sell more of these than they did FiSTs
They'll sell hand over FiST. Get it?! waka wakaaa

Because according to automotive media, b-segment and sedan sales are in a free fall. That is until gas prices shoot up again and then we'll be heroes [grinking] But all jokes aside, as a father of two teenagers with one in college, an SUV does make life easier.

My wife and i keep kicking around the idea of a second FiST but then we use our Mazda5 for something the FiST can't do and we're reminded that we can't get away from needing a larger car. The only other players in the "performance" SUV realm are priced waaaaay out of my range and mean i won't even have my cake, much less eat it...

An Edge ST puts this at a price point that means i can have my cake in the first place. So, it gives guys like me an affordable option that isn't total soccer-mom-mobile. It's all about price point and i think they've got the only option in that class right now. The Jeep with the hemi is double. The Durango SRT thing is sexy af... and double. And forget the German options!

They'll sell hand over FiST. Get it?! waka wakaaa

Because according to automotive media, b-segment and sedan sales are in a free fall. That is until gas prices shoot up again and then we'll be heroes [grinking] But all jokes aside, as a father of two teenagers with one in college, an SUV does make life easier.

My wife and i keep kicking around the idea of a second FiST but then we use our Mazda5 for something the FiST can't do and we're reminded that we can't get away from needing a larger car. The only other players in the "performance" SUV realm are priced waaaaay out of my range and mean i won't even have my cake, much less eat it...

An Edge ST puts this at a price point that means i can have my cake in the first place. So, it gives guys like me an affordable option that isn't total soccer-mom-mobile. It's all about price point and i think they've got the only option in that class right now. The Jeep with the hemi is double. The Durango SRT thing is sexy af... and double. And forget the German options!
So true. Price is going to be huge though. Hopefully its semi affordable [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
It will never compete with the srt 8 durango I don't think. But food for thought..... what about an edge rs with the 3.5 and a 10 speed? Huh huh what ya think?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
It will never compete with the srt 8 durango I don't think. But food for thought..... what about an edge rs with the 3.5 and a 10 speed? Huh huh what ya think?

I feel like Ford dropped the ball. They could’ve done the Fiesta RS fairly easy. Just use a FoST engine, AWD, RS badging on the same seats, etc. Just make the seats blue & black instead of orange & grey.

Ugh, good that they are building it, buuuut... at the expense of the Fiesta, it’s a bummer. Lots of people are suggesting the Transit Connect would’ve made a better ST, it would’ve been unexpected. EcoST? I almost would be tempted.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #15

That'd be going to far imo. Lol The ST is attractive to me because it's not some 10 mpg HP overkill monster like the others.

With the 8 speed and a tender right foot you might even see 28 mpg on the highway in the ST.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
A fiesta rs would be too close to a focus st3 price point. Alot of people buy the fost because it's faster. Fiesta rs 30k focus st3 27 or so. They are keeping the fost so why make a car to compete with another car that ford makes.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
A fiesta rs would be too close to a focus st3 price point. Alot of people buy the fost because it's faster. Fiesta rs 30k focus st3 27 or so. They are keeping the fost so why make a car to compete with another car that ford makes.

Base FoSTs can be had for 20k, so think it wouldn’t have intruded the FoST price-point, but yeah, still irrelevant.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #20
Sadly no, the focus and fiesta are both on the smaller escape chassis.
Actually the fiesta is on a chassis shared with the Mazda 2 which they also use for the tiny lil cx-3.

And a fiesta rs would dominate the world. Just sayin :)