Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spec-D Aftermarket Tail Lights?

Well I've had these lights for a few weeks now and I'm not the only one to have the same issue. Lights still work great but I am having a huge condensation/water build up on the right side housing. It started off small but after every rainfall there is about a small bottles worth of water I have to pour out of the light. I have been going back and forth with another member on a fix but it looks like water is seeping in through the hole where the harness comes out of. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. The condensation makes them look pretty awful.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Well I've had these lights for a few weeks now and I'm not the only one to have the same issue. Lights still work great but I am having a huge condensation/water build up on the right side housing. It started off small but after every rainfall there is about a small bottles worth of water I have to pour out of the light. I have been going back and forth with another member on a fix but it looks like water is seeping in through the hole where the harness comes out of. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. The condensation makes them look pretty awful.
My fear has been realized

I thought it may drip in from the top and run down the light frame and leak into the housing from what I saw during my install, Id advise some clear silicone or caulk to the rubber grommet. Replace the Reverse with LED anyway since the other lights are not serviceable anyway right? :)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I thought it may drip in from the top and run down the light frame and leak into the housing from what I saw during my install, Id advise some clear silicone or caulk to the rubber grommet. Replace the Reverse with LED anyway since the other lights are not serviceable anyway right? :)
Correct....it's an 1156 I do believe with these....I got a LED that is totally perfect that makes the backup/reverse lights work as they were intended!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I've solved the moisture issue...FYI....contact me if necessary

What was your solution? I do like the look of these over the OEM euro ones but I don't want to deal with any type of fogging or moisture as I have in the past with tail lights lol.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What was your solution? I do like the look of these over the OEM euro ones but I don't want to deal with any type of fogging or moisture as I have in the past with tail lights lol.
Please Contact me via Pm and we will chat...too anyone who has any questions just pm me and then we can exchange numbers so I can help you and avoid the PM'ING game! [phonecall]

Please Contact me via Pm and we will chat...too anyone who has any questions just pm me and then we can exchange numbers so I can help you and avoid the PM'ING game! [phonecall]
I have send you a PM, since 18 hours or more I guess NO ANSWER. What’s the point of doing private this useful tip!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have send you a PM, since 18 hours or more I guess NO ANSWER. What’s the point of doing private this useful tip!
I just sent you a Response with my number....I just had done a 24 hr day between my two jobs. I average 70hrs a week sometimes more....cut a brotha some Slack DAM DAWG!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Why does it have to be a secret? lol
It's easier to talk via phone than Pm....I'm gonna go and shoot pics today then ya nancy...I'll create a how too then also...cripes.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I just sent you a Response with my number....I just had done a 24 hr day between my two jobs. I average 70hrs a week sometimes more....cut a brotha some Slack DAM DAWG!
You are a special kind of crazy to work like that. I did 70 hour weeks for a year when I was 18, before I left for Basic training never again.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You are a special kind of crazy to work like that. I did 70 hour weeks for a year when I was 18, before I left for Basic training never again.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Been doing it for years....I'm about to do a gasket write up for the spec-d lights...so everyone hold onto your panties....

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’m waiting your DIY before buying the LED Lights.
It's coming today after I get off work...I promise! I have to take my light out and show you how....here's the link on Amazon for the exact High density adhesive foam...you will need this and adhesive remover also to clean off the old foam that had adhesive on it from the housing.

Black Self-stick Adhesive 10" x 10" EVA High Density Foam Sheets (5 Pack) 3mm by Strong Back Crafts- for canoe & kayak seats & traction pads, dog traction for cars, scrapbooking, arm & wrist rests https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0736HZTZK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_YgwhBbX92VJ8G

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
this thread seems to be helpful but in all honesty it doesn't really represent the 99.9% of owners that have no issue.
I'm not going to give out sales figures but I've literally had 2 legitimate warranty claims since I've been selling the SPEC-D lights. One being TyphoonFiST who did not want to send them back for replacement for his personal reasons and the other was unfortunately past the 90 day warranty period.
I'm very open and honest with information about the parts we offer. If these LED Tails were trouble and I was constantly handling returns and complaints I'd pull them off the site quicker than it took to write this....

-Ron