Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I moneyshifted my 2015 ST

OP
Arcthum
Thread Starter #21
Update:
I’m noticing a lot of white smoke from my FiST. It isn’t a cold engine because after 5 minutes of driving, when I park the exhaust still produces this thin but plentiful white smoke. The temp reading on the cluster says it’s warmed up. Blown head gasket perhaps??

felopr

Update:
I’m noticing a lot of white smoke from my FiST. It isn’t a cold engine because after 5 minutes of driving, when I park the exhaust still produces this thin but plentiful white smoke. The temp reading on the cluster says it’s warmed up. Blown head gasket perhaps??
Coolant levels?

OP
Arcthum
Thread Starter #23
I'll check in the morning. There isn't a coolant level display on the cluster, is there?

felopr

In the most resent year models i am pretty sure there is like a low coolant sensor but not on the early year models

Intuit

3000 Post Club
If you've been doing a lot of "short" trips there is probably a build up of water in the exhaust. There's no easy way to burn this off, especially in cool weather. Like it takes time to store it up, it takes time (and a change in habits + weather) to get rid of it.

Re Alexrex20's taking off in first (3.727* ratio) gear vs second (2.098* ratio), this is not necessarily lugging the engine. Technically you could take off in an even higher gear if desired. You compensate by slipping at higher RPMs and for a longer period. The more RPMs you use, the hotter you run the clutch. The hotter you run the clutch, the more potential wear you face.

* ratios may be incorrect for this transmission

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I don't go past maybe 1500rpm when I start in 2nd gear. Just takes finesse on the pedals. Hell, sometimes I'll start in 3rd gear on accident. It's a little jerky and it takes a bit more rpm and clutch but I just hit it with my purse and it gets rolling.

Update:
It's probably steam which is normal in cold weather. Look at the other cars around your and see if some of them are also "smoking."

OP
Arcthum
Thread Starter #28

Coolant levels seems kinda low? But I did kinda notice that after a five minute engine warm-up, then a ten monite trip, the white smoke or vapor did kinda subside.

OP
Arcthum
Thread Starter #31
After two months of being mindful of anything, from the harmless vapor of my exhaust, to even the water evaporating from outside my radiator(from a little bit of water from the car wash), I am now at peace. It seems that all I did was sadly shorten the life of my clutch, but more or less, that's it. Is there a way to delete this thread? It pains me to remember that night. Haha [duh]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
At least you didn't mistake the R on the Shifter for Racing....while in forward motion!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk