Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stage 1 tune comparison

So you are FBO minus downpipe upgrade? For some reason I'd expect you to be closer to 220whp on e30, but maybe those other dyno's were bullshit, heh...
His numbers are a little low compared to others that are posted, but I wouldn't get too hung up on vDyno results. If anything, comparing the different files on the same vDyno is where the value lies. I'll try to dig up my comparison vDyno of the Dizzy tunes between 93 octane and e30. This is for the V1 tunes. Mods are Depo IC, DV+, MBRP Hotside, and CPE intake.

Here is 3rd gear 93 and 3rd gear E30

Here is 3rd gear 93, 4th gear 93, and 3rd gear E30

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #163
This is what is was getting at earlier, location, time of year, fuel quality all play a significant role in the vdyno results. The road used will make a huge difference. Like [MENTION=7743]Speedboosted[/MENTION] stated vdyno is best used for tune comparison on the same vehicle in the same conditions and location.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
His numbers are a little low compared to others that are posted, but I wouldn't get too hung up on vDyno results. If anything, comparing the different files on the same vDyno is where the value lies.
This is what is was getting at earlier, location, time of year, fuel quality all play a significant role in the vdyno results. The road used will make a huge difference. Like [MENTION=7743]Speedboosted[/MENTION] stated vdyno is best used for tune comparison on the same vehicle in the same conditions and location.
I left out the pics for space consideration, but definitely understand where you guys are coming from, I'm just used to seeing results more like [MENTION=7743]Speedboosted[/MENTION] posted, but I understand the concept of mainly using vDyno to compare 2 tunes... it's interesting to me to feel such differences in Dizzy and Stratified, running both as their latest version flash versions with no datalog adjustments yet. It's so strange to feel one as much more smooth, but still strong with the car pulling to upper RPM's better than the Stratified that feels twitchy and spazzy comparatively, and seems to hit harder lower but not pull as smooth up top either. Definitely "feels" far more different than the vDyno shows between the 2, so there is a good example right there how there is far more than dyno's to go by! :)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
His numbers are a little low compared to others that are posted, but I wouldn't get too hung up on vDyno results. If anything, comparing the different files on the same vDyno is where the value lies.
I left out the pics for space consideration, but definitely understand where you guys are coming from, I'm just used to seeing results more like [MENTION=7743]Speedboosted[/MENTION] posted, but I understand the concept of mainly using vDyno to compare 2 tunes... it's interesting to me to feel such differences in Dizzy and Stratified, running both as their latest version flash versions with no datalog adjustments yet. It's so strange to feel one as much more smooth, but still strong with the car pulling to upper RPM's better than the Stratified that feels twitchy and spazzy comparatively, and seems to hit harder lower but not pull as smooth up top either. Definitely "feels" far more different than the vDyno shows between the 2, so there is a good example right there how there is far more than dyno's to go by! :)

How did you plot AFR and Boost at the bottom? It was recorded on my log.

Do you have a vDyno of your two pump gas tunes? When this tank of E30 is gone I think I'll put some pump gas back in, load up the Stratified V3.1 93, and see how it comapres. Will also compare the Dizzy V2 93 and E30. Going to have lines everywhere haha

danbfree

3000 Post Club
His numbers are a little low compared to others that are posted, but I wouldn't get too hung up on vDyno results. If anything, comparing the different files on the same vDyno is where the value lies. I'll try to dig up my comparison vDyno of the Dizzy tunes between 93 octane and e30. This is for the V1 tunes. Mods are Depo IC, DV+, MBRP Hotside, and CPE intake.

Here is 3rd gear 93 and 3rd gear E30

Here is 3rd gear 93, 4th gear 93, and 3rd gear E30
Do you have a vDyno of your two pump gas tunes? When this tank of E30 is gone I think I'll put some pump gas back in, load up the Stratified V3.1 93, and see how it comapres. Will also compare the Dizzy V2 93 and E30. Going to have lines everywhere haha
Life has been throwing me curve balls left and right these days, but I will get out there soon to get some datalogs in, I need to for my free review for Dizzy anyway. I have country roads very close to me so I should be able to get some good 3rd gears pulls of each and run vDyno. I'm curious myself now!

idk I just loaded my e30 tune through Dizzy and not feeling much of a difference from 93 Stratified. Maybe I'll drive it for a few weeks and get some logs in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #170
Were you running the Stratified V4 high torque? As you can see in my polt on post 153 my E30 V4 high torque stratified and E30 V2 Dizzy were very similar. The major difference that I noticed is the Stratified felt more raw where the Dizzy is very smooth.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
idk I just loaded my e30 tune through Dizzy and not feeling much of a difference from 93 Stratified. Maybe I'll drive it for a few weeks and get some logs in.
Strange, I made the same move, from Strat V4 93 to Dizzy e30, but with Dizzy 93 in between, but Dizzy e30 just blows away any 93 tune I've ever ran... to summarize the charts, it's a full 20 HP and anearly 50 torque more just running e30 over 93 and just spins my tires like mad in Sport mode LOL!

Strange, I made the same move, from Strat V4 93 to Dizzy e30, but with Dizzy 93 in between, but Dizzy e30 just blows away any 93 tune I've ever ran... to summarize the charts, it's a full 20 HP and anearly 50 torque more just running e30 over 93 and just spins my tires like mad in Sport mode LOL!
I changed my fuel mixture and its running a lot better. I think I was just getting use to the aggressive throttle with 93 Stratified that it just made it seem faster. I just have to do a few more logs and send it in to Jason at Dizzy.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I changed my fuel mixture and its running a lot better. I think I was just getting use to the aggressive throttle with 93 Stratified that it just made it seem faster. I just have to do a few more logs and send it in to Jason at Dizzy.
Yes, even with the linear option Stratified is much more twitchy under light throttle/tip-in, I find that the Dizzy tune makes the car itself feel more refined with how smooth it is but still very strong, on 93... Also for the e30, and how amazingly strong it is, this is with Regular accidentally being put into it, burning off some on Stage 0, then making e35 with 4 gallons of real e85 and room for 1 gallon of Premium.. How far off was your mix when mine feels amazing with a Regular base! LOL... Also, mine is just the flash with one time review, do you know if he can make changes to both the 93 and e30 based off logs from this mix? Does he even do many changes or just check for safety with the one-time option? If you know....

Yes, even with the linear option Stratified is much more twitchy under light throttle/tip-in, I find that the Dizzy tune makes the car itself feel more refined with how smooth it is but still very strong, on 93... Also for the e30, and how amazingly strong it is, this is with Regular accidentally being put into it, burning off some on Stage 0, then making e35 with 4 gallons of real e85 and room for 1 gallon of Premium.. How far off was your mix when mine feels amazing with a Regular base! LOL... Also, mine is just the flash with one time review, do you know if he can make changes to both the 93 and e30 based off logs from this mix? Does he even do many changes or just check for safety with the one-time option? If you know....
Definitely don't have an answer for that. He and I both saw that I was getting quite a bit of knock with the mixture I had. So luckily I had a gallon left of whatever mixture I had. I then filled up with 4 gal of e70 and the rest 91/E10. Most of the gas station around me have 91 with 10% ethanol(tested the Kwik Shop, Quik Trip and Cenex) . There's two E85 station. One has true E85(Jump Start)and the other one is E85 but tested at 70% ethanol(Kwik Shop). The 93 stage 1 tune likes it with no knock. So far I think the E30 tune likes this mixture according to the log as how I see it. I'm still a noob, but like the learning experience.

https://datazap.me/u/slow15fist/4th...olo=9-10-11-12&mark=100-244-238-241-255-62-53

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Definitely don't have an answer for that. He and I both saw that I was getting quite a bit of knock with the mixture I had. So luckily I had a gallon left of whatever mixture I had. I then filled up with 4 gal of e70 and the rest 91/E10. Most of the gas station around me have 91 with 10% ethanol(tested the Kwik Shop, Quik Trip and Cenex) . There's two E85 station. One has true E85(Jump Start)and the other one is E85 but tested at 70% ethanol(Kwik Shop). The 93 stage 1 tune likes it with no knock. So far I think the E30 tune likes this mixture according to the log as how I see it. I'm still a noob, but like the learning experience.

https://datazap.me/u/slow15fist/4th...olo=9-10-11-12&mark=100-244-238-241-255-62-53
93 tune likes the ethanol mix? You definitely do not want to go above e15 on a regular pump tune, you need the fuel pump tuned to deliver the higher amount of ethanol needed.