Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stage 1 tune comparison

redmoe

Hey all

I figured I would post some quick vdyno plots comparing my current tunes with Freektune, COBB OTS S1, Dizzy and the COBB OTS S0: tune comparison.png

Quick notes: All tunes are for crappy AZ 91 octane. Stock FiST (air box mod and resonator delete). These are all on the same road in the same conditions
(Red) The Feektune has ign correction at -5 and knock at 7. I am still waiting on feedback from my datalogs.
(Green) The COBB OTS S1 has no negative correction and hits in the +3 range at the end of the run.
(Blue) The Dizzy did not have negative correction either but was seeing lower positive correction values that had dips.
(Orange) S0

I have a Stratified tune coming soon that I will add to the comparison

felopr

Thanks for this.
Can you add boost and AFR to this vdyno plots?

on vdyno:
Select "Files"
Select "Options"
Select Tab "Columns and Profiles"
Check "AFR" box and type in box Actual AFR (AFR)
Check "Boost" box and type in box Boost Pressure (PSI)

Also, if it is not a problem, post ur logs on datazap.me so we can take a look at it

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #6
heres a new set V1 is Freektune, A is Dizzy and 91 is cobb. shows how much variation you can have with this tool new graph.jpg

felopr

looking at logs, 4th gear on vdyno would represent a better or more reliable results instead of 3rd gear
the FMIC, so bad 30+f increase on a 3rd gear pulls just hurts my eyes.

cobb looks pretty safe, nothing new, 1 or 2 knock per cyl, not bad

freektune is too aggressive of a tune, 5+ knock on all cylinder, riding on -1 thru -4 ign correction all the rev range, even the oct when from -1 to -0.94 in the middle of the pull

Dizzy tunes looks good, apart from 3-4 knock counts ( charge temps not helping) everything looks good imo

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #9
Thanks for the correction on the plot I posted it up quickly. I am still waiting in a update from Justin at Freektune. Is been over a week an no reply. Even pinged him a couple times.

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #10
Fmic is on the list to install before it starts getting hot here.

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #13
I would not recommend Freektune he has not been responsive and essentially sold me a useless SCT tune in the beginning since the necessary data parameters were not available. I have asked for some sort of credit or refund for the SCT tune since I had to buy an AP (which I purchased through him) and have never received a reply.

This is great. My Cobb OTS on the crappy gas we have in Canada was good but I was getting a ton of negative corrections and inconsistent power.
Stratified woke the car Up, rarely if at all get any significant negative corrections and the car has more power than I need.
Amazing.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

felopr

The only custom tune i have is stratified and i can say the part throttle tunning is on point, i like it alot but the WOT feels it needs more, well at least for me. I haven't done a revision also.
I get a lot of throttle closure from the beginning of the pull to 4500ish rpm then it just die out pretty fast after peek hp, like ur graph. I guess a revision can fix this but yeah. I wanna try dizzy for my self in the future and see

The only custom tune i have is stratified and i can say the part throttle tunning is on point, i like it alot but the WOT feels it needs more, well at least for me. I haven't done a revision also.
I get a lot of throttle closure from the beginning of the pull to 4500ish rpm then it just die out pretty fast after peek hp, like ur graph. I guess a revision can fix this but yeah. I wanna try dizzy for my self in the future and see
If I understand you correctly my guess is that you are experiencing the reality of the small turbo on our cars tuned to their limit.

felopr

If I understand you correctly my guess is that you are experiencing the reality of the small turbo on our cars tuned to their limit.

I wouldn't say i am at the limit since i am running their flash tune without a revision but i am close to it, so to say

I wouldn't say i am at the limit since i am running their flash tune without a revision but i am close to it, so to say
You are very close to the limit the only thing left on the tune to do is likely clean up the AFR's and WGDC, maybe add some timing in but it will net you some small gains.

Glad to see the differences from the different tuners though.

You are very close to the limit the only thing left on the tune to do is likely clean up the AFR's and WGDC, maybe add some timing in but it will net you some small gains.

Glad to see the differences from the different tuners though.
Yeah. I came from the subaru world and the 02 - 13 WRX is well known to be out of steam at higher rpms but I always figured I wasn't spending much c time in the higher rpms or speeds.
The Fiesta is worse. But it's way better down low imo. I've read a lot about doing an x47 and I'm not sure if I want to deal with the traction issues lol. I really wish ford did a twin scroll as it would have been a benefit to both the FiST and FoST

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #20
Just wanted to update on the Freektune. I finally received a reply and I am completely done with working with Justin. I stand by my original statement to avoid them. He has denied any responsibility for offering an incomplete product (sct tune for 2017) and has poor customer service.