Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PIAA Platinum H7 LED Bulb in Euro Headlamps

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thanks! Took a lot of time deciding how to paint lol.

Last teaser before install

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Excited to see those on the car!

How easy where the euros to retrofit?

Alright, just got my PIAA leds installed yesterday! definitely much brighter than the halogens that originally came with the lights. It was tricky tucking the led controller box inside the assembly but with enough finesse, it went in. Also, i had to bend one of the tabs on my left light in order to keep the bulb seated. The heat sink is heavy, so if its not seated very snuggly it could cause the headlight to pop out of adjustment. I didn't have any issues with it bouncing around during my test drive yesterday and my drive in to the work today. So far so good!

Alright, just got my PIAA leds installed yesterday! definitely much brighter than the halogens that originally came with the lights. It was tricky tucking the led controller box inside the assembly but with enough finesse, it went in. Also, i had to bend one of the tabs on my left light in order to keep the bulb seated. The heat sink is heavy, so if its not seated very snuggly it could cause the headlight to pop out of adjustment. I didn't have any issues with it bouncing around during my test drive yesterday and my drive in to the work today. So far so good!
Any before/after pictures?

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #27
Nice! I love mine, been running them over a month now no issues. Did you end up getting the longer caps from TRS as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I love mine, been running them over a month now no issues. Did you end up getting the longer caps from TRS as well?

Yes i did. There's no way the bulb would fit without the extended caps. I also found out that these LEDs don't burn bright enough to melt ice/snow off of the lenses. So be mindful of that. It hurt my bulb output when i was driving in pour weather the other day.

UPDATE: Not terribly thrilled with the output in pour weather conditions. Not sure if it was just the wet roads reflecting the light yesterday, but they didn't seem too bright. I'll keep running them for a while and see if my opinion changes.

Last edited:
So apparently the euro lights shipped aimed too low for me. Once I adjusted them and raising up these LEDs went from alright to great!

Do you know how bright the drl strip is compared to the oem ford lights drl? Have you seen both in person?

D

Ducky

Correct. I replaced the projector so it was fine, but it's something to consider if you don't want to drop $1000+ on lights.