Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Long Island...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Join up fellas!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/141840289787725/

There will be a meet in NJ on the 10th for the ecoboost club

And for auto cross:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187806071327935/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I am going to try and make it to that North East EB club meet @ Driving Impressions, as I've bought much automotive aftermarket/safety product from Bob, the owner there, in person, over many years (he even had a Lancia Delta Integrale 16V in the shop/warehouse in the back at one time!), and he was the first importer of Sabelt seats and harnesses in this land.

MPT Synthetic Oils is headquartered right next door to Driving Impressions, and one of the best stocked brick and mortar speed shops (Bruce's Speed Shop) I've ever even heard of, let alone seen in person, is practically around the corner in Rockaway on RT. 46.

Anything on even the western Island (like Nassau) is a little too far for me (more so in time sitting stopped in traffic on 278 in Staten Island, the Belt, and the L.I.E. than in actual miles), unless I somehow make a whole weekend out of it and visit my old stomping grounds out on the far East End. :(

OP
Uncle Fister
Thread Starter #24
I'm sure that you do not want to go this far east, but The Montauk Bake Shoppe has THE BEST jelly filled croissants ON THE PLANET!!!

Plus you get the bonus of driving that Old Montauk Highway section on the way there. ;) [driving]
MTK is always a sweet ride, but maybe something just a bit shorter distance, for the first one, was what I was thinking..

Does anyone know where I can sign up for autocrossing on the island? Would love to get in to it. But have no clue on where to start. A bunch of us should go.
Sounds like fun!

Sure. I know OP had the East end in mind, but if we have a meet up in Nassau, we can maybe get some NYC/CT/NJ people too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'm sure a meet-up in Nass would be great, make it happen!

To reiterate, I'm looking to just put together a small crew who is interested in a Sunday am blast out East, via mainly back roads, and then get some good eats, like Cromer's Chicken on North Sea/Noyak road, or whatever we're all into.. :)

Hi! Jim from Dix Hills. I have had my 17 Ford Fiesta ST for almost a month. Very interested in a cruise or hitting a show together. I was thinking a quick ride from the new LIE Rest Stop in Commack out to Cap Tree on Sunday morning. Supposed to be sunny and dry.

Hi! Jim from Dix Hills. I have had my 17 Ford Fiesta ST for almost a month. Very interested in a cruise or hitting a show together. I was thinking a quick ride from the new LIE Rest Stop in Commack out to Cap Tree on Sunday morning. Supposed to be sunny and dry.
That would be fun, I'm 100% for Sunday.

OP
Uncle Fister
Thread Starter #28
That sounds like a great, 1st Run..!

Why don't we meet at the new LIE Rest Stop in Commack (on the East bound side) at 7:30 am. We can then cruise down to the Cap Tree Boat Basin at Jones Beach. If the weather is good there are typically cars enthusiasts there hanging out. If not we can go somewhere for breakfast.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm interested in a meet/drive this weekend if people are interested. Sunday's weather looks promising.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm interested in a meet/drive this weekend if people are interested. Sunday's weather looks promising.
Is the construction on the Outerbridge Crossing finished yet?

(You know they are planning on an eastern L.I. locale, correct?)

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is the construction on the Outerbridge Crossing finished yet?

(You know they are planning on an eastern L.I. locale, correct?)
I grew up in Huntington, will be there for the weekend. I usually take the Goethals Bridge or GW depending on traffic.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^OK, that explains it, and I meant to say western L.I. above. ;)

Is 278 East in S.I. still a parking lot, even on Sundays this time of year (FUGGETABOUT the summer!! [crazyeye])?

Last edited:
There is a group on Facebook, Northeast Ecoboost Owners Club. Some of them are getting together with others in the tri state for tacos at 11:00 am in Wood bridge NJ. If we leave the beach by 9am, we could meet them all. Some from LI may meet us at 7:30.

The restaurant is JosƩ Tejas, 700 US Highway 1, Iselin, NJ 08830

Check out the event on FB

Sorry I missed you guys! Tried to catch up, but not sure which field you guys were at near the beach.

I was throwing an O2 sensor error from the storm Friday, so lost track of time.

OP
Uncle Fister
Thread Starter #39
I'm sorry I missed out as well, headed down later, and missed the show. Catch the next one.

Thanks for the heads up on the weekly car shows Wallace9645! Great meeting you and the other LI FiSTers.

I'm drooling over that rally innovations kit after seeing it in person.[like]