Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Out-Of-State 2018 FiST's, $3000 Cheaper?

So I live in Georgia. From all the research I have done, the FiST is going to be the perfect car for me. Not worried about navigation, or sunroof, as my past car had neither. I have heard the navigation is basically useless anyways.

So the big issue for me is pricing. Local to me, the cheapest I have found for a brand new 2018 base was $18,100 with dealer fee before Tax, Title, ect.

However, if I fly out to Maryland, I can get a 2018 base for $15,800 with dealer fee before tax, title and the lot.

What causes this difference? Anything I should be aware of for buying out of state?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So I live in Georgia. From all the research I have done, the FiST is going to be the perfect car for me. Not worried about navigation, or sunroof, as my past car had neither. I have heard the navigation is basically useless anyways.

So the big issue for me is pricing. Local to me, the cheapest I have found for a brand new 2018 base was $18,100 with dealer fee before Tax, Title, ect.

However, if I fly out to Maryland, I can get a 2018 base for $15,800 with dealer fee before tax, title and the lot.

What causes this difference? Anything I should be aware of for buying out of state?
Look carefully at that pricing. Supposedly there is a dealer in the Baltimore area that has good deals but a lot of times those advertised prices are with all possible discounts piled on top of each other and you usually do not qualify for all of them. Plus the Ford cash rebate on 2018's is 2k and from my observations 2018's are pricing out about 1k over 2017's.

P.S. If you can or get a 2018 base for 18,100 that's not a bad deal at all.

Last edited:

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I thought we were not getting the 18 st? Guess I might have been wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I thought we were not getting the 18 st? Guess I might have been wrong.

We are basically getting 2017's again as 2018's till Ford runs out of left over production parts here in North America. We are not getting he next generation which actually is the real 2018.

They can call them ( previous generation 2017's) 2018's because they added in a backup camera which technically signals a model difference. Even though it's very minor and not really. Lol It satisfies regulatory requirements.

I totally would have waited and purchased a 2018 FiST knowing what I know now. Grr

Anyway, about the Nav Package... It's basically useless since you'll be able to use both Android Auto and Apple Carplay - which have their own Nav, so you'll save $800 just like that.

I should also add that the prices will go down as the year goes on, and I had some buyers remorse since I had no idea I could have saved some money on my '17 if purchased in 3rd or 4th quarter of last year.

18k is REALLY good a price this early on in the year. My OTD price in May 2017 was 21k for a basic bitch FiST lol

You're not buying a 2018, or a new 2017, for $15,800 plus tax and title in Maryland or anywhere else.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Look carefully at that pricing. Supposedly there is a dealer in the Baltimore area that has good deals but a lot of times those advertised prices are with all possible discounts piled on top of each other and you usually do not qualify for all of them.
That's right, the discounts may be for military members, college students, first responders, etc.

OP
B
Thread Starter #8
Well, you all ended up being right. I have an offer for OTD on a 2017 with moonroof for $19k.

He refuses to go any lower than that price. Is that a good deal?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Well, you all ended up being right. I have an offer for OTD on a 2017 with moonroof for $19k.

He refuses to go any lower than that price. Is that a good deal?
That's pretty damn good . Personally I would forego the moonroof. It's a $800 option that does not site above your head more behind it. Plus they can be troublesome down the road. Unless you are abosolutely have to have one get it.

I would hold out for the Recaros before even thinking about a moonroof. Lol

OP
B
Thread Starter #10
That's pretty damn good . Personally I would forego the moonroof. It's a $800 option that does not site above your head more behind it. Plus they can be troublesome down the road. Unless you are abosolutely have to have one get it.

I would hold out for the Recaros before even thinking about a moonroof. Lol
I’m a larger guy, and the recaros don’t fit me well. Seems the only one that dealer has is with the moonroof and comes out cheaper than other deals on bases.

Dealers reply when asking about one without moon roof :

“Yes I can locate if there are any 2017's still available... Unfortunately I couldn't sell anywhwre close to this kind of price, I have to pay invoice for any car I trade, which at the price I am selling to you I can not do. This is a in stock unit pricing only! Sorry!

Respectfully,
Russ Kochka”

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I totally would have waited and purchased a 2018 FiST knowing what I know now. Grr

Anyway, about the Nav Package... It's basically useless since you'll be able to use both Android Auto and Apple Carplay - which have their own Nav, so you'll save $800 just like that.

I should also add that the prices will go down as the year goes on, and I had some buyers remorse since I had no idea I could have saved some money on my '17 if purchased in 3rd or 4th quarter of last year.

18k is REALLY good a price this early on in the year. My OTD price in May 2017 was 21k for a basic bitch FiST lol
I'm in the same boat. Should have waited, but there was one exactly like I wanted, so I went for it. Oh, well. It still makes me smile every time I drive it, and you can't put a price on that.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
NOOO MOON ROOF. I got one because I read a while ago it makes this small car seem bigger. It does not and I have had leaking problems. Still do. When rain is a coming I back it up in my driveway and that seems to help. It does not poor it but still should not leak at all. Had it adjusted twice under warrenty and still leaked shortly after right out of warrenty. I figured its 2015 ford ought to know how to make a moon roof that doesn't leak but sadly they don't. At least on there bottom model.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
NOOO MOON ROOF. I got one because I read a while ago it makes this small car seem bigger. It does not and I have had leaking problems. Still do. When rain is a coming I back it up in my driveway and that seems to help. It does not poor it but still should not leak at all. Had it adjusted twice under warrenty and still leaked shortly after right out of warrenty. I figured its 2015 ford ought to know how to make a moon roof that doesn't leak but sadly they don't. At least on there bottom model.

I haven't had that problem. I think it helps on overcast days, because the interior is so dark.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I’m a larger guy, and the recaros don’t fit me well. Seems the only one that dealer has is with the moonroof and comes out cheaper than other deals on bases.

Dealers reply when asking about one without moon roof :

“Yes I can locate if there are any 2017's still available... Unfortunately I couldn't sell anywhwre close to this kind of price, I have to pay invoice for any car I trade, which at the price I am selling to you I can not do. This is a in stock unit pricing only! Sorry!

Respectfully,
Russ Kochka”
If so then go for it. If it's the best deal you can find. 19k OTD is nothing to sneeze at. Buy it.

Love moon roof's, had 'em in many of my cars.

So I'm guessing the dealer with the lowest price you found in Maryland is Koonz? I find their sales prices actually DO NOT discount all the possible rebates that most don't qualify for, i.e. Mil, EMT, Student etc, which is respectable, imo.

However, they show you MSRP (includes Freight), but their sales price doesn't, so they add that back in, plus the dealer "fee", plus the out of state transfer, plus tax, title n tags, (must finance with dealer at standard rate), and it still ends up being a nice deal, but not exactly what you thought it'd be, haha.

The $19k deal sounds like a winner.

LILIKE16ST

I got mine at koons in Baltimore I drove 6 hours to get it because all the base models around where I live wasn't what I wanted and they was asking 21 before ttt for base models when I got mine at koons for 21500 otd with black wheels and nav (1200 in options total) and this is a 16 bought in April 16 so nowhere near the end of the model year...I feel like I did pretty well. Only ones I've really seen people got cheaper with similar options were purchased at the end of the year where they were discounting them more. 19 otd with a moonroof is a great price...I did NOT want one...more headroom without it, car looks better without it (imo) and I had issues with my svt focus so did not want another one with moonroof....