Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ethanol Content Gauge - suggestion and feeler thread

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

Erick_V

As an FYI: I had the same issue with my Boomba shifter bracket as the install had with his Whoosh. Had to move the sensor up some as well to clear. Other than that the biggest issue is to find a damn entry through the firewall. Now that was truly aggravating! [?|][bash]
Where did you end up routing your wires through?

Izzy

Don't know if the passage was there stock, but I used a hole to the right of the clutch base where my audio power cable runs. I used the cable as pull string as there was no space for the connector to pass through. Once the connector made it through I used a hanger to pull the audio power cord back into the engine bay.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I finally finished the installation of my Dizzy Ethanol Content Gauge from Whoosh Motorsports. It’s straightforward and the instructions are accurate. If you have the MeLe Battery Box (like me) you’ll need to move the 3D printed bracket a little higher up (on the ECU cover) to prevent contact with the shifter linkage. I fished the wiring harness through the firewall using Symposer tube. I accidentally yanked the connector (that attaches to the gauge dongle) off the end of the harness while pulling it through the firewall. Instead of trying to slip the pins back in the connector, I simply stripped all the wires and spliced them together at the gauge. Everything hooked up nicely and I really appreciated having a complete kit that didn’t require a trip to the store. The gauge is clearly legible and doesn’t clutter up the interior. It’s well thought out and extremely easy to install when following his instructions. If you have any questions about it, let me know. Here are a few pics:

Do you have an empty cubby in the center?
It actually sorta clipped into the center cubby but had gaps at the sides. I decided to just put it where it is now since it doesn’t need to be looked at too often. Decided to put my radar detector interface button in the center cubby.