Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who knows?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does any one have any experience using the factory Stereo deck with after market speakers? If so what brand have been used with success with fitment and Sound quality? Taking an option poll here also....I am definitely wanting to do the sub under the seat when it gets warmer here in Mn.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I was just thinking this very thing today. I’ve Head great experience with alpine type r components in my other vehicle. They’re a neodymium motor so they’re light, shallow, and efficient. The tweeters are also a lovely sounding silk dome. They will likely be what I put in the fiesta soon.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
I was just thinking this very thing today. I’ve Head great experience with alpine type r components in my other vehicle. They’re a neodymium motor so they’re light, shallow, and efficient. The tweeters are also a lovely sounding silk dome. They will likely be what I put in the fiesta soon.
The tweeters in the door panel raise some questions of what will fit? I dislike modding panels and then not liking the sound and regretting it. I'm getting the crackling speaker in the passenger door as others have gotten. So I know I'm living on borrowed time. Any advice or experience would help.

I’ve changed the factory tweeters with Rockford R1T-S 1-inch tweeters. They needed to be removed from their housing and hot glued in the factory tweeter location. So far no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
I’ve changed the factory tweeters with Rockford R1T-S 1-inch tweeters. They needed to be removed from their housing and hot glued in the factory tweeter location. So far no issues.

What's the sound like? We're they worth it? Did you change the factory speakers out also?

Did not change the factory speakers (they’re pretty good for my tastes), but the Rockfords sound a million times better than the factory tweeters. Not only brighter but also don’t distort like the factory ones did (at low or high volume).

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
Did not change the factory speakers (they’re pretty good for my tastes), but the Rockfords sound a million times better than the factory tweeters. Not only brighter but also don’t distort like the factory ones did (at low or high volume).

I haven't looked at them...but do the tweeters mount into the door panel....and were the stock tweeters hard to get out?

They’re mounted in the bezel that houses the door handle. There are two clips at the top near where the bezel bends and one screw inside the notch where the door handle is. The tweeters are held in by three clips (and honestly the hardest part was getting the clips freed and staying free while you worked on the other clip since you only need to release two of them to be able to pull the tweeter out).