Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Error P144C troubleshooting.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Evening gents. Two days ago during mildly spirited driving my check engine light came on, code P144C.

Equipped applicable mods:
CPE intake using Whoosh 2016 adapter (installed about 9 months ago)
Damond OCC w/ Vent to atmosphere option (installed about 3 months ago)

About 2 weeks ago I started possibly smelling oil on lift off so I guessed the OCC might be full.
1 week ago I drained the OCC, it had less than 1 OZ of fluid (so not full at all).

For troubleshooting I am guessing I need to double check that the drain is fully closed on the OCC. If the cleared code comes back what do you all think my next step should be? By guess I could plumb out the OCC pretty easily. Do you recommend cleaning the 3 check valves in the setup with some alcohol?

Thanks for reading.

felopr

1st you need to know what the code P144C is for then you troubleshoot
code P144C is for evap system

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #3
Isn't P144C what pops up when the pre '16 intakes were used on the '16's prior to the vacuum line modifications?

felopr

searching google p144c is threads of the evap system code for 16+ fist modifications

I've had my 2016 FiST for a couple weeks (bought it used with 12K miles). Yesterday it threw a P144c code with a stock airbox, but the previous owner had installed a CFM crankcase breather and Damond OCC w/VTA. Could one of those be the culprit?

BTW, the car was originally sold in California and the CFM website specifically states their breather is not for sale/legal there.

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #6
If any of the 3 check-valves (2 in the Damond, 1 in the CFM) in your setup are not working properly it could throw a code. Also, as a used car that has been modified: If the previous owner installed a new airbox (later removed) there is a good chance they modified the PCV system to get it to work. I would look up the instruction manuals on how to modify a '16 for a earlier version of airbox to see if any of the lines have been modified.

EDIT: as to California, the VTA aspect lets loose oil vapors into the air. The stock system is setup to burn those off (and then go thru the cat) to meet emissions. California likes clean emissions.