Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Racing shoes?

kevinatfms

Nice! I won't be able to make it on the 22nd. I should be at both in May though. And I should also be on stickier tires then too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Ill def be at the last May autocross on the 26th. Id kill to go to the one on the 5th but ill be in New Orleans for that weekend. If you do make it to the May 22nd event come by and say hello. Itll be the white on white FRPP wheels with Azenis.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I got the Ori-E in white/green and they are just about perfect. I have been wearing them the past 2 days to break them in and they remind me of Adidas Samba shoes.
This is GOOD news, since any/all Sambas (or the Top Sala variants I still wear in the summer) I've worn over the years were infinitely more comfy than the adidas Monocos (which look exactly like the mid top Clutch-Es, just with the 3 stripes) I've worn. [thumb] :)

I can't stand trying to do a heel to or a quick shift in shoes with a rigid sole. I want the sole of the shoe to wrap around the pedals a little bit for grip, but slide off the pedal if I flatten my foot out. Diesel Gunners, Harold, and Happy Hours models are great driving shoes that don't immediately peg themselves as driving shoes.

I've had quite a few different brands over the years, but for my wider feet I prefer the Diesels over many other driving-shoe makers. They're not fireproof or any of the things a professional racing driver would need, but from my perspective they're one of the better enthusiast driving shoes out there...and the prices aren't horrible.

It used to be a snug pair of Chuck Taylors for a super effective and cheap driving shoe that retains a lot of feel, but now that they're like $50+ there's no point.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I can't stand trying to do a heel to or a quick shift in shoes with a rigid sole. I want the sole of the shoe to wrap around the pedals a little bit for grip, but slide off the pedal if I flatten my foot out. Diesel Gunners, Harold, and Happy Hours models are great driving shoes that don't immediately peg themselves as driving shoes.

I've had quite a few different brands over the years, but for my wider feet I prefer the Diesels over many other driving-shoe makers. They're not fireproof or any of the things a professional racing driver would need, but from my perspective they're one of the better enthusiast driving shoes out there...and the prices aren't horrible.

It used to be a snug pair of Chuck Taylors for a super effective and cheap driving shoe that retains a lot of feel, but now that they're like $50+ there's no point.
I always liked the Diesel driving style shoes, but it is all but impossible to find a brick and mortar store around here which carries them, in order to actually try them on before purchase. [:(]

Never been in a car, on a track, but these are my old school shoes, haha. Oakley's.

Next week will be my first time, on a car track, should be fun. [raceflag]

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Never been in a car, on a track, but these are my old school shoes, haha. Oakley's.

Next week will be my first time, on a car track, should be fun. [raceflag]
I also have a pair of those in the mid top karting version. [thumb]

It's a shame that Oakley has gotten totally out of the motorsports clothing equipment business (AND even the shoe business as a whole, save for their mil-spec boots and such). [:(]

I also have a pair of those in the mid top karting version. [thumb]

It's a shame that Oakley has gotten totally out of the motorsports clothing equipment business (AND even the shoe business as a whole, save for their mil-spec boots and such). [:(]
Yes, it is a shame, but they decided some years ago to focus on their core product.

I got these new, and cheap via ebay, but they were Red, haha. They sat in my closet for years, until I decided to dye em black for my upcoming Octane Academy next week..

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I honestly like to drive in flip flops and toes shoes.
You should keep that a secret lol!! Bare feet on a track?! We had a guy get banned permanently for that recently. Rolled his car, got out, changed into shorts and flip flops ON THE TRACK and tried to drive back to the paddock. TRUE STORY. He was wearing a Florida Gator shirt too.

I always liked the Diesel driving style shoes, but it is all but impossible to find a brick and mortar store around here which carries them, in order to actually try them on before purchase. [:(]
Nordstrom's seems to carry them pretty regularly if there's one of those in your neck of the woods. (I wouldn't buy from them unless there was a sale, they're usually much cheaper online anyway) A perfect size pair of Converse shoes for me would be a size 8.75. Most Diesel styles fit me perfectly at size 8.5...just a hair tight, but great for pedal feel. I'd imagine the sizing will be similar across the board, at least for the most part...perhaps that will help shrink the ballpark some.

Anyway, I was going to order another pair over the weekend, but instead I got the windows tinted. [rockon]

OP
G

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #53
My Goodyear ORIs arrived yesterday and they're much nicer than I expected. Great value. Very comfortable so far. I didn't notice much of a difference during my commute, so I'll need to wait until track day next week for a valid test. Regardless, they're nice shoes that I'll wear on a regular basis.

You should keep that a secret lol!! Bare feet on a track?! We had a guy get banned permanently for that recently. Rolled his car, got out, changed into shorts and flip flops ON THE TRACK and tried to drive back to the paddock. TRUE STORY. He was wearing a Florida Gator shirt too.
Oh. On the track i use toe shoes. Flip flops are my dd.

I just feel closer to my car when i dont have soles between my feet and the pedals.

^^ That is the current pair of Puma's I am rocking. They don't give as much as the cloth variants (speedcat/driftcat) and seem to be more narrow. That said, the pedal feel is great. I wore them with a suit the other day to a client site, and changed shoes Mr. Rogers style upon arrival; so worth it -

Prolly had to change his shorts!

I have 2 pair of pilot i low top driving shoes and love them! They are having a sale right now too 35 bucks a pair and are fia approved fire resistant.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have 2 pair of pilot i low top driving shoes and love them! They are having a sale right now too 35 bucks a pair and are fia approved fire resistant.
Is that on their site directly, only, or through one of their many vendors (Griot's Garage, OG Racing, Wine Country Racing, etc.)?? [dunno]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I cant stand flip flops while driving...I just roll my ALLBIRDS.....the equivalent of driving shoeless ...IMO.....BEST all around lounger shoe ever!

https://www.allbirds.com/products/mens-wool-loungers?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search+%2F%2F+US+%2F%2F+Allbirds+Brand+D&utm_content={creative}_1144592096533959&utm_term=allbirds_kwd-71537417296103:loc-4104&msclkid=dc4cc651c04e10655c0a9dc763d7f2f2&variant=42215908807