Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Racing shoes?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
When I have a pair of converse all stars getting worn down, I clamp em in a bench vice and belt sander the soles to be really thin, then use them for driving until they disincorporate completely. The sweet spot is when they get start gapping on the sides of your foot (the sides of the sole start to go |) next to where they flex) - thats when I retire them from wearing and make em into driving slippers :p

I have a couple pairs of Puma Speed Cat shoes I bought a few years ago. I don't race, but they're great for spirited driving. The heel is curved to make pedal motion more smooth and comfortable, also, they look great, and are thin and lightweight. They look good enough I like to wear em out around town but I have to be careful to not get them dirty because the soles are VERY thin so not good for rainy days or mud.

Unfortunately they don't make the same exact style I had anymore, which is a shame. And as [MENTION=8550]Meowoosh[/MENTION] pointed out, now most of their driving shoes have car manufacturer logos on them which kinda kills it unless you drive a Ferrari or BMW.. which we don't. [xx(]

I just bought a used, barely worn set of size 12 pilotis for $35. I dont need the flame retardent stuff, just a shoe thats comfortable with a supported heel region as part of the main design.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Only asking about them, never said I would actually BUY them. ;)

So, now I have to worry about what some douchenozzle on jalopnik thinks about what I wear on my feet while driving on the street?! [histerical]
WHEN did that POS site become the (self proclaimed) opinionated crown king of what is considered "cool" anyway?! LOL

Every actual driving/racing shoe I own, or even every one which is a racing style shoe, is VERY understated (Oakley, Alpinestars, Sparco, Adidas).
They are ALL mostly black with white or black (or some silver) logos, as I would NEVER wear ANYTHING bright red, or bright blue like some of the Piloti product.

I will wear what lets me control this little beast the best I can, and effing hack 'automotive' journoholes (AND any/everyone who listens to/heeds what THEY self declare as "cool", or 'stylish') can FUCK THE FUCK OFF!!

IF I ever tried to drive this thing in the size 13 Cons I would be wearing, I'd be hitting ALL THREE EFFING pedals AT ONCE!!
(I have a hard enough time driving in current model, trail running NBs, with those outward projecting 'traction ridge' spikes they put on all of their soles at the ball of the foot area, catching the brake when I press the accelerator sometimes. [:(])

Haha^^ yeah man, car enthusiasts that cant form their own opinions rely hugely on jalopnik to inform them of whats "cool"

so far mine have been really comfortable and they are more sensitive to pedal feel than the asics I usually wear

It's cool to see different perspectives on racing shoes. Meowoosh, your experience with Puma sounds pretty versatile! The emphasis on pedal feel and precision makes a lot of sense, especially for those tight maneuvers on the track.

Reviving this thread from five years ago! 😄 Racing shoes have come a long way since then, with advancements in materials and design. While some drivers still debate their effectiveness, many have experienced improved performance and comfort with them.