Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

From the Manual; Jacking, RMM, Transmission Removal, Fluid change, Clutch & Bleeding

For your future projects:

Jacking Points
Roll Restrictor
Manual Transmission Fluid Swap
Clutch Replacement Orientation
Clutch Bleeding
Transmission Removal

Hope these help.

Attachments

Brilliant, thanks for sharing this. Interesting that recommend to use pinch weld points for raising the car rather than subframe, I guess it's safe to use them after all (unless the tilt is too much?). AFAIK, shop lift arms just has regular padding rather than some specialized adaptors with slots for welds...

Thank you so much! Where did you get this manual from? I have been looking for one for a very long time for one. Unfortunetly, the link to the dropbox file just downloads pictures and not the manual itself

haste

1000 Post Club
Thank you so much! Where did you get this manual from? I have been looking for one for a very long time for one. Unfortunetly, the link to the dropbox file just downloads pictures and not the manual itself
Works for me...I unzipped using 7-zip and opened "Service Manual.htm"

Tested with Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

Just like Haste posted, simply unzip and open Service Manual.htm
As to where I got it, I originally bought the dvd of the service manual on the 'bay and wrote an app to extract the data and put it into html form. The original disc and program was a royal POS to use, not to mention since it was an actual install, I couldn't through the manual on an old tablet I don't care about getting beatup or greasy out in the garage, now I can!

Got it to work, thank you again so much! Btw how did you make it into the html format from the dvd?

OP
unearth078
Thread Starter #13
PM me your email and which manual you need (assuming transmission removal?). File size is too large for that one to be posted here.

Even though it has been discussed here in the past, I'm still left with some questions about jacking up our cars and using jack stands. Specifically, the references in the service manual linked in this tread show the only lift points as being the seam welds in the 4 reinforced areas. If that is the case, how do you jack up the car and then place a jack stand under it? Also, I have seen other official Ford pictures that show you can also lift the car from the middle of the front crossmember, and from the middle of the rear twist axle. But those points are not shown in the pictures in this service manual. If that is safe, then at least we can place jack stands at the 4 seam weld points. What points do people use to lift their cars, and where do you place jack stands? I'd like to use a long reach jack and lift from the front cross member and rear axle if it is safe.

Helm, an auto service manual publishing company going way back sells the official Ford Service Manual for the Fiesta. To find it go to Google and type "helm ford fiesta manual 2019" and you will get a direct link to that manual. Note, for the model year type in the year of your car at the end, I used 2019 because that is the year of my car.

Also note that the manual is NOT cheap and you have to have the CD installed you your computer to be able to use it. Tip here is to install it on a relatively fast computer. Note, a significant slowdown in the response is that all of the files that are accessed are on the CD, so you have to wait for that information to be read. I installed mine on a cheap celeron powered laptop and it is very slow to respond. I'll also note that the only way I've found to get a printed paper copy is to take a screenshot and print that. All this is because of Fords copy protection measures and it is a PITA. There are hints during the install process that the data files can be installed on the hard drive but I am not computer savvy enough to figure out how to do that. I also wasn't able to install the manual on my desktop computer, got an error message that the disk couldn't be found (duh, it's what I used to start the install).

Good news is that every procedure in the manual has links to the pre-stage procedure so if you go into the transmission removal and need to remove the engine or something else previous to the transmission removal clicking on the link will take you there. With the latency caused by all the copy protection you'll have time to thoroughly wash and dry your hands while waiting for the link to open the new section. End result is that you'll know the exact procedure Ford developed for any service procedure and you'll also have your hands clean enough to be able to do surgery during the entire process.

BTW, if anyone who gets this manual on CD manages to get it to operate by pulling in the data from the Hard Drive instead of the CD please post it here. From what I've seen on this forum we have lots of folks way more computer savvy than I am, so that Latency just may be solvable. Note, years ago used to run Autocad on a Ramdrive but that was back in the days of DOS and I have not one single clue on how to get a Ramdrive to run under Windows 10. Another option would be to create an ISO file of the CD and install that on a hard drive partition but that requires software from a potentialy malicious website and using a "gift card" to make the software purchase.

haste

1000 Post Club
Scooter, just use PowerISO and simulate the CD using the hard drive or SSD. PowerISO is legit, I've been using it for years. I believe they have a trial version, too.