Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers for Fiesta ST

CSM

1000 Post Club
How did this go? Were you able to find the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! I just got around to fixing it today. Took about 1.5h total. Decided to try to fix it without replacing shock nut to OEM.

Jacked up the car, pulled the shocks from rear. Re-cleaned the portion of chassis where mounts meet and filed the center hole slightly. Recleaned the strut mounts. I cut a small section of rubber tubing from a bicycle tube and made a "cover" for the nut that fit over the shock rod. I applied a generous amount of lithium grease, reinstalled and torque to spec (25nm for shock mount, 115nm for lower shock bolt). Drove for 15 mile test rode and no creaking/squeaking noise so far! Fingers crossed it stays this way.

Was this happening only on one side or both sides? How is it going so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi, wondering what tyre size are you using,
im tempting to change b14, however im using 205/45 17 tyre which i worry the front tyre will keep scrapping the fender liner...
can it be like maintained the height of front as stock?

CSM

1000 Post Club
hi, wondering what tyre size are you using,
im tempting to change b14, however im using 205/45 17 tyre which i worry the front tyre will keep scrapping the fender liner...
can it be like maintained the height of front as stock?
I run 205/40/17. I basically have the coilovers set to max height which is probably 15mm drop over stock.

I would think a 205/45/17 would rub slightly.

thanks for reply,
too bad my country does not has any good choice for 205/40/17 tyre to choose,
and i only can go for 205/45/17...anyway thanks for your review, may look for other. maybe i can only stay for stock haha

CSM

1000 Post Club
Just a quick update....had a bit of a scary situation on the interstate recently here in NC.

Tractor trailer had a tire tread separation in front of me on the interstate. Tread flew off of the trailer tire and landed in the road. I basically had to do a high speed slalom at 70mph to avoid hitting it or I would have absolutely destroyed my front bumper. Car performed FLAWLESSLY. I was legitimately shocked at the improvement in handling from the coilovers and rear sway bar.

Can't recommend these enough

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just a quick update....had a bit of a scary situation on the interstate recently here in NC.

Tractor trailer had a tire tread separation in front of me on the interstate. Tread flew off of the trailer tire and landed in the road. I basically had to do a high speed slalom at 70mph to avoid hitting it or I would have absolutely destroyed my front bumper. Car performed FLAWLESSLY. I was legitimately shocked at the improvement in handling from the coilovers and rear sway bar.

Can't recommend these enough
Na it wouldn't take much damage...I was rolling through Arkansas...."The natural state.....Of god dam Tire Debris! Scuffed my bumper up a little and pulled the Plastic Pushpins out of the air dam. Nothing a few zip ties couldn't fix and flash light at 3am on our way to New Orleans!

SST

wow nice, never seen this kind of sockets before, need to buy for sure, thanks for the tip

That or an offset wrench can do the trick as well but you'll end up paying near as much for just one 18mm wrench than what you'll pay for a pass through socket kit.
1593219196171.png

I've recently installed B14s and have a few questions if anyone is still around...

I've set them to top of the allowed adjustable range to get as close to stock height as possible to preserve the favourable suspension geometry. Right now they're at ~24in from ground to the fender on all 4 corners and I find the ride to be a bit... busier than I expected.. Did anyone have the same experience with these? Was there any noticeable break-in period?

AFAIK maxing out height with these reduces the droop travel, however when a corner is lifted up on the jack, the wheel drops quite a bit lower than any road undulation I encountered that resulted in the jiggly behaviour. To me this indicates the droop travel is not the issue here... Similarly, this also tells me the spring compression at rest goes past the initial preload applied by the perch at droop and that the height of the latter should not affect how spring behaves too much.

Last edited: