Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

If you're running a 225/45/16 R888R please help me

pwnall1337

Vendor
225/45/16 R888R

I'm looking at the konig dekagram 16x8 ET40

If you're running this tire, what wheel/offset are you running on stock suspension or lowered.

Thanks.

codestp202

I run eibach sport so about 3/4" drop on all 4 corners. Right now I track with 215/40/17 federal RS-RR (Run very large so lets say 225). Wheels are 17x7 42 offset and I have no rubbing issues. Since the wheels are 17x7, the tires mushroom out a bit. I'm planning on putting these tires on my new 17x8 konig hypergrams which are 40 offset and I don't forsee myself having a problem. The Federals should fit better on the wheel.

I think you should be fine if its not slammed and if you run a bit of negative camber up front.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #4
I run eibach sport so about 3/4" drop on all 4 corners. Right now I track with 215/40/17 federal RS-RR (Run very large so lets say 225). Wheels are 17x7 42 offset and I have no rubbing issues. Since the wheels are 17x7, the tires mushroom out a bit. I'm planning on putting these tires on my new 17x8 konig hypergrams which are 40 offset and I don't forsee myself having a problem. The Federals should fit better on the wheel.

I think you should be fine if its not slammed and if you run a bit of negative camber up front.
im looking to run it on 100% stock setup, no camber, drop, coils anything.

codestp202

im looking to run it on 100% stock setup, no camber, drop, coils anything.
Even better. You will probably be fine. Worst case scenario you need a wee bit of negative camber, or you need to roll the lip on the inner fender. But I think you'll be fine

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #6
federal 595RS-RR

8.5" section, 23.9" height

225/45/16 R88R

8.9" section 23.9" height

Converting your size to my size.

215/40/17 ET42 -> 225/45/16 ET40

3mm Closer to suspension
7mm Farther Out towards fender

how much space do you think you have?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am running that same size RS-RR as code on a 17x8 ET42 pro race 1.2 (so the resultant actual tread width is a little wider than what code has on a 7" wheel), on a fully factory stock suspension, and it does not even come anywhere close to rubbing, regardless of how 'loaded up' the suspension is, what kind of 'compression' bump I hit, or if I encounter bumps on the apex of hard turns. ;)

I am also only running about .5* negative camber on the fronts.

codestp202

federal 595RS-RR

8.5" section, 23.9" height

225/45/16 R88R

8.9" section 23.9" height

Converting your size to my size.

215/40/17 ET42 -> 225/45/16 ET40

3mm Closer to suspension
7mm Farther Out towards fender

how much space do you think you have?
With my track wheels and the RS-RR's I have plenty of space. I don't have any issues and I'm lowered about 3/4"
I think there's a lot of people running 17x8's and 16x8's lowered slighty with 215/225 with no issues. If you are slammed you'll have problems. 235's and bigger is when you'll have to roll/ get flares.

As you can see with the photo, even with the 17x8 hypergrams, I should be fine if they poke out a few more MM's.

DaveG99

225/45/16's would be awesome to run but Im going to go with 215/45/16's when I get my 16x8 wheels because its almost identical (.1" larger) to stock diameter. Plus they are 2 lbs lighter than the 225's. IMO being as close to stock diameter and lighter is a good thing.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #10
I pulled the trigger today on

225/45/16 r888r
4x konig dekagram 16x8 et 40

from discount tire, paid $1234 installed with lugs before $175 presidents sale rebate. wish me luck.

it'll be 2-3 weeks before you hear from me on this, the wheels are not out yet and are on back order.

DaveG99

225/45/16 r888r

from discount tire, paid $1234 installed with lugs before $175 presidents sale rebate. wish me luck.

it'll be 2-3 weeks before you hear from me on this, the wheels are not out yet and are on back order.
What lugs? And are you driving these tires on the street?

Also the dekagrams are not on discount tires website. Did you go into a store and order them?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

225/45/16 r888r

That should be a SICK setup! [twothumb] [driving] [cool]

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #13
What lugs? And are you driving these tires on the street?

Also the dekagrams are not on discount tires website. Did you go into a store and order them?
I asked for black acorn lugs and also haggled them super hard. They are across the street from my apartment and I'm a long term customer.

225/45/16 r888r

Damn, nice.

Did some measurements this morning. You will probably need some negative camber...but the cars already come with like -1.5 from the factory (I'm -1.7/-1.8), so you should be alright assuming you aren't running less than factory specs.

Post some pics when you are done! WE want them!

On my Rota recce I am 17x8 +40 running a 215/40/17 Federal RSR. I rubbed a lot on the front and started to wear away the forward tab that sticks into the fender well when hitting bumps or during cornering. I am lowered on mountune springs, so 1" or less-ish. I just used whiteline camber bolts maxed at -2.5deg which solved that issue and helped with high speed cornering also.

I run r888 on my other car during the summer and a 255/40/17 is basically flush on my 9.5" wheels. I would assume they run the same thick sidewall on the size you are looking for so assume they will rub pretty hard and be very flush with your wheel, if not a little bulge.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #16
Damn, nice.

Did some measurements this morning. You will probably need some negative camber...but the cars already come with like -1.5 from the factory (I'm -1.7/-1.8), so you should be alright assuming you aren't running less than factory specs.

Post some pics when you are done! WE want them!
i've never really touched suspension on any car before. I'll definitely reach out for help once I realized how much i screwed up.

I've been running 225/50x15 R888's on TD 15x8 et35's with stock springs for close to 2 years now. Mine have the same overall height as yours, but are a little wider. With my offset, they were a very tight fit. I had a body shop guy roll the rears and pull the front fenders.

The rears were easy using a roller, dead-blow hammer and a knife to trim the caulk bead. The rear will barely rub maybe once a year if both rear shocks bottom at the same time. Normal bumps, or cornering, cause camber change that let's the tires tuck in.

The seam between the front fender and bumper is the most critical area for clearance. He had to taper his pull on the fender so that the maximum increase ended right in front of that seam. It's well over an inch wider now. He did it with his hands, a heat gun, and a dead-blow hammer. Total time he spent on all four corners was about an hour - it's not that difficult.

I run -2.25 degrees camber and got close to 20k miles out of the first set. I'm on R888R's now. For aggressive street driving, I think -2.0 camber would be ideal and would give even tire wear if you rotate fairly frequently. Enjoy the tires - they are great, especially if you can run them at the optimal pressure of 30psi hot.

Last edited:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've been running 225/50x15 R888's on TD 15x8 et35's with stock springs for close to 2 years now. Mine have the same overall height as yours, but are a little wider. With my offset, they were a very tight fit. I had a body shop guy roll the rears and pull the front fenders.

The rears were easy using a roller, dead-blow hammer and a knife to trim the caulk bead. The rear will barely rub maybe once a year if both shocks bottom at the same time. Normal bumps, or cornering, cause camber change that let's the tires tuck in.

The seam between the front fender and bumper is the most critical area for clearance. He had to taper his pull on the fender so that the maximum increase ended right in front of that seam. It's well over an inch wider now. He did it with his hands, a heat gun, and a dead-blow hammer. Total time he spent on all four corners was about an hour - it's not that difficult.

I run -2.25 degrees camber and got close to 20k miles out of the first set. I'm on R888R's now. For aggressive street driving, I think -2.0 camber would be ideal and would give even tire wear if you rotate fairly frequently. Enjoy the tires - they are great, especially if you can run them at the optimal pressure of 30psi hot.

God damn, that looks incredible.

What is the turn in like with so much sidewall? Do you notice a ton of sidewall flex with the 15” wheels and so much sidewall?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

God damn, that looks incredible.

What is the turn in like with so much sidewall? Do you notice a ton of sidewall flex with the 15” wheels and so much sidewall?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No flex at all. Turn-in is instantaneous, especially with 0 toe. The tires communicate really well - it's easy to rotate to a 5 degree slip angle and just keep it there without much correction. They're forgiving too and will start making just a little noise before the limits, which are really high too - well over a g. With a bit of negative camber, these are great tires and match up with our cars really well. Highly recommended.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^One has to remember that these are 100 tread wear, just about 'streetable' (despite the mileage that ericr has gotten out of them! [thumb]) open track tires.

Even IF they made them in an even taller sidewall than the ones on ericr's ride, they probably would have little to no 'mush' in their structure, or resultant turn-in. [wink]