Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Revo Rear Motor Mount Reviews?

Trader history for forevercasual (0)

Has anyone installed these yet? I had a CPE mount and while the quality was excellent, I didn't care for the NVH as my DD. I was looking to get a Cobb as they are closest to stock, but I also wanted to support whoosh since he's been a huge supporter of the community. I can't seem to find any reviews on any of the other forums, and don't want to be selling off another RMM in a few months.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...ts/revo-rear-torque-mount-fiesta-st-2014-2018

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Has anyone installed these yet? I had a CPE mount and while the quality was excellent, I didn't care for the NVH as my DD. I was looking to get a Cobb as they are closest to stock, but I also wanted to support whoosh since he's been a huge supporter of the community. I can't seem to find any reviews on any of the other forums, and don't want to be selling off another RMM in a few months.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...ts/revo-rear-torque-mount-fiesta-st-2014-2018
Try out the AWR mount. ALOT of happy people that have gotten then mount. Plus you can choose different stiffness bushings and its cheaper while also being a quality piece.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

I'll be giving it a go here very soon and can give you my impression vs. the 88a AWR if that helps
If I were to guess I'd bet the NVH will settle in somewhere between the Mountune and AWR 70a. It is not going to be a super stiff mount at least I don't think so. Again, this is only a guess at this point.

OP
forevercasual
Thread Starter #4
I had looked at that and really did hope that would fit my needs, but the first review on the site concerns me. I'm not saying it's off the table, but I'd like to check out some of the other options as well.

""Acceptable" and "tolerable" are subjective. It can be quite obtrusive at times. I went with the 70a durometer. For street use, that's as stiff as you need it.

It's really noticeable when starting the car; the whole car shakes while cranking. Also, between 1000 and 1500 RPM under light load in traffic conditions or driving easy, it really let's it's presence known. My dash cam (on my upper windshield) and phone (on the dash) shake quite hard in that range.

Still a 5-star mod. I really wish I had done this sooner. The extra bit of vibration will take some getting used to since the car is so smooth from the factory, but the more solid connection makes it worth it."

OP
forevercasual
Thread Starter #5
I'll be giving it a go here very soon and can give you my impression vs. the 88a AWR if that helps
If I were to guess I'd bet the NVH will settle in somewhere between the Mountune and AWR 70a. It is not going to be a super stiff mount at least I don't think so. Again, this is only a guess at this point.
Cool, thanks!
I will need you to make it quick lol, I already need to make an order before my wheels get in in March.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I had looked at that and really did hope that would fit my needs, but the first review on the site concerns me. I'm not saying it's off the table, but I'd like to check out some of the other options as well.

""Acceptable" and "tolerable" are subjective. It can be quite obtrusive at times. I went with the 70a durometer. For street use, that's as stiff as you need it.

It's really noticeable when starting the car; the whole car shakes while cranking. Also, between 1000 and 1500 RPM under light load in traffic conditions or driving easy, it really let's it's presence known. My dash cam (on my upper windshield) and phone (on the dash) shake quite hard in that range.

Still a 5-star mod. I really wish I had done this sooner. The extra bit of vibration will take some getting used to since the car is so smooth from the factory, but the more solid connection makes it worth it."
I understand that opinion.

My friend got the Cobb RMM for his car but before he got it people have said the vibrations are really noticeable. I sat in it the moment we installed it and you could barely feel ANY vibrations, they are there, but not at all obtrusive as people put it out to be. Others even said it was "rattling their teeth out" and I'm still scratching my head at that on how that is the case. It really isn't that bad at all.

Thats how I feel about the AWR. I'm going to get the 88a AWR and I guarantee it won't be as bad as some say. Others have even said its not bad at all and question what crack the others were smoking when they said it was too much NVH. Getting the 88a because I feel once its fully broken in it will still do its job well rather then the 70a which when fully broken in it might be too soft/near the OEM side of things.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Any updates? Looking to make an order soon.
yes
I've installed the revo rear motor mount
it's a little stiffer than the Mountune RMM I had on my 2016 FiST
Much less interior noiuse then the AWR 88a that I removed from the car. I originally thought the car was "loose" and just a little noisy now but the revo is most definitely stiffer than the Mountune RMM
there are some interior vibes but it's minimal
I remember using the COBB RMM and the Mountune. With the AC on I would have to look for the NVH or vibrations....there really weren't any but on the flip side there was a fair amount of engine movement to go along with that
The AWR produces some pretty significant "buzziness" in comparison but the engine movement is gone. It's a great feeling when pulling out and between gears
The revo is somewhere in the middle of all that from what I can tell so far

If I were to list my personal tested / used mounts from softest least NVH (most engine movement) to stiffest most NVH with least amount of engine movement:

COBB
Mountune
revo
AWR 70a
cp-e
AWR 88a

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Hey ron would you say the difference between the cpe and awr 88a is noticeable or... Im stuck between those two.
it's close, really close
I'd say the cp-e is just a wee bit less NVH
but once both go through an oil change cycle or a few thousand miles it would be tough to tell a difference

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just want to raise this from the dead to have an open discussion on these mounts... So of course there is durometer rating that some companies share and some not, but also the style comes into play... With the big dual bushing style that Cobb/Mountune/Vudu/Torque Solutions use, you can only use a durometer measurement to compare between those of that style. My Torque Solutions is a 75a but it sounds like is actually softer than an AWR 70a, because the AWR design has smaller bushings, it acts stiffer than the than ratings for those large bushing sets... I say this because running e30 and even with a turbo inlet that has smoothed out the torque punch AND side mount inserts, I am still inducing actual wheel hop and looking to upgrade a bit. As of now, NVH isn't bad at all, of course you feel it the most between 1000-1500 where you are never staying at, just passing through, so I want something stiffer and not sure what to get as a step up from the Torque Solutions 75a.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I dont have wheel hop issues but I switched from Cobb to Revo and love it. NVH isn’t intolerable (no rattling dash) and it’s 100% acceptable in traffic. I also have Powerflex Street inserts in both upper mounts. No more engine banging and torque steer is almost completely eliminated. I had issues with that after my LSD installation. I’d say the NVH is similar to what I experienced when going from stock to Torque Solutions exhaust hangers.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I dont have wheel hop issues but I switched from Cobb to Revo and love it. NVH isn’t intolerable (no rattling dash) and it’s 100% acceptable in traffic. I also have Powerflex Street inserts in both upper mounts. No more engine banging and torque steer is almost completely eliminated. I had issues with that after my LSD installation. I’d say the NVH is similar to what I experienced when going from stock to Torque Solutions exhaust hangers.
Thanks for the input! I failed to mention I posted here because there is a used good condition Revo available for $110 but that's also the same price as a new AWR, which might be a little too stiff at 88a and I don't want to drop down to 70a, with small bushings it's probably much like my 75a big bushing already... So sounds like the Revo is stiffer than what I have, and with the Street inserts on the upper sides already too, I think that's the last piece I need to dial down the wheel hop...

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the input! I failed to mention I posted here because there is a used good condition Revo available for $110 but that's also the same price as a new AWR, which might be a little too stiff at 88a and I don't want to drop down to 70a, with small bushings it's probably much like my 75a big bushing already... So sounds like the Revo is stiffer than what I have, and with the Street inserts on the upper sides already too, I think that's the last piece I need to dial down the wheel hop...
Though I don’t have experience with the 88a or CPe, I would assume they’d be quite stiff. Much more than the Revo. I think you’d have no problem reselling the Revo for the same price if it doesn’t solve your problems. If you haven’t installed the Transmission side Powerflex insert, consider doing that at the same time. It makes a difference. Replacing all three has made a noticeable improvement.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Though I don’t have experience with the 88a or CPe, I would assume they’d be quite stiff. Much more than the Revo. I think you’d have no problem reselling the Revo for the same price if it doesn’t solve your problems. If you haven’t installed the Transmission side Powerflex insert, consider doing that at the same time. It makes a difference. Replacing all three has made a noticeable improvement.
That's what I was saying, inserts/sides already, has actually brought back wheel hop with the RMM as the weak link I think... I'm just worried the Revo isn't any stiffer than the Torque Solutions that I have now, maybe a little I don't know.... but you're right, I could probably sell it if it's not stiff enough for me so maybe going straight to the 88a would work, it's the 95a they recommend only for the track. But thanks for your thoughts, always more to consider!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Cold weather can also add wheel hop due to loss of tire grip. Someone on here recently from the same state as me was complaining about wheel hop, but he's running summer tires with the temperatures in the 30s. I know you're on all seasons tires that deal with temperature changes better just a thought. You could always go 6 point brace instead of headlights, but I know you love your LEDs.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Cold weather can also add wheel hop due to loss of tire grip. Someone on here recently from the same state as me was complaining about wheel hop, but he's running summer tires with the temperatures in the 30s. I know you're on all seasons tires that deal with temperature changes better just a thought. You could always go 6 point brace instead of headlights, but I know you love your LEDs.
Oh, I'm totally set on my LED's, I have a GOOD set now and a review site owner is sending me REALLY good ones for free now too... BUT, for sure, I'm thinking a 6 pt. would be the way to go too, it looks REALLY interesting! But I also accidentally bent my traction bar a little with my jack trying to jack up the trans a bit for the side mount inserts, like a dumb-ass, AND right after paying full price for it, there was a big group buy where they went for only $80 or something so my resale value is shit now, hehe.... But I'll consider that 6 pt. for sure down the road.