Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ForScan and how it can help fiesta/focus owners

Why do you leave your car running all the time? Shut it off.

"Soft" closing the door works well. I do that sometimes.

Another idea, put a toggle switch on the horn relay.
Not sure what gave you the idea that I'm leaving my car running all the time. I explained exactly when and why it's running, as well as why shutting it off doesn't make sense, while hop out for literal seconds to let my kid out for school in the morning.

Thanks for your input. No need to respond to my inquiries any further if you don't have information pertaining to disabling that feature with ForScan, as the thread topic suggests, thanks.

--Matt

Last edited:

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I looked this up one day and found an article by one of the car rags that said this honk honk was done to prevent senior citizens from forgetting their car was running. They reported that there were even a few deaths from older people leaving their cars running in the garage. Ford decided to err waaaaaayy on the side of caution with this one.

I just leave my door slightly ajar. Let the latch click but not completely engage and no honk

I looked this up one day and found an article by one of the car rags that said this honk honk was done to prevent senior citizens from forgetting their car was running. They reported that there were even a few deaths from older people leaving their cars running in the garage. Ford decided to err waaaaaayy on the side of caution with this one.

I just leave my door slightly ajar. Let the latch click but not completely engage and no honk
I read the same basic thing. I ordered a dongle to experiment with Forscan. I guess I'll give it a go. *shrug*

I'm making some headway here but need to see some data from a car that doesn't double honk. Anyone have one that doesn't, and wanna share your VIN? It seems like early 2014 builds will be the ones that don't yet have the feature enabled, and I'm interested in a VIN from one confirmed not to do it so I can pull the AsBuilt data for comparison.

This setting is on 726-xx-xx on every other car.

726-01-01 is the only of the usual blocks where this setting is present on other cars, but has the same value between cars that do this and cars that don't. On those cars (Focus ST for example) the 8th bit is toggled from on to off. That bit is already off in the AsBuilt data in every FiST I've seen.

Diffing the AsBuilt data between a 2014 that doesn't double-honk, and those that do not, I see differences in 726-04-01, 726-04-02, 726-06-01, 726-06-03 and 726-06-04. These seem to be the GEM (General Electronic Module) on most models I've found anything on. Unfortunately, every vehicle for which I've seen these blocks decoded has them dealing with BMS (battery monitor) settings.

I also see differences in 726-08-03. I've not found this to have been decoded on other vehicles. Its earlier cousin, 726-08-01 generally seems to deal with TPMS.

I also see differences in 727-03-01 and 727-04-01. These seem to be the ACM (audio control) on most models I've found anything on.

I also see differences in 737-01-02, 737-01-03, and 737-01-04. These seem to be the RCM (restraint control) on most models I've found anything on.

I also see differences in 760-01-01 and 760-01-02. These seem to be the ABSM (anti-loc braking) on most vehicles I've found anything on.

So, based on that, the one difference in 726-08-03 seems like a reasonable maybe. It's also possible that any of the bits that are on in 726-01-01 could be it and, perhaps, maybe it just didn't do anything in the early 2014 models. That wouldn't be consistent with how the FoST 194->114 change works, though, since the earlier cars without the double honk had 114. It's also potentially dangerous to start flipping those since one of them is likely to be the bit that enables push button start and could render the car impossible to start.

That's what I've got for the theory portion for today. I guess the next step is hooking up a cable and toggling some settings. I haven't yet worked up the nerve. :)

Last edited:

kyddlewis

Been doing some research on the famous "double honk"
Found that the 16+ all have a section the pre-16's don't have in the AsBuilt. 726-07-xx
Now which line is it? no idea. This could be a new feature but I cant figure out what new came in the 16+ models the older ones don't have other than sync 3

Im probably not going to touch this, only got ForScan to code out my TMPS and saw this was an issue alot of people were having. With covid decided to dig around