Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ForScan and how it can help fiesta/focus owners

I highly recommend you head over to the fusion forum for your deep read about forscan

First I have to say ForScan on your phone only will data log but using a PC you can turn off/on options just buy flipping a hex bit.

I noticed fiesta does not have a big post on this just little ones on small topic so as you share here I will be updating first post about the possibilitys using ForScan.

I am not a good organized person with spreadsheets so if anyone would like to start a calaborative spreadsheet I'm sure that would be appreciated.

I highly recommend using a obdlink mx Bluetooth or wifi device wifi only for Apple unless you are jailbroken. These for ease of use if you also enjoy using torquepro but if you want to get more serious about quick data logging and piece of mind that you won't have issues when flashing a change you can get a obd to USB device that needs to have a switch to access both the hican and mscan.

REMEMBER TO BACKUP ALL YOUR ASBUILT INFO BEFORE MAKING CHANGES
Makes it easy to return to unmodified for dealer service and if something didn't work

Download ForScan/register for license.
http://forscan.org/download.html

Even though every vehicle I have seen have the same modules the same codes are usually not universal but is worth a try if you have the same module
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
gjkrisa
Thread Starter #2
Backup Camera (enabled with auto dim)

7D0-01-01
2330 6105 C052

Boot animation (ST)

7D0-02-01
xxxx xBxx xxxx

Visual Design (Ford Timeless)
7D0-03-01
xxxx x1xx xxxx

Bluetooth Pairing Name(Ford Fiesta instead of Sync)

7D0-04-01
xxxx xxxx 20xx

Themes: APIM (If you want an ST Splash Screen do not change 7D0-03-01.

7D0-03-01xxxxx*xxxxxx
Visual Design Variants:
0=Ford Classic
1=Ford Timeless,
2=Lincoln Timeless,
3=Lincoln Next,
4=Ford New Blue GT (must also set 7D0-02-01 xxxx xDxx xxxx)

ST Ford Performance boot screen animation
7D0-02-01xxxxxBxxxxxx

Climate Control (APIM)
1) Enable Climate Menu (This also activates the ability to speak to the car and tell it what temperature you want your HVAC settings to be.
2) Enable Climate Temperature Display that will show to the left of your outside Temperature
3) On mine i chose option 3. Our cars do not have dual climate but this is the only way to enable this.

7D0-01-01xxxxxxx*xxxx

Climate Front Zone & HD Radio: 3=Dual Zone & HD radio avail, 2=Dual Zone & HD radio not avail, 7=Single Zone & HD radio avail, 6=Single Zone & HD radio not avail

Remove Sirius from Menu (APIM)
** Unless otherwise noted, below data is for SYNC 3 v2.x & v3.0
7D0-01-01*xxxxxxxxxxx
Removes Sirius from audio sources (decrement your value where the asterisk is by 2; if you have an "A" make it "8", if you have "2" make it "0")

Last edited:

Bluedrank

I'm all for getting an easy to digest list of cool codes for our car. Sorting through the other Forscan thread for info is just something I don't want to do.

Here is the list of the apim changes I did to my sync 3 using forscan

7D0-01-01
2330 6105 C052

Boot animation (ST)

7D0-02-01
xxxx xBxx xxxx

7D0-03-01
xxxx x1xx xxxx

Bluetooth Pairing Name (Ford Fiesta instead of Sync)

7D0-04-01
xxxx xxxx 20xx

On top of that I got rid of annoying shift arrow in the cluster, but I do not remember where I got it.

OP
gjkrisa
Thread Starter #5
Here is the list of the apim changes I did to my sync 3 using forscan

7D0-01-01
2330 6105 C052

Boot animation (ST)

7D0-02-01
xxxx xBxx xxxx

7D0-03-01
xxxx x1xx xxxx

Bluetooth Pairing Name(Ford Fiesta instead of Sync)

7D0-04-01
xxxx xxxx 20xx

On top of that I got rid of annoying shift arrow in the cluster, but I do not remember where I got it.
Thank you for sharing
Personally on my 05 focus loved the factory shift light because it was adaptive for a heavy foot it didn't only turn on at a certain rpm but how much you where into the throttle also so if you were just gunning it it didn't show up unless you should shift before hitting redline
Probably only reason I got 40mpg

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Weird, my '17 already says Ford Fiesta for BT, they must have changed the name with software updates or something... and I've noticed the shift light, while small and easy to ignore, is ridiculously off: Seriously, you want me to shift into 6th at 37 MPH? The manual recommends 42 and lugging a modern turbo engine is no good... Anyway, I'll have to look into this more, I thought I could change my screen picture with the diagnostics menu but still seems to be stuck on "timeless", the regular Ford logo...

OP
gjkrisa
Thread Starter #7
No it will not stick on with the diagnostic menu.
You get into the diagnostic mode by holding eject and power in radio mode right?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
No it will not stick on with the diagnostic menu.
You get into the diagnostic mode by holding eject and power in radio mode right?
I was thinking of the right side one that starts off with that stupid tone test? I believe it's track forward and eject...

OP
gjkrisa
Thread Starter #10
Has anyone turned off the honking twice when shutting the doors when the cars is running and you have the key outside the car? Because that is annoying as hell. I was also curious about possibly getting the ability to roll the windows down or up outside the car with the fob.
This is from various other fords to compare
If you haven't already make sure to make a back up first fords ASBUILT info is not fully intack from there free site
Try global windows close
726-17-01
Xxxx xxxx 014A
Global open
726-17-02
Xxxx xxxx 014B

Double honk
726-41-02
xxx0 xxxx xxxx
Or
726-16-01
xx0x

If you haven't already make sure to make a back up first fords ASBUILT info is not fully intack from there free site
Try global windows close
726-17-01
Xxxx xxxx 014A
Global open
726-17-02
Xxxx xxxx 014B

Double honk
726-41-02
xxx0 xxxx xxxx
Or
726-16-01
xx0x

That's so awesome, thank you! If anyone has done the global windows one, I'd be curious to know if it worked. (Currently I only have apple products so I'm at the mercy of my brother to get the forscan and help me change the splash screen and these other options)

Seriously, you want me to shift into 6th at 37 MPH? The manual recommends 42 and lugging a modern turbo engine is no good...
That's exactly why I did it. 60km/h in 6th cannot be good to your car.

Try global windows close
726-17-01
Xxxx xxxx 014A
Global open
726-17-02
Xxxx xxxx 014B
Correct me if wrong but we do not have proper door modules to activate global windows close. I read it somewhere that you can activate it on European Fiestas, but no luck on NA models.

Weird, my '17 already says Ford Fiesta for BT, they must have changed the name with software updates or something... and I've noticed the shift light, while small and easy to ignore, is ridiculously off: Seriously, you want me to shift into 6th at 37 MPH? The manual recommends 42 and lugging a modern turbo engine is no good... Anyway, I'll have to look into this more, I thought I could change my screen picture with the diagnostics menu but still seems to be stuck on "timeless", the regular Ford logo...
They must have changed it for Sync 3. My ST is 2015, which originally came with Sync 2 and I flashed 2015 as built data to keep all the same options.

As far as I know, the difference between classic and timeless theme is the color of the buttons. All blue in timeless and different colors for audio, phone, nav, apps and settings button. There's also a nice blue GT theme, but you have to get GT boot animation to activate it and I would rather stay with ST.

OP
gjkrisa
Thread Starter #14

Correct me if wrong but we do not have proper door modules to activate global windows close. I read it somewhere that you can activate it on European Fiestas, but no luck on NA models.
That is possible I know for my taurus we can globally open but not close because they didn't install the safety sensor

OP
gjkrisa
Thread Starter #15

If the cars shift light is saying yes I say Ford may have not put ultra lean mode in top gear like in the Subarus I know my taurus still hits close to 14 in cruise but still on the rich side not lean
But of course I would data log to make sure that is the case If you would like to

You are correct, we don't have the required hardware for it. Looked pretty extensively into it about 6 months back.

If the cars shift light is saying yes I say Ford may have not put ultra lean mode in top gear like in the Subarus I know my taurus still hits close to 14 in cruise but still on the rich side not lean
But of course I would data log to make sure that is the case If you would like to

The lack of a DDM would also be the reason we cannot enable the folding power mirrors they get over there as well [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will throw in my two cents i have been actively using Forscan on 17 Fiesta ST

Here is what you can do with Sync 3

Themes: APIM (If you want an ST Splash Screen do not change 7D0-03-01.

7D0-03-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx
Visual Design Variants:
0=Ford Classic
1=Ford Timeless,
2=Lincoln Timeless,
3=Lincoln Next,
4=Ford New Blue GT (must also set 7D0-02-01 xxxx xDxx xxxx)

ST Splash Screen
7D0-02-01 xxxx xBxx xxxx ST Ford Performance boot screen animation

Climate Control (APIM)
1) Enable Climate Menu (This also activates the ability to speak to the car and tell it what temperature you want your HVAC settings to be.
2) Enable Climate Temperature Display that will show to the left of your outside Temperature
3) On mine i chose option 3. Our cars do not have dual climate but this is the only way to enable this.

7D0-01-01 xxxx xxx* xxxx

Climate Front Zone & HD Radio: 3=Dual Zone & HD radio avail, 2=Dual Zone & HD radio not avail, 7=Single Zone & HD radio avail, 6=Single Zone & HD radio not avail

Remove Sirius from Menu (APIM)
** Unless otherwise noted, below data is for SYNC 3 v2.x & v3.0
7D0-01-01 *xxx xxxx xxxx
Removes Sirius from audio sources (decrement your value where the asterisk is by 2; if you have an "A" make it "8", if you have "2" make it "0")

Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC/BCM)
1) Enable Fog Lights for cars that do not have them (non-st)
2) Disable Shift Light
3) Disable TPMS (for winter, aftermarket wheels, etc.)
4) Change Rolling Diameter (Useful for correcting speedometer with Aftermarket tire and wheel sizes)

Sync 2 Only
Add Navigation with nothing more than a NAV Card and Forscan to enable.

Here's what you cannot do for sure
1) Bambi Mode (Fogs stay on with High Beams) However one could use a relay harness without Forscan)
2) Global Windows up/down we do not have the necessary hardware in our USDM cars.

All of this was from me trial and error and using F-150 Forums and the F-150 Guides
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=815852466

The link above is for the F-150 Spreadsheets.

OP
gjkrisa
Thread Starter #19
That's so awesome, thank you! If anyone has done the global windows one, I'd be curious to know if it worked. (Currently I only have apple products so I'm at the mercy of my brother to get the forscan and help me change the splash screen and these other options)
If you mean apple as in apply laptop the easiest I have found to work is run windows in VM if you have a USB to obd device then setting up wine and running forscan threw that is easier on system resources