Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rebates etc. Just ordered my 2018 FIST

Well I went to my dealer and configured the ST that I wanted i.e., Magnetic, Recaro pkg, Nav, and moonroof. I did not believe that there would be one in the area or the state even and they confirmed there wasn't one in the New England area. They found a lead on one in PA but it had been sold. No problem because I can wait and save some $$ in the meantime. They did present me with the current rebate of $1500.00 but said that if I was willing to gamble, that there might be more rebates and incentives as we get closer to when the car will be delivered. This is based on the logic that as you get further into the 2018 season, they will be more inclined to want to move cars. What do you think? Should I have camped on the rebate today ($1500.00 is nothing really) or waited several months when I actually get the car. This is what I decided to do but it does sound somewhat sketchy.... or am I just being paranoid? [???:)]

You made the right decision. It's much much better to wait. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Ford has been offering the '$1,500 rebate or 0% financing' deal for a very long time. You shouldn't have any issue with getting the $1,500 rebate when the time comes around.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
You made the right decision. It's much much better to wait. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Ford has been offering the '$1,500 rebate or 0% financing' deal for a very long time. You shouldn't have any issue with getting the $1,500 rebate when the time comes around.
I don’t think you’re wrong; I’ve heard the same. But I’ve heard all kinds of different deals, too. On my 2017 I got $3,000 off MSRP and a 0% interest rate, so who knows?

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Well I went to my dealer and configured the ST that I wanted i.e., Magnetic, Recaro pkg, Nav, and moonroof. I did not believe that there would be one in the area or the state even and they confirmed there wasn't one in the New England area. They found a lead on one in PA but it had been sold. No problem because I can wait and save some $$ in the meantime. They did present me with the current rebate of $1500.00 but said that if I was willing to gamble, that there might be more rebates and incentives as we get closer to when the car will be delivered. This is based on the logic that as you get further into the 2018 season, they will be more inclined to want to move cars. What do you think? Should I have camped on the rebate today ($1500.00 is nothing really) or waited several months when I actually get the car. This is what I decided to do but it does sound somewhat sketchy.... or am I just being paranoid? [???:)]
I think you made the right decision. I’d scoop up a 2017 now (if there’s any left), or wait a little longer to purchase the 2018.

Coming from the auto business, I can tell you there is absolutely no way of knowing what incentives will be offered at the time you car arrives, no dealer knows this either, as they also have no sure way of knowing until the incentives are released on a monthly basis, by the Factory. Hopefully for your sake, the incentives improve.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ya I know that ordering a 2018 the rebates here are 2k . As far as financing goes it's a either rebate or 0% That really does not matter for me as . One you save more on the rebate vs the finance. As 0 percent is only offered 72-84 month loans which are crazy unless youn plan on slamming them. I am actually gonna be slamming my loan anyways I will have it paid off in around a year to year and a half.
I also have another discount for $500 so that brings my total rebates to $2500 I can actually get a 2018 base Orange Spice for $19800 before tax and license. I am debating on dropping the extra $1995 for the Recaros. I most likely will.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
^^^ I agree.
[MENTION=8838]Dpro[/MENTION]- If you do a lot of long distance driving- I wouldn’t get Recaros, but if you don’t do long drives often, I’d get em’. The Recaros make the car feel more flat in the corners

Dpro

6000 Post Club
^^^ I agree.
[MENTION=8838]Dpro[/MENTION]- If you do a lot of long distance driving- I wouldn’t get Recaros, but if you don’t do long drives often, I’d get em’. The Recaros make the car feel more flat in the corners
I actually have sat in the Recaros vs the stock seats. My impression was I liked how I fit in the Recaros and the bolstering.

I am not that tall though. 5'7" and the issue I encountered with the Recaros has to do with the mounting, in the FiST they are slightly angled upwards at the front of the seat.
Now if your a taller person with longer legs this is not an issue.
Though for us of shorter stature this causes my legs to not shoot forward but upwards putting me in a leaned back seated position compared to the stock seat. I am not the only person who has noticed this or commented on it.

I have owned and drven many sports cars with seats like these Recaros yet I have never encountered this and it can be blamed on Fords seat mounting for the Recaros.

In fact a member of this forum actually put spacers in the rear at the mount points to flatten that angle.
My goal would be to look to drop the front a bit without raising in the rear.
The seats already sit in more of sedan/truck height as it is. Dropping then down an inch or so would totally change the feel to more of a Sports car position.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you're dead set on the Recaros, a good upholsterer can do that for you fairly cheap. Lots of good upholsterers in L.A.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
If you're dead set on the Recaros, a good upholsterer can do that for you fairly cheap. Lots of good upholsterers in L.A.
I could probably do it myself lol. I don't need to pay someone to space down a seat I just need to know its possible without major fabrication. Possibly putting on side mount brackets might be doable. Sidemount brackets do space down seats a inch or so from stock positioning.
Prefer not to have to do side mount brackets cause at that point I might as well just save my pennies and run aftermarket Sparco's or something along that line. It would be about 1k cheaper. It's just the whole non stock airbag deal.
If full on track car would not care. Street car though is another story.

OP
J
Thread Starter #16
Ordered my 2018 FIST on Feb 25th. The dealer contacted me and said that the build week is June 4th and the car would be ready by the end of June [tongue]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ordered my 2018 FIST on Feb 25th. The dealer contacted me and said that the build week is June 4th and the car would be ready by the end of June [tongue]
This interesting as I placed my order in roughly the same time frame. I talked to my guy on Friday and he did not have a build date yet. Though this tellls me my car might be in the same run as he did let me know it was based on allocation. So they pick certain times to do ST builds.

OP
J
Thread Starter #18
This interesting as I placed my order in roughly the same time frame. I talked to my guy on Friday and he did not have a build date yet. Though this tellls me my car might be in the same run as he did let me know it was based on allocation. So they pick certain times to do ST builds.
Our cars might be siblings.... what color is yours?

I ordered mine Feb 16th so we might have our cars build in the same batch. If you ask your dealer for your VIN, you can check on https://www.etis.ford.com/ to check the build date. For now mine is not sorted out, it shows 30.11.0002. (my guess is it's my birthday followed by an other number)